Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 07:20 AM #22
cvm973
Supra owner

Uss Texas , lol a 1914 battleship ?! He'll I think NYC could wage war with you with their uss intrepid that's at least an aircraft carrier ...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 08:20 AM #23
ddr421

ddr421 supports Team VICIOUS
ddr421 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ddr421 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm973 View Post
Uss Texas , lol a 1914 battleship ?! He'll I think NYC could wage war with you with their uss intrepid that's at least an aircraft carrier ...
no school like old school! it was built to take a beating and dish out the hate
Old 11-11-2012, 08:28 AM #24
ladd_17
Boycott 10bps

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill

Said by no person of color ever
I'm not talking about social issues here, I'm talking about the way our government worked. Prior to Lincoln the states had the bulk of the power, and the fed was small.

Desperately awaiting the return of fun tournament paintball

TRUST
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 AM #25
F1VENOM

Without the U.S. Texas would just return back to Mexico and the money makers would flee back to the U.S.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 AM #26
ddr421

You must know be from Texas, or know Texas history very well.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 AM #27
vikingshadow
Resident Old Guy

I think that if this were actually to happen (and I don't believe it will) by virtue of it's location alone, the US would immediately become an ally and the need for any nukes or warships wouldn't matter.

My biggest thoughts on this though are if Texas and Louisiana do it, how many other states would attempt it? I wonder if we would see this "Midwest Corridor" of blue states attempt it and divide the US in half? I know Oklahoma probably would try and maybe Kansas, but eventually could we see the US divided into small nation states like Europe?

vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:57 PM #28
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Texas doesn't own any nukes.
Then you son, have no clue just where we keep our tactical assets
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM #29
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm973 View Post
LOL said quite clearly by someone who has never been in the Navy, has no understanding of what a battleship is capable of, and just how easy it is to put a carrier at the bottom of the ocean with all hands.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:03 PM #30
F1VENOM

Right, because carriers roam the seas alone.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM #31
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Apple is going to based in Austin. How will the hipsters get I phones if Texas gouges the price?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM #32
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
Apple is going to based in Austin. How will the hipsters get I phones if Texas gouges the price?
China, like everything else.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:50 PM #33
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Regardless of where they're located, the Texas armed forces have no control over them and they're owned by the Department of Defense.

You have zero nukes... and perhaps the realities of succession are sinking in.
And the quickest way to start a war with the United States would be trying to steal its nukes.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 PM #34
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
If Texas secedes, you think they would keep Apple (or any other legitimate business)? I don't know why we are even talking about war. Texas would economically crumble first.

I am a Texan, born in Plano, Texas. I am not biased, just not dumb as ****.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:53 PM #35
ddr421

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
I think that if this were actually to happen (and I don't believe it will) by virtue of it's location alone, the US would immediately become an ally and the need for any nukes or warships wouldn't matter.

My biggest thoughts on this though are if Texas and Louisiana do it, how many other states would attempt it? I wonder if we would see this "Midwest Corridor" of blue states attempt it and divide the US in half? I know Oklahoma probably would try and maybe Kansas, but eventually could we see the US divided into small nation states like Europe?
i dont think louisana can do it because they were bought bought from france
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Then you son, have no clue just where we keep our tactical assets
code named chuck norris!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM #36
vikingshadow
Resident Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
If Texas secedes, you think they would keep Apple (or any other legitimate business)? I don't know why we are even talking about war. Texas would economically crumble first.

I am a Texan, born in Plano, Texas. I am not biased, just not dumb as <del>****</del>.
From what I've seen today, Texas has the world's 15th largest economy. I think they'd do better than some other countries actually do. Also, would the US then think of sending jobs to Texas since it's all about sending the jobs overseas?

As far as a war goes, no way. However, I bet Texas would have the tightest border in the world!

I hadn't thought about the Louisiana Purchase thing....maybe they could take it to court? Possession is 9/10s of the law, or something like that?

vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM #37
drgonzo
Half-cocked

I wonder how much population texas would have after that? You would see a mass exodus to the US, which could really make things difficult for industry and such.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM #38
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
From what I've seen today, Texas has the world's 15th largest economy. I think they'd do better than some other countries actually do. Also, would the US then think of sending jobs to Texas since it's all about sending the jobs overseas?
Every business imaginable would flee a seceding Texas. They would fail. Their "15th largest economy" is dependent upon it's position as a United State's State. Lose that, lose business, lose country, USA takes it back.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM #39
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
I wonder how much population texas would have after that? You would see a mass exodus to the US, which could really make things difficult for industry and such.
I think it would be the other way. I think Texas's population would grow at a rate almost uncontrolable. A lot of people "in the states" are like me, and want to see a constutional republic re-established. (because this socalist, religious nightmare we live in now AIN'T it)

Old 11-11-2012, 07:12 PM #40
drgonzo
Half-cocked

I'm sure Texas's immigration policies would be very liberal.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:42 PM #41
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

You guys understand that Texas would more than likely have an extremely business friendly environment, with incredibly low corporate taxes right? People would be moving businesses there from all over to manufacture and base HQ's out of, much like they're doing now ( See: California and New England exodus).

I think the writing would be on the wall for years before anything happened though, we're far, far from that point.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM #42
ddr421

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
I'm sure Texas's immigration policies would be very liberal.
Quit trolling. Just cause the majority of the population legal or not is Hispanic doesn't mean the state it liberal cause it ain't at all.
The mention of giving amenity will start a fight very quickly