Community Focus

Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM #1
Jluu1

Jluu1 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jluu1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jluu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jluu1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad Judgement From Ref at Big Game

Hello Badlandz, I would personally like to make a complaint about the Big Game, Battle For The Planet. On March 24th 2013, I took my 11 year old brother to his first big game. We were playing on the American Marines side with red armbands. The opposing team had a "Drop Ship" and the pilot repetitively shot at my younger brother's head point blank. he chased my brother around a tree asking for his surrender, but kept shooting at the same time. of course if paintballs are hitting your head constantly at point blank then your going to cover your head. They said my brother didn't surrender...even though they fired first. I don't blame the player for this, i blame the ref that accompanied them. The ref watched the whole incident and when we told them that wasn't right. the ref bluntly said, "GO BACK TO YOUR BASE!". The ref was clearly not ensuring safety and was only bias for his white arm band team's victory. My brother has welts on his head that could've been avoided if the ref just stepped in to stop the unnecessary bonus ball at point blank. The ref accompanied the white armband team and wore dye i4's.

Last edited by Jluu1 : 03-28-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Jluu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM #2
bossman15

bossman15 supports DLX Technology
Won't be the first time or the last, that you get that type of reffing at the Badlandz......
bossman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM #3
AfterShocK

Annual Supporting Member
AfterShocK is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
AfterShocK is a Professional paintball player
AfterShocK is an Ultimate field/store owner
AfterShocK works for a Paintball manufacturer
AfterShocK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sorry that something like that happened to your brother but it was`nt a ref if he had white armband tape on , he was another player. For this game we hired MW Arson and we have received dozens of compliments so far and only this one issue. We have Beginner open play running along side all our big games as well as each weekend, please bring your brother back out as our guest so we can insure he has a great time and learns to enjoy the game at a slower pace with other younger and newer competitors. We will cover his entry as well as paint and a rental gear if he needs it. Again sorry this happened, please give us the opportunity to make it right
Badlandz Paintball Field

Like Badlandz on Facebook
BBT
Like BBT on Facebook
Planet Eclipse, GI sportz, Vforce
AfterShocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM #4
Skipdogg

wow, that is a great professional response. I applaud that reaction from a field owner!

and sorry about your brother.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 PM #5
Whiskeyfoy
Underground

Annual Supporting Member
Whiskeyfoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Whiskeyfoy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yep sorry to hear about your lil bro. As was stated a few posts above if the player had tape on I doubt he was a ref. Most to all the ref's wear Orange and white Ref jerseys .

I think the post from the field owner above shows just how great the place is and how willing he is to make it an enjoyable experience for all ages. If you or your brother are ever out and you see myself or my team feel free to give us a shout and we will make sure you guys have a good time as well.

Have a good one!

Woodsball Tournament they way it should be played! Ultimate Woodsball League
"So if you are a team of *****ing ,cheating and disrespectful players I suggest you find a different venue for your antics! The UWL is not for you.
Tom Cole"
Whiskeyfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 PM #6
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Great response from the field......

Although, what kind of big brother watches that happen to his little brother?

Just saying.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM #7
Jluu1

Jluu1 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jluu1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jluu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jluu1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
Great response from the field......

Although, what kind of big brother watches that happen to his little brother?

Just saying.
I was just shocked at how the ref was standing there allowing this to happen. As I did say in my original post, I told the players and ref that it was wrong for them to do that to a kid. The ref just bluntly said "GO BACK TO YOUR BASE!". The ref was wearing an orange stripe referee jersey and was not wearing a white armband but I made the conclusion that he was in favor of the other side since he accompanied them on the "drop ship".

Last edited by Jluu1 : 03-28-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Jluu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 AM #8
Whiskeyfoy
Underground

Annual Supporting Member
Whiskeyfoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Whiskeyfoy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jluu1 View Post
I was just shocked at how the ref was standing there allowing this to happen. As I did say in my original post, I told the players and ref that it was wrong for them to do that to a kid. The ref just bluntly said "GO BACK TO YOUR BASE!". The ref was wearing an orange stripe referee jersey and was not wearing a white armband but I made the conclusion that he was in favor of the other side since he accompanied them on the "drop ship".
If that is the case then I think anyone will agree that was a bad call but could not have been intentional. I know when reffing there is a ton of stuff going on and you can't catch everything and unless he blatantly saw what happened he could have just said go back to your base because at least that gets you out of harms way and he still needs to keep his eye on the field.

BUT with that said its still a bad call and an unfortunate thing that your little brother had to deal with. Like the owner of the field has said in a few posts up, bring him back and in beginners open play and let Badlandz make it right.

Woodsball Tournament they way it should be played! Ultimate Woodsball League
"So if you are a team of *****ing ,cheating and disrespectful players I suggest you find a different venue for your antics! The UWL is not for you.
Tom Cole"
Whiskeyfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 PM #9
redhand68
Rock & Roll Death Patrol

redhand68 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jluu1 View Post
I made the conclusion that he was in favor of the other side since he accompanied them on the "drop ship".
My name is Liam Norris and I was the coordinator for this Big Game. I'm not sure what happened w/ your little brother but I know that refs have a lot to keep their eyes on at any given moment, especially when there are special rules in play. I felt MW Arson did a great job. I had overwhelmningly possitive feedback from the players. As far as your percived ref bias goes I have to disagree. I MADE a ref accompany each drop ship on both sides everytime one was in play.
I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience but I'm very proud that my homefield is doing what it can to make it right. My goal as a game coordinator is to try to make the Big Games as much fun as possible for ALL the players. I hope you give Badlandz a second chance and find out what a fantastic place to play paintball it really is.