PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 PM #1
Dhutzy

NME LE eye problems!!!!

So my NME has never failed me, until last weekend, it seems like the eyes just do not want to work. I cleaned and oiled my gun perfectly and there is nothing in the way of eyes. When there is no ball in the chamber I turn the gun on and it is with the eyes on it seems to be working, but once i put a ball in the chamber it doesn't want to shoot. It will shoot without the eyes on but not with them on. Does anyone have and advice for me? PLEASE NEED HELP!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 AM #2
Polygamist13

Check your wires they're probably pinched somewhere when you took it apart.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:05 AM #3
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

has been a member for 10 years
SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
uh..... there are several explanations for this
raise your eye power
the eyes are damaged (pinched wire or damaged transmiter/reciever
change your eye mode to eye mode 2 (you may be in simulation mode)
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 AM #4
loser555

yeah check your eye mode
Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 PM #5
Dhutzy

If my eye power is at 10 right now what do you recomend to set it to.? Isn't eye mode 2 and 1 the same except mode 1 monitors the bold and has a rof cap?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:56 PM #6
Dhutzy

So I figured it out it wasn't my eyes. My bolt is to far back and the ball falls back out of the eye's sensors. The manual doesn't really explain what to do, except to use an 1/8 allen wrench to adjust it. Do you just screw that screw in the back of the bolt to move the bolt up or what do you do because I tried to screw that in but it didn't do anything. SOMEONE HELP!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 PM #7
Polygamist13

You move the ram which moves the placement of the bolt. Move the ram forward by screwing it in further with the ram adjuster at the back of the gun.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:28 PM #8
loser555

incase you dont know where to adjust the ram its the end cap on the tube unber the bolt
Old 05-11-2007, 07:45 PM #9
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

Calm down man, don't worry.

there is a screw in your back cap at you use to adjust the bolt travel. i'd secure the back cap with a crecent wrench (wrap the back cap in a paper towel or something to prevent scratching) so that the back cap doesn't overtighten or come lose as you adjust
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM #10
Brute06

If he's only screwing it in, then he won't need to worry about securing it with a crescent wrench. It can't work loosen unless he's moving the ram backwards. Make sure you also check the placement of your detents while you're at it. If your detents are too far forward, the balls can roll forwards, which can either cause a double feed, a chop, or just for your eyes to be unable to see. If the detents are too far back, then you might not be able to feed any balls at all.

When adjusting your ram, make sure you only put the bolt far enough forward that you barely see the bolt when you look directly into the feedneck, otherwise you'll block the feedneck and the balls won't feed.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:30 AM #11
loser555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06 View Post

When adjusting your ram, make sure you only put the bolt far enough forward that you barely see the bolt when you look directly into the feedneck, otherwise you'll block the feedneck and the balls won't feed.
ehh not so good on that cuz he could be looking at an angle but what i'd do it use a pencil or pen or w.e and stick it down your feedneck and put it against the smaller circle of the feedneck at the back of the feedneck and put pressure on it and move the bolt back untill the pencil doesn't touch the pencil and once you do that stick your finger in your feedneck and try and feel and make the distance from the feedneck and the tip of the bolt about a half mm or a dimes thickness
Old 05-12-2007, 11:37 AM #12
1stezekiel
UNA VERGASO EN LA CHOMPA!

1stezekiel is a Supporting Member
1stezekiel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i had a similar problem......maek sure your detents are adjusted right as well .
i used my nme for awhile without eyes cause i thought i had pinched a wire . come to find out, i had the detents adjusted wrong ......
"00"
"GOOF"
"BALISTIK"
Old 05-13-2007, 11:58 AM #13
Brute06

Quote:
Originally posted by loser555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute06

When adjusting your ram, make sure you only put the bolt far enough forward that you barely see the bolt when you look DIRECTLY into the feedneck, otherwise you'll block the feedneck and the balls won't feed.
ehh not so good on that cuz he could be looking at an angle but what i'd do it use a pencil or pen or w.e and stick it down your feedneck and put it against the smaller circle of the feedneck at the back of the feedneck and put pressure on it and move the bolt back untill the pencil doesn't touch the pencil and once you do that stick your finger in your feedneck and try and feel and make the distance from the feedneck and the tip of the bolt about a half mm or a dimes thickness
I said directly, but you're right, if he's not used to it, he could very easily look at it on an angle...... although that really wouldn't make much of a difference because the top of the bolt is on the same plane as the bottom of the feedneck, but we really don't have to get into any of that crap right now, whichever way works best for him is fine. As long as his gun is working, I don't really care about the method he uses in order to get it there.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:19 PM #14
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

or just test dropping ball down the breech and see if it get stuck.... lol
Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 PM #15
Dhutzy

So lets make sure I understand this I screw in the silver bolt in the back of my ram cap to move the ram forward moving my bolt forward, that is all I have to do. What was with securing the ram cap is that important?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:36 PM #16
Polygamist13

Dhutzy: Yes........and...........loctite should be good enough to secure that ram cap.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:13 AM #17
Brute06

By securing the ram cap he's referring to the crescent wrench comment earlier. In this case it's not a big deal. If you find that you've screwed in too much, then you might need to hold the ram cap with your fingers or something so you can screw out the ram adjuster a little. It's just that the ram cap and the ram adjuster both screw the same way, so if you ever loosen the adjuster, you might end up just unscrewing the ram cap instead.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM #18
Dhutzy

Everything is in working order now, thanks for all the information and help.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:40 PM #19
Polygamist13

ahhhhhh.........another NME problem solved.......good work boys.........