Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM #1
veener79
eNVee

veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
veener79 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Question Target practice with my marker

This coming weekend I am going to be getting out to my folks that have a large piece of property. Have a good 20+ acres to play with. I have only gone through a few cases on my Etek 4 during games. I have some basic training paint that I want to work with this coming weekend.

I want to work with the marker and get down the range and accuracy. I am thinking of a marker like how I do practice with my Bow or Shotgun. I do deer hunting also. That is setting up targets at set distances and seeing how my marker reacts for those ranges.

I also want to work on my firing and see if I can improve on that. When trying to learn your marker is there something else I should be doing?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 PM #2
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spend some time adjusting the trigger, especially if you play on SEMI.
Adjust the traveling distances and tension to how you like it and can walk the trigger with little to no effort.
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 PM #3
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Try running with your rig on, then stopping to fire very quickly after you've done some stationary shooting. It'll help you learn how to fire not only when you're relaxed, but when your adrenaline is going as well.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 PM #4
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Keep to note that your targets are a bit craftier than deer. They don't just run back, but side to side as well, so you should practice by setting up targets on sides of obstacles and in sequence; you would then assumedly set up some sort of "route" as to what order you have to shoot the targets in.

Shovels and those cylindrical cones (oh the irony) should work really well as the smaller the target, the quicker you'll improve and the easier it will be to shoot them ingame.

I mean, yeah, a head's wider than a handle, but what if they're only peeking out and not flat out running and screaming at you?

Existential questions.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 AM #5
veener79
eNVee

Thanks. Some things I did not think of. I think there are some cones in the barn used for the horses.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 AM #6
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if you could run some drills do it. snap shoot at a target make sure you stay tight and practice run and gun and make sure your gun is not bouncing all over the place keep it steady
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 PM #7
ras_hatak

ras_hatak is BST Trusted
ras_hatak owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ras_hatak has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ras_hatak has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ras_hatak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If you can get a friend out there with you, snap shooting drills are great and you can also practice generally gun fighting. Another cool thing would be to learn to dive properly (without smashing your face into your tank). It's a great skill to have, especially if you want to get behind a snake fast, but many people are not good at it, or don't do it safely.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM #8
veener79
eNVee

Thanks again. This week I found out about a reball place about 10min from work that has Friday specials. No paint costs. Going there to try and practice too.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 PM #9
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

has been a member for 10 years
good drill to try is to set up a target about 20-30ft away, since thats typically about how far your shooting at someone. start in the breakout position like when you have your barrel to the dead box, and take off running to either side (like during a breakout) and try to hit the target, dont lane at it, take just a few shots during the run, like 4-5. dont just fire away like your laning. youll be suprised how far off youll be, trust me lol. this will help you get a feel for the gun and where your actually pointing. the reason i say take single shots while running is 1: it saves paint, and 2: if your laning youll just naturally try to walk your shots closer to the target. the idea is to try to get as close as you can to hitting it the first time.

also, ive always told people that go hunting to think pf aiming a pb marker sort of like a bow. try to keep the back of your gun lined up with your nose, and sight down along the barrel, sort of like how you would an arrow. this helps keep you from sticking your gun too far out to the side too.

fyi: dont bother trying to aim like a real gun. bullets and paintballs behave nothing alike, things like scopes and sights and such just dont really apply to paintball.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 AM #10
veener79
eNVee

Thank you for your help on this. Yesterday went out and got through about 1,500 balls. Found out that when switching shoulders I need to work on my eyes better. I am right handed by left eye dominant. When I go back to my right arm I have think about going back to my right eye.

Since I was practicing Bow yesterday also I did find out that holding the marker up higher did help me a lot in shooting.

Did practice at moving sideways and shooting. Best I could do is a fast walk/slow jog and still hit near my target.

Backyard after practice. I used over a dozen trees because I found some nice ones where they where hidden behind another tree or had some nice knots in them for target.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM #11
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
 is playing at Living Legends XI
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Trees make perfect targets. I practice snap shooting one handed water bottles on a sick. 3 shot bursts.

I shoot distances of 20, 40, 50, 60, 80, and 100 feet. Distances of 60' and further are more affected by wind and paint quality.

I think muscle memory is important to shooting your marker.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote