PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 PM #22
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
One time we were playing at my local field when this man shows up with his whole darn family, including wife, 2 sons, and a daughter. All but the wife (she wasnt playing) in matching dye gear, even though one of the sons and the daughter didn't even play. The refs had apparently seen him before bc I heard one of them say, "oh boy, here we go again." He comes in, sets his gun on ramping even though there is a rule against on Saturdays (they let it slide at first bc it was mostly experienced players, but after he over shot on 1 of us pretty bad they made him turn it off). I didn't mind him too much at first, even though he did overshoot a little bit (one or two extra to make sure it broke) but then, we were out in the woods and I managed to get him in once in the left side of the goggles, while my friend was on his right side. As he was started to raise his hand, my friend shoots once in the pack, once in the butt, on the right side, BC he can't see that I've already hit him and the guy hasn't raised his hand yet. He proceeds to scream at us for getting two extra, when he'd been giving 1-3 extra ALL DAY!!!! (the time he got in trouble he gave, I think 5 extra). And that's in the end of my novella sized rant.
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM #23
Mrob1995
Day Man (Ah-Ah-AHHH)

Mrob1995 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mrob1995 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mrob1995 supports DLX Technology
I got yelled at by a ref for "ramping close to 20 bps" while my gun was on semi auto and my last bps was at 12
Mrob1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:18 PM #24
WFOChevrolet30

Worst one I've had so far is a ref calling me out for croosing the 50 yard line even though we wernt told we had a move up limit befor the match then proceading to let the other team move to our 30
WFOChevrolet30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM #25
Undertow_2008
Murdertron For Life

Undertow_2008 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Undertow_2008 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOChevrolet30 View Post
Worst one I've had so far is a ref calling me out for croosing the 50 yard line even though we wernt told we had a move up limit befor the match then proceading to let the other team move to our 30
That doesn't even make sense.... What were you playing where there's a "move up" limit
Ransom #8

Killing for Murdertron
Undertow_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 PM #26
Coocamanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok~sabre View Post
We were playing a woodsball game and a guy came through the brush in front of me yelling, "surrender!" Well, he tripped over the brush and he was in front of me so I shot him (from about 6ft away, 3 times) and then continued to play the game. He didn't appriciate being shot so he grabbed me and started yelling that I was out cause he used the surrender rule. I never said a word back to him or reacted violently, like I really wanted to. A ref came over called us both out and then we got a talk from the owner.
I disagree with you, this is a surrender rule that should be taken very seriously.

it is considered curtious to surrender some one rather than being a douche and shooting you 5-10 times in the back. as a ref i would of taken you out as well.
Coocamanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:48 PM #27
Nahib_Stilgar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coocamanga View Post
I disagree with you, this is a surrender rule that should be taken very seriously.

it is considered curtious to surrender some one rather than being a douche and shooting you 5-10 times in the back. as a ref i would of taken you out as well.
The way I see a surrender working the guy has to have you dead to rights. As in, NO possible way of missing.

If this guy tripped and could not maintain his aim on the guy in question...then its not really a surrender.

That being said, Surrender IS a curtiousy, and should be enforced with younger and less experienced players.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM #28
Kanas

Last thing I got yelled at for was for telling kids to stop shooting their team mates. The ref said it wasn't my job and I agreed, he didn't step in again so I continued to yell, eventually the ref said I was done for the day, thank god they know me there. That was the refs first and last day =)
Kanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM #29
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
At a practice, my field was headed in for air and I was just on my way out, so I jumped on as a spare for a team that had a pod holder behind the dead box. I only had my 3 pods, so when I ran out after our 4th scrim game, my team mate (Who was watching at this point) threw me a pod because I ran out after the break. I thought nothing of it until a dad on the other team tried fighting me over it. Said I should "Play like I'm in a tournament."
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 PM #30
ok~sabre

ok~sabre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coocamanga View Post

So, you would take me out for not taking a surrender rule; even though I have the option not to surrender? That makes perfect sense. To my understanding and the way it was explained, is that the person that has the surrender option offered has the right to either accept or be shot. The fact is, that I didn't think a guy tripping through the brush, could shoot me before I shot him and I was right.

OK D-Day
4th ID
Uniform Company Co.
ok~sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 PM #31
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
getting lost when walking off a huge woodsball field i had my hand up and the guy shot me like 5 extra times when i was lost a the guy spazed at me after
Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 AM #32
Cheeyahboii

Getting yelled to surrender when I can't hear them over the sound of his friends screaming cause they were freaking out.
Cheeyahboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 AM #33
DeadeyeDante
No Running Mama Dog..

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VIII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends IX
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Getting yelled at for "bunkering" some rental players during a rec-ball game, when I was running from cover to cover, taking shots at some people standing i nthe open and just firing like maniacs.

Also got yelled at for having a "electronic gear" when using a X7 LP on my Rip Clip, on my BT Delta...so dumb...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 PM #34
R2K

R2K has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadeyeDante View Post
Also got yelled at for having a "electronic gear" when using a X7 LP on my Rip Clip, on my BT Delta...so dumb...
the walk-ons at my local field are usually seperated from the electro hoppers as well.
R2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM #35
d3m0n818
Big Hoss

d3m0n818 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
d3m0n818 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
"move up limit" ??? Uh, I'll call BS. playing in your backyard with your dad reffing does not count, at all..

Last edited by d3m0n818 : 03-29-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: typo
d3m0n818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM #36
WFOChevrolet30

To the move up limit questions we were playing indore elimination rules which as a stated befor the match nobody said their was a move uplimit until the match already started
Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM #37
WFOChevrolet30

It was just a open game at paintball plex and yes if their are what they deam to be tomany people ect they instate a move up limit
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 PM #38
Morfish

i almost knocked the Porty-potty over because i have a huge penis, I couldn't help it!
Morfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 PM #39
gwhetzler
Bazinga!

has been a member for 10 years
Ahh my fav happened this weekend. I was playing pump for the first time (woodsball) and there are a couple of kids out there that play with mini's on max ramp (real nice for woodsball huh) any who one of the Ramping kids is always over shooting kids with rentals, just the standard BS douche. Well I made it a point to keep on him all game with a pump. You know to hurt his pride and all.

Well I saw him come running at me like he was gonna bunker me so I lined up the shot and as soon as he rounded the corner I goged him. After that I stood up (from kneeling) and took a couple of steps to the next spot and he shot me in the knee point blank while walking off the field. I then got pissed (after dealing with his BS for over 6 months now) and told him that he was out first and was "dead" when he shot so he should **** off. He then proceeds to start screaming at the top of his lungs that I was a cheater and trying to get everyones attention. He lost that battle as I fix the fields rental guns and everyone cant stand that kid.

Sadly this isnt the first time, we have had problems with him bonus balling the rentals, I will bunker him (speedball) on his blind side and he will spin and dump 15+ balls at me, etc. Just one of those kids you want to slap their parents. Everytime I get a chance I try to bonus ball the **** out of this kid (he is everything that wrong with the sport/game)
gwhetzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:38 PM #40
DeadeyeDante
No Running Mama Dog..

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VIII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends IX
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2K View Post
the walk-ons at my local field are usually seperated from the electro hoppers as well.
Lemme correct myself,

I got yelled at for having an "electronic gun" when I had the BT Delta with a Rip Clip upgrade. I have seen other Mech Cockers walk on with electronic hoppers before (for feed consistency, not any sort of speed), and they have never gotten yelled at. However as soon as I walk in with my mech BT Delta (A BT-4 with a MP5 Body Kit on it), I got told off? It was BS.