Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 PM #1
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

QmarcesQ is for the Gunfight
QmarcesQ supports Pev's Paintball
Couple questions about ranking.

On the PSP website it lists these points to move up in a division, and APPA has similar scores for divisions.

Quote:
To be promoted to: At End of 2010 Season (12/31/2010) Anytime During Season
Pro/Semi-Pro 3936 points 4800 points
Division 1 1968 points 2400 points
Division 2 984 points 1200 points
Division 3 492 points 600 points
Division 4 100 points 300 points
Division 5 50 points 150 points

Am i D5 when i start playing my first tournaments ever? or am i a beginner or whatever?

Do you get any points for a loss? and how many for a win, or does it vary per event.

Quote:
and providing RaceTo-4/5/7 teams additional flexibility with their rosters to include players of slightly higher ratings than they were able to previously.

and what on earth is race to 4/5/7?

probably obvious questions but i cant figure it out for myself.

Follow me on twitter
http://twitter.com/DJRobotears
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
QmarcesQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM #2
LuckyAce

has been a member for 10 years
LuckyAce plays in the PSP
LuckyAce plays in the APPA D4 division
Dunno about the point thing but Race to 4/5/7 is an xball spinoff of where instead of it being two 25 minutes halves you instead have a time limit and race to either 4, 5 or 7 points. First one to hit that cap or whoever has the most points if time runs out is the winner.
LuckyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 PM #3
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyAce View Post
Dunno about the point thing but Race to 4/5/7 is an xball spinoff of where instead of it being two 25 minutes halves you instead have a time limit and race to either 4, 5 or 7 points. First one to hit that cap or whoever has the most points if time runs out is the winner.

you get points for what exactly?

and i didnt know in regular speedball (eliminate or flag hang) you had 25 minutes for the round?
that seems crazy long to get out 3/5 or 7 players? or am i misinterpreting this again.

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 AM #4
LuckyAce

LuckyAce plays in the PSP
LuckyAce plays in the APPA D4 division
Points are for hanging the flag, not eliminations. Original xball was set up alot like most televised sports, you have x periods with x time limit in each time period to score as many goals as you can. Whoever had the most at the end wins the match, however the PSP shifted to the race to x format in which first team to reach that x amount of hangs wins.
LuckyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 PM #5
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
You get points towards you ranking depending on what you place in an event and what division you play. Each division has a multiplier that goes with it. You each points from competing from like 6.5 - 100, depending on how many teams are in the event. First place gets 100 points. Then you multiply those points by the division multiplier. D5= x1, D4 = x2, D3 =x4, D2=x8, etc.

For example, if you get third place in a D3 event, you may get 90 points. Multiply the 90 by 4. So 90x4= 270. That is the points that goes towards your APPA rank. However, APPA only counts you second third, and fourth highest scores towards you rank.

For you points, everyone starts with 0 and is a beginner. You can only gain points. Losing doesn't hurt your rank.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM #6
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

So technically if I place In a d5 I can move up from beginner to d5?

And are the points per team? Or per the player for the hang they do personally?

An a full elimination is considered a hang to from what I understand from the psp rulebook?

Is the upgrade a forced move or is it a choice? Like can I stay at d5 reguardless of my score till I feel comfortable enough to move to d4?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-29-2011, 01:56 PM #7
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Additionally how can I tell if an event will go toward my ranking? ( appa psp or whatever) I am mainly talking about local field events.

I have my appa number is there anywhere else I need to register with to make sure I get credit and points and track my stuff correctly.

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 PM #8
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
When a team places, every player that is rostered on that team for that events recieves the same amount of points. There are no individual points.

When you reach a certain point level, you are automatically upgraded to the next rank. If it was a choice, you would have too many people staying in D4 even though they should be ranked D2.

An event will go towards you APPA rank if the event you are playing is using the APPA system. If you had to register your team through APPA, then the event will go through to your ranking.

If you are added to a roster, the team manager just has to put you APPA number onto the roster. Then your name and number with show up on the official roster. The APPA system does the rest.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
Old 09-29-2011, 05:40 PM #9
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

Do local games ever use appa system? Or is it just the bigger games?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 PM #10
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It depends on what event it is. In Illinois, many events use the APPA system. It's an easy way to get teams registered, prevent experienced players from playing beginner tournaments, and stay organized in general.
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 PM #11
QmarcesQ
Robot Ears?

It would be obvious if they do though right? or would that be something i would need to ask the event coordinator?

Follow me on twitter
*Paintball*Dubstep*Bass*
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 AM #12
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
If there is a poster or page that is advertsing the event, that ad would say "sign up through APPA".

It is not always obvious that a higher ranked player is playing in a lower division. There are some guys who are playing D4 right now in some of our leagues that could easily play D2. They practice hard and improve their skills every weekend. Technically by their rank, they are still a D4 player.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
Old 10-16-2011, 01:15 PM #13
Wanttobuygun

Wanttobuygun owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
what does it mean when it says like div 4 race somthing. what does the race mean?
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 PM #14
manwee
Explosive Kittens

manwee supports Team VICIOUS
That questions answered in this thread...

"Are they my balls all over your face?"
Karma Police 12 - "OMG IT has the worlds first ever SLPR (super-low pressure lpr) cause its gonna run at negative psi. worlds first ever anti-matter marker."
SquareDorito,"I shoot and it's going right at them, then the wind comes in and is like LOL JK!!"
".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
lucasicool is my best friend. I call him Rocky
manwee is offline   Reply With Quote