Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-25-2011, 09:38 PM #1
sl1980able

I Enjoy My Envy!!

Crazy I know I am going to say it. I just purchased got a smoking deal on it. Played once with it and loved it. Ran it stock, only with a guerilla 48/3000,(reg on tank is well matched for the gun 800~850psi) as per Envy manual. and a Valken VMAX. No chops/no ball breaks in gun/barrel/hopper. I ran almost and entire case through it! Paint could have been way better. It did however give me an excellent base line for data. Couldn't say that for my pricy automag back in the day that was a choppin paint SOB. However it is compacted version way better. So here is what is on the table.

I do not have a blackheart board (will probably be the last mod). Not that I am skeptical but to master the stock board settings will probably make/force someone to play better and concentrate on shot placement instead of spraying paint. The longer it takes for you to engage the more chance of some one getting you. A quick well placed snap shot (3 for 4 shot burst) should put anyone out of the game.

So with that being said I will do the following hammerhead 14"mofo gold lmtd edt, 360 SP QEV, TECHT bolt. I think after these mods/ getting use to these new mods then it would be time to get the blackheart board. I could see these being the biggest benefits. Like I said I really do like the functions of the blackheart just need to research more. All parts on the way.

If I run into problems I may change it to stock has anyone running this or similar setup( bolt,qev,barrel)

Remember no blackheart so should these mod work well with the stockboard??

I feel like a noob again so don't bash me to hard
sl1980able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2011, 11:52 PM #2
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

has been a member for 10 years
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Zepulkinator supports Ninja Paintball
I thought the blackheart board came with a SP 360 QEV? When I ordered one for my Vibe, they did (In January).

Glad you like the marker. That always makes you feel good when you actually like the gun you just bought (although I guess some do get lemons).

The Techt will make your marker shoot with absolutely no kick at all. The only kick with that bolt is the ball propelling out of the barrel.

If you want something with the ball flight the same as a mag, try a mini or axe. They're eerily similar.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:41 PM #3
sl1980able

Do you think I'll have issues though since I don't have a blackheart board. Seeing how you really can't change the dwell(HPA/CO2) with the stock board or am I wrong. Like I said thank you for the info all is good knowledge. let me know since you have had one for awhile. Or mods done to it, I'm going to get a better HPA system at a later date. Just wanted to get something that will work(HPA is a one time fee for me.) I haven't drained it on the field so I think if I can get as roughly as much air for the paint I carry I won't sweat. I think all of these mods will help the marker more efficient.(just alot of trips to the filling station good exercise.)

I was hearing with the TechT bolt when installed first will shoot hot so their will need to be adjustments at the chrono. What fps setting did you see the optimal performance out of the marker( the envy I think was roughly shooting around 275~285 with in chrono field limit. I was also told this fps range(even a little lower) was good for the hammerhead barrel. I know $232 for a limited edition mofo gold(brass carbon fiber one) w/5 fins case/ball sizer may seem crazy to spend. I think it will be a good setup. I am building a really sweet marker stand(im not talking erector set pvc crap my opinion (maybe extras) and hopper/tank case/for the envy ill hopefully take pics later.

If I get on this team I will probably invest some more into it. I think it's all in the setup really. I kind of like my all murdered out(all black) gun. Anodizing is cool and different gun bodies. But there is a lot of gimmicy crap out there these days that seem to me will cause more problems than worth... Although I did have all the smart parts splash blue anodized pieces on the mag. Ill see if I can get some pics of it( too bad it got stolen)
Old 10-26-2011, 04:43 PM #4
sl1980able

Opps Ill keep you posted on how everything turns out on the 6th
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 AM #5
Dedloc
That One Guy

Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dedloc is Boss
No bashing goes on here. Us Vibe/eNVy owners look out for our own. That seems like a great setup. You shouldn't have any issues not having the blackheart board. I run a stock board as well and see no reason to upgrade. The low-force bolt doesn't chop so no reason for eyes. My only mods are simple ones like a new lighter, more accurate barrel, my center twist on/off asa, and macroline setup. The bolt is the SP Firebolt and i use the stock reg because it is amazingly consistent.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:46 PM #6
sl1980able

that's awesome man exact stuff i am doing(almost). I agree with all your saying ! I am so excited to shoot this thing again. hopefully alittle this weekend gotta be going into this try out with no issues last thing I want to think about while playing. Gonna use some good paint this time too and right size fin.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:37 PM #7
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Yo, look into the Dealdywind Hollow Point u3 bolt kit. I have the TechT L7v2 and the DW HP kit.

the DW HP bolt kit absolutely blows the TechT kit out of the water, and it's also much less maintenance, especially if you can Xring that bolt Oring.

Mind you, with EVERY upgrade on ANY marker, once installed, the marker must be properly re-tuned to function with that item properly, that's how you take advantage of the gains the upgrade has to offer. So in the bolt's case, you would have to drop the dwell and pressure. I believe you can drop the dwell to 1/2 of what it is with the Deadlwyind bolt kit IIRC, and then with a QEV and the DW bolt, you can have it run at a dwell of something like 18 or 19.

Mind you, get a Clippard/NDZ QEV. The SP 360 is decent, but it is quite dinky and not so reliable. The Clippard QEV also vents MUCH faster and is much higher flowing as well.

Other than that, the eNVy is an awesome gun, glad you like it!

Last edited by YeloSno : 10-30-2011 at 11:39 PM.
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 AM #8
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Well put Ben.

I'll have to try out the DW bolt. I thought it was modeled off the Geo's bolt system? I never thought that Geos shot that great. But, I can agree that a Geo shoots better than a Vibe/Envy with the stock bolt.

Also, the Techt one uses weird sized o-rings.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:55 PM #9
sl1980able

Thanks man for that info, just picked up the TechT L7 I'm gonna run that for awhile. What about for stock board?( I don't have a blackheart board yet) I know there is only 2 settings(co2/hpa) or can I adjust it? It's in HPA. I guess just wouldn't mean best air efficiency. I guess same question goes for the QEV. I assume the longer its open then it uses more air(dwell)?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 PM #10
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Yup, you can lower the pressure a little. But ya, you're efficiency will still be ****.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:13 PM #11
sl1980able

No worries. what the heck might as well just by a blackheart board and be done with it. Where did you get this clippard ndz QEV? Did you need to get the new hose lengths/ pics/install? I did see one on Air Soldiers Products for the ION with a macro fitting(QD) says no modifiying. Then I also heard that the blackheart comes with the 360 QEV? This stuff confuses me! Hate to be a pain in the rear.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:12 PM #12
sl1980able

Got a blackheart should be here tomorrow that should solve everything. Since its an Envy it doesn't require the breach swap( saved $30) and if it comes with a 360 QEV then I saved another $25 bucks. Bought the board through ANSGear. Hammerhead MoFo Ltd Ed should be here in a few days. And stand is almost complete.Recieved my TechT bolt and it came with detents they say ION on them. So all around happy shopper. Now to get out to the field to check it all out. Let you guys know how everything performed.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:12 AM #13
Dedloc
That One Guy

Dedloc is Boss
Anxious to hear updates on this. You have talked it up so much, so now let us see this masterpiece lol. Also, make sure you switch the settings to HPA (silly to say, i know, but you would be surprised how many people forget).
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 PM #14
sl1980able

Well just waiting on my barrel now to take a few pics when it shows up. Just installed my 360 SP QEV. Anixiously waiting on this barrel. Still working on the stand. Might even make grips at work. Blackheart installed and techt bolt installed all seems to be working correctly I have about 2000 Psi in the tank/plenty of paint APX AGRO(pretty brittle) and Valken Infinity(not as brittle). Mostly all round. Probably wait till I buy a hand held chrono to tune stuff with/consistency/dwell settings ROF caps. Just dry fired a few shots/shot a few balls into a make shift target in my garage. No hissing or leaks all quiet. So alittle longer.

Here are my settings base line
semi capped 12.5 no ramping
vision on classic
dwell 17ms
fsdo off
vision eyes (envy)
Old 12-10-2011, 12:59 PM #15
sl1980able

let see here Almost finished with the Carbon Fiber stand just have to gloss clear it. I bought upgraded Virtue Eyes, Virtue crown speed feed for the Valken Vmax works awesome would recommend for anyone running a VMAX. Installed Techt Fly on Detents. Waiting to get CP GEN3 Reg,gauge port adapter with 0-180 gauge, Bob Long on off asa, and trinity feed neck. Haven't shot it yet with the new stuff. Still trying to get a Guerilla Air 48/4500 myth g2 setup with HP spring. So just waiting for a bit longer
Old 12-12-2011, 01:23 AM #16
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
why did you buy virtue eyes? The blackheart comes with blue laser eyes. So that seems like a waste of money, unless you really want a different color than blue laser eyes.

I've use a forcefed hopper on my Vibe with spring detents, no problems there.

I LOVE the stock reg, it's so consistent and it has the rubber piece which I love. So again, seems like a bit of a waste (I guess if you wanna know the pressure, but you could have just built a pressure tester).

Which Bob Long on/off? I'm a really big fan of his Cam Drive on/off. Geardrive one is nice too, but it's said to cut o-rings from time to time.

I recently cracked my feedneck...again. So if you aren't gonna use the old stock one, PM me and I'll take it off your hands

I have a GA tank and Myth2 reg. They're really nice in terms of being able to switch the gauge/fill nipper direction. But you don't need to put the HP spring in there if you're using the tank/reg on just the Vibe/Envy. It'll actually function better at the stock 650psi that myth2 reg outputs. The lower the pressure (well 450psi should probably be the lowest you should go) the better with these guns.

Last edited by Zepulkinator : 12-12-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Zepulkinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM #17
sl1980able

Thanks for the info. Don't get techt detents( i think they suck where chopping almost every ball(could be me).(also the stock and virtue eyes were not reading a ball in the breech.(seems to not hold it there in place.) Put the stock detents back in and all shot perfect. Cool I hope to be picking up the myth G2 soon.( I am sure it will feel better than the 48/3000 myth ) Cool i think I will run the stock setup(reg/on/off). I think the chrono at the field needs recalibrating. It seems really inconsistent. I got the virtue eyes in green( kind of to match and have the stock ones as a back up along with a new harness I think I pinched the wires first time I installed. I know they are cheap (harness )for the eyes so I may have to stock up. ( I wrapped mine with a piece of electrical tape.) What do I need to build or where to get a pressure tester.
So the gear drive cuts o-rings?? Maybe I'll run the stock or wanted one from an GOG EXTCY. I still have the stock feed neck /wanted to try a Trinity feed neck.(not sure if its a lower height, liked the idea of a clamping feed neck made from aluminum.) Oh I absolutely love the hammerhead barrel so far. I still really haven't been able to really (tune it to the FPS) it runs at best. Due to what I think is a not calibrated chrono(at the field). But I have been shooting it quite a bit unfortunately no chrono(i want to get my own). As for accuracy I can fairly consistently hit a note card from 25 yrds.With little effort or correction almost just aim and shoot looking down the barrel 1st to 2nd shot with pretty good grouping. (might be better if i had a chrono.) Maybe when I get this stuff together maybe a you tube vid some how.

Thanks for the advice. I don't mind spending money I just hate wasting it.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:56 PM #18
sl1980able

I think overall what I have right know is a nice setup. So once again I enjoy my envy. Gonna play my first tournament with it so hopefully all goes well. Ill report after sunday with how the gun did.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 PM #19
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator is Boss
Hmmm, the tect detents shouldn't make you chop like that. I'd call Techt about it. The NDZ ones in mine do look a little more round:
See:

The myth2 will only make your tank adjustable via that reg, I'm assuming your talking about getting a new tank as well?

You got a blackheart board, and the eyes didn't work or did you just want them to be green instead of blue? It's ok if you "pinch" them and make them flat, but if you can see the actual wire, then they're might be a problem.

To build a pressure tester, you need an ASA, and a gauge. Screw the gauge into the asa and then screw your regulator into the ASA. Air up the gun and look at the gauge. That's what your pressure is at.

I've heard that they do, I had one and it worked great, and I had one that cut o-rings and leaked a little.

The trinity feedneck is cool if your sick of adjusting the stock one with an allen key. But for stock one will hold onto the hoppers just as good as the trinity.

Haha I doubt your field chrono is off. Try using really good paint, if you don't use good paint and size it right (try underboring a little). Like if the paint is .684, use a .682 bore sizer on the kit.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:07 PM #20
sl1980able

sweet dude thanks again. Shot it today no problems what so ever, got it in psp ramping 12.5 for tourney, delayed vision, fsdo 5ms, dwell at 17ms .690 shooting valken infinity for practice, no chops, no breaks, also running fresh paintball energy 9v in the VMAX,and Envy. Ill keep an eye on things hopefully this baby will rip. I don't see why it shouldn't. Ill be using good paint tomorrow for the tourney. Now to stay alive.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 AM #21
Dedloc
That One Guy

Dedloc is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1980able View Post
sweet dude thanks again. Shot it today no problems what so ever, got it in psp ramping 12.5 for tourney, delayed vision, fsdo 5ms, dwell at 17ms .690 shooting valken infinity for practice, no chops, no breaks, also running fresh paintball energy 9v in the VMAX,and Envy. Ill keep an eye on things hopefully this baby will rip. I don't see why it shouldn't. Ill be using good paint tomorrow for the tourney. Now to stay alive.
Still waiting to see this almighty marker lol. speaking of which, i need to take some actual pics of mine with a good camera when i get home to post.