Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM #85
Spartan 03
The Heretics

has been a member for 10 years
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshizzle847 View Post
Spartan, what kind of deals did they have on paint?
If you had an organized team practice, they would sell you All Stars for $60 case...and now that I think about it, that was the only paint special the Home Field Advantage got. I can't talk about the other paint deal for Platinum sponsored teams because 1) we weren't a Platinum Sponsored team so I would be going on what I heard and 2) talking about the details of sponsorships, even other peoples sponsorships, is taboo. That was only in 2007 anyway.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think we got $10 off a case for open play, too. No special discounts for scenarios, though. A mention to some of the Fox teams that are posting on this thread: Lets follow Ray's lead and be complementary toward CPX here. They are a very good field and a major player in the area, and they deserve our respect.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.

Last edited by Spartan 03 : 01-20-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Remembered the $10 off paint for open play.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2009, 08:19 PM #86
theshizzle847

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr1678 View Post
I really wish you knew what you were talking about and who you were trying to put in their place... Legalgunsrule deff has all the upper hand on you when it comes to every part of this industry. Besides Paul and Ray have told me personally that they bought the field off of Kee years ago and that JT, Brass Eagle, And View Loader are not a majority owner in CPX anymore. They both might have been blowing smoke, but they said it. As for paint between stores and fields. You can go to other fields, "FOX", and bring your own paint or buy a case for almost half the price as of CPX. Why is that? because they have a paved parking lot and bathrooms. "THE INVESTMENT" was made way before the current ownership did its hostile take over from Forest Brown. and besides my post a long time ago was very true about the paint. They used to sell white box for the same high price. $15-20 a case cost and sold it for $100. How is that not unethical and unlawfull? But hey, your the man . How can we argue with facts and personal knowlege? That would be silly of us.
I do know what i'm talking about. I think its you who doesnt know what he is talking about. Heres a little history lesson based on facts and common knowledge:

Challenge Park was opened with money raised by a venture capital firm called Charter Oaks and with money from Brass Eagle. Construction cost was supposed to be around $3 million, but it went way over budget and ended up costing over $7 million bucks. It got to be so much, they actually halted construction. Don't believe me? Next time u pull into the parking lot, look at the shape of the proshop and office there. it is literally half a building. Forrest Brown was fired by Lynn Scott, the ceo of brass eagle, in 2003. Ray was at the time General Manager and had been brought in to stop the hemmoraging of cash and had been there since 2001. Ray continued to be General Manager after Forrest left.

In 2004, Brass Eagle was bought out by K2. K2 owned several other sports equipment manufacturing companies and wanted to close Cpx cause it was not profitable and didnt fit the mold of their other companies. Ray worked out a deal with Brass eagle to lease the property from them and took over in 2004. The land was still owned by Brass Eagle and as part of the deal he was required to continue to purchase Brass Eagle paint (the white box). In 2006 Ray bought the whole park. Thats when the name changed to CPX Sports, cause it was a new business with a new owner. Other chganges included all new rental guns from Tippmann and the change in paint to a quality ball like marballizer. Again, all this couldnt be done until he owned the land. Kee never has had any ownership of cpx.

The size of the park is over 150 acres and costed millions of dollars, despite whatever you may think. Contrary to what you may think, it is not unethical to charge whatever you want for something regardless of what you pay for it. Do you know how much it costs to make a car or an ipod as opposed to what they sell it for? Its called capitalism. This is America remember. Do you know what the White Sox pay for a hot dog and what they sell it for at the Cell? They pay about $.05 and sell it for $5, is that illegal or unethical? They incorporate their cost of doing business into the hotdog and charge what they need to to keep the doors open and pay the players all the way down to the janitors. If they can sell a box of marbs for $90 and still have 600-700 people show up and pay it, they must have one hell of a product.

If you want to talk about what kind of guys the current ownership is, just ask Tim at Fox next time you see him. Ask him about how after a week straight of rain the week before TDIV this year, Ray at cpx called him and offered him the use of cpx free of charge if Fox was too flooded to play the game. Ask him what kind of guys they are at Cpx. If you don't want to, maybe I can forward hima link to this thread so he can read for himself what the kids on one of his sponsored teams is saying about his chicago paintball field collegues and we'll see how long your sponsorship lasts. Tim is a great guy, and if someone were on here bashing him or Fox, i'd be sticking up for him and his field too.

If you need any help with Draxxus, let me know. I'll give Pat over at procaps a call on his cell, or better yet maybe ronin or paul sattler - the owner of procaps. I'm sure they would love to see what one of their "sponsoered" teams are posting on the net these days. Or hey, maybe Ray at Planet Eclipse. Or Marc Lancia or just go straight to the top and email Jacko or Jules. I'm sure they are happy to have their good name appear at the bottom of the garbage you've been posting.

Last edited by theshizzle847 : 01-20-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: contruction cost chnage
theshizzle847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM #87
p8ntballr1678
Your a player?Im a killer

p8ntballr1678 plays in the PSP
p8ntballr1678 is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballr1678 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

If you don't want to, maybe I can forward him a link to this thread so he can read for himself what the kids on one of his sponsored teams is saying about his chicago paintball field collegues and we'll see how long your sponsorship lasts.

If you need any help with Draxxus, let me know. I'll give Pat over at procaps a call on his cell, or better yet maybe ronin or paul sattler - the owner of procaps. I'm sure they would love to see what one of their "sponsoered" teams are posting on the net these days. Or hey, maybe Ray at Planet Eclipse. Or Marc Lancia or just go straight to the top and email Jacko or Jules. I'm sure they are happy to have their good name appear at the bottom of the garbage you've been posting.

you totally didnt get the point of my post. I personally know Paul from CPX. Spent some time at the park sittin at a table shootin the shiz with him. I also personally know Tim from FOX. Thats not what I posted for. You were getin all over legalgunsrule and goin flame. He is an important person in the midwest paintball comunity. you guys need to use this forum to talk about CPX as a park not go postal about who you are. Nobody gives a crap. You also dont need to go throwin names around to look more knowlegable. We get it you know or knew people. Dont care, Its not cool to make threats. I know the sad history of Challenge and how it came to be today. Ray and paul might not ever get those old bones out of the closet. I get it but we all just need to get along. You dont know me, I dont know you, and you dont know legalgunsrule.....if you knew either of us you might have never posted. The same goes for me. I dont go to challenge anymore because they dont offer anything for what I want from paintball. The tourney complex is dead and so I dont want or need to pay crazy paint prices to play there. There are more fields that are willing to give the regular players a break on costs. i.e......BYOP

☆☆ . LSD PAINTBALL . ☆☆
Sponsored By :
CPX Sports....NINJA Air....RPS....Empire....RAZA....Hooters
Jason Towlie #42 / Chicago Legend #6 / Saucey #1 / Chicago Mafia #2 / LSD paintball #1
LIVIN.
p8ntballr1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:54 PM #88
p8ntballr1678
Your a player?Im a killer

p8ntballr1678 plays in the PSP
p8ntballr1678 is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballr1678 plays in the APPA D4 division
just squash the flamin
Im not mad at ya...

☆☆ . LSD PAINTBALL . ☆☆
Sponsored By :
CPX Sports....NINJA Air....RPS....Empire....RAZA....Hooters
Jason Towlie #42 / Chicago Legend #6 / Saucey #1 / Chicago Mafia #2 / LSD paintball #1
LIVIN.
p8ntballr1678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM #89
JohnKaznecki

Cpx is expansive, but its also fun, fun , fun.
I play badlandz, fox field but most of the time I go to Cpx just for the entertainment.
JohnKaznecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:40 PM #90
Proto57

Does anyone know when the 09 scenario schedual for CPX will be up?
Proto57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 PM #91
Grinder01
THE HERETICS ARE BACK

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto57 View Post
Does anyone know when the 09 scenario schedual for CPX will be up?
if my sources are accurate, CPX is dropping most of the yearly scenarios, just keeping the big-named Living Legends and Crostown Classic.

some team-organized games may spring up though.

PSP / NPPL REFEREE
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:28 PM #92
PYROMAN

Quote:
You cant compare what a store charges and what a field charges. Its like comparing a steak at Jewel and a steak at a restaurant. A store has very little overhead and a field, depending on its size and initial investment, have a much larger overhead (i.e. property tax, payroll tax, unemployment, insurance, maintenance, mortgage, contruction cost, etc). You cant even compare the two. your comparing apples to oranges.
I cant say I totally agree with that statement. Since CPX has their own store/proshop onsite, that combines the overhead that most fields have. For instance, Fox has an onsite Proshop at the field, along with a full size retail store at another location. Thats a HUGE overhead that is completely separate from the field.
About half the fields have separate stores while the other half just have Proshops at their fields, if any Proshop at all.
I understand what your trying to say, but try looking at it from all angles.
Out of all the fields out there, im sure CPX has one of the highest overheads of any of them. However, thats only because of the initial start up money that was invested into creating that field. I mean, look at how many times CPX has changed hands, changed investors, and changed sponsors in the few short years they have been open.
You give BADLANDZ, Fox PB, or any other field (Or me) millions to invest, then they too would have the huge overhead, on top of the daily struggle needed to cover costs. CPX took a huge risk, and it was going great for the first few years, but now its just a field with a Proshop. It takes more than that to cover the cost of running the business, let alone paying off the initial debt.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:29 PM #93
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Well, I must come to chime in. While I have not played at all the fields around the chicagoland area, I must defend them a bit. I have been in this industry for 14-15 years. I started out as a ref and worked my way up through the years managing and building stores and fields. CPX is like going to Disney. Is it going to cost more?? Yes. But then again, it is a 6.5 million dollar facility and the bills have to be played. Are you going to be able to play at other fields in the US that are similar? Not in any chance in hell unless you go to Hollywood Sports in LA. I know people have complained in the past about the paint, but you guys have to realize that Ray and Paul are good people and I think they have done a lot to change their field for the better. While putting together the Living Legends game with them, I have learned to love them more and more. They really do care about the players, but you have to realize that they have to pay the bills as well. Ray too a huge risk to take it over and keep it going and they are headed in a better direction every year. If you have specific problem, email them or even better, call them. They will listen and address your concerns as well. They are very easy to work with and are willing to change things to make it better for you guys, the players.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 PM #94
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports Team VICIOUS
Empyre09 supports Team VICIOUS
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Sean is exactly right. And even if you have questions or comments about some minor things, we that are employed there may be able to help.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM #95
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Wow... Living Legends is my game. I chose to do it at CPX because how great they have been to work with. And who is your friend here?

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 PM #96
legalgunsrule
Former owner of Coop

legalgunsrule supports Ninja Paintball
pm'd ya
Aurora IL 60505

legalgunsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:37 PM #97
VeS206

VeS206 is playing at Living Legends VII
VeS206 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Anyone play here on the weekends? Im looking at going tomorrow. I wanna play and test out my new gun. Just dont wanna go to find out nobodys home. Hehe!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:42 PM #98
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
Winter is slow for any outdoor field in Illinois, so good luck with that.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:55 PM #99
EVIL MINI0N
BIG D

superbowl anyone prob not going to have a lot of ppl playing
EVIL MINI0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:15 PM #100
helloproto12
Rimkus

helloproto12 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
helloproto12 is playing at Living Legends III
helloproto12 plays in the APPA D3 division
i'm going tomorrow w/ like a group of 5
helloproto12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 PM #101
beenbannedb4?

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2744287&page=3

There is a member in my forum claiming to be associated with your company challange park. His name is "CPX". Is he legit, is he with you?
beenbannedb4? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:28 PM #102
Paul@CPX

Paul@CPX is an Ultimate field/store owner
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends V
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VI
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VII
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VIII
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2744287&page=3

There is a member in my forum claiming to be associated with your company challange park. His name is "CPX". Is he legit, is he with you?
Yes it's me. I created a new general CPX account to make posts from the park as a business and organization rather than using this personal account. But to answer your question, it is legit. Now let's see what we can do to help all you guys out this year!
Paul@CPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:19 PM #103
legalgunsrule
Former owner of Coop

any word on when bedlam is gonna be open?
Aurora IL 60505

Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM #104
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalgunsrule View Post
any word on when bedlam is gonna be open?
WOW, such a nice comment from an Ex Employee. I had to bite my tongue on posting my comment, LOL.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:00 PM #105
legalgunsrule
Former owner of Coop

oh ray what are we gonna do with you?
Aurora IL 60505

ReplyRegional Ups