Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM #1
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dtpbmasta owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
dtpbmasta owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
envy/extcy shooting distance

what kind of distance can you guys get with your envy or extcy feet or yards if you can get a estimate let me know

also whats your setup

Tippmann A-5 Digi Camo, Hammerhead Barrel Kit, Python Feedneck.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 PM #2
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
depends on what your velocity is set at....

@ 280 fps, I can shoot about 35-40 feet somewhat accurately which equals about 13.5 yards.

SP-1 (same as Vibe/Envy/G-1)
68/4500
Freak barrel

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 05-16-2012 at 01:03 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 PM #3
RogueShooter

This ultimately depends on the weight of the individual paintball, the velocity it's shot at, and the atmospheric conditions (namely wind). It's got very little to do with the gun since we're all limited to 300 fps max. Some paintballs are larger and heavier than others, and will fly farther when shot at the same muzzle velocity due to momentum. Smaller, lighter balls won't get quite the same distance but overall we're talking at best a few feet difference, if that.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:36 AM #4
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
its mainly paint to bore match, the better the underbore, the more consistent your shots will be, so the easier it is to group long shots. i was shooting a .681 barrel (the best is .679 locally, but i dont have one that small on ion threads) and in about 10mph winds i could accurately long ball, on a full sized NPPL field i was maybe +/- 3 feet left to right and +/- a foot or so top to bottom from start box to home, laning on a corner bunker

i was shooting valken graffiti btw, so the .679 is prbly not the bore for your area
Old 05-21-2012, 03:27 PM #5
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
[NA]WARLORD owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
[NA]WARLORD supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
its mainly paint to bore match, the better the underbore, the more consistent your shots will be
That is all underboring is good for, because the accuracy relies solely on the quality of the paint. If you have Walmart paint on an under bored barrel vs Valken Graffiti I guarantee your shot pattern will be different. Also, shot to shot consistency has a lot to due with how efficient your marker is. If the OP has a brand new gun, yet to be broken in, his consistency is going to be off. Once his reg breaks in, and he adds a lighter bolt, then his shots will be more consistent as the lighter bolt will reduce the "kick" of the gun.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 PM #6
spaz66

spaz66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
spaz66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I recommend a barrel kit like the freak it will give you the best shot to shot accuracey and effiency that you will need,there are alot of kits out there so the sky is the limit just choose what you think is best for you, price is the most concern for most ballers so check out the BST for deals.
spaz66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:29 PM #7
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
That is all underboring is good for, because the accuracy relies solely on the quality of the paint. If you have Walmart paint on an under bored barrel vs Valken Graffiti I guarantee your shot pattern will be different. Also, shot to shot consistency has a lot to due with how efficient your marker is. If the OP has a brand new gun, yet to be broken in, his consistency is going to be off. Once his reg breaks in, and he adds a lighter bolt, then his shots will be more consistent as the lighter bolt will reduce the "kick" of the gun.
i wouldnt say solely on the paint, but a nicer paint will have less dimples and there for an easier flight path. but the reg difference will only really change your x/y plane and not even by that much

a lighter bolt is certainly a good upgrade though, i got the l7 and there is 0 kick and the shot placement is maybe 2 feet tighter because of it
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 AM #8
3NVYBall3r

I can shoot my eNVy pretty far at stock. My gun is usually set to about 275-280 something like that and ive gotten hits from at least 50 yds so dont listen to the first guy

-3NVYBall3r
3NVYBall3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 AM #9
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NVYBall3r View Post
I can shoot my eNVy pretty far at stock. My gun is usually set to about 275-280 something like that and ive gotten hits from at least 50 yds so dont listen to the first guy

-3NVYBall3r
Sure, you can get hits at 150 feet, but that's pretty much maxing out, and you're extremely lucky to get a break at that distance. What Warlord was talking about was ACCURATE shots, meaning 35-40 feet would be the limit for getting say, a pie-plate sized grouping. At 150 feet any paintball gun could hardly be called "accurate" unless you're shooting First Strike rounds. No matter how good you are, the gun is, or the paint is, 150 feet you're going to be missing more often than hitting your target.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:31 PM #10
Waxer

Waxer plays in the PSP
Waxer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Waxer plays in the APPA D4 division
Waxer supports DLX Technology
thats my outlook on it as well, although we have had great luck with the l7 bolt and good paint combo on grouping at 150 you might as well make it rain on them lol
Waxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 PM #11
Danny96211

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
i can shoot my envy pretty accurately at 35 yards. anymore than that and it takes a lot of paint to hit someone. All paintball guns should shoot the same distance though, as long as they are set to the same velocity, same paint, same conditions, etc.. Accuracy and consistency, however, can vary greatly depending on many variables
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote