PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-20-2008, 09:28 PM #1
Da Bears

need prize ideas

We need to know what would be good prizes for a paintball tourney. Prizes that you would be willing to travel for.
for a series tourney and the individual tourney prizes
Da Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2008, 09:53 PM #2
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

has been a member for 10 years
tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
ummm maybe 3-5 pmr's/slg's/mini's depending on if it's 3 or 5 man
and maybe a new airball field for series prize

idk......might be alittle much
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 PM #3
sramsey1

wow thats a good question considering ther is a series in arkansas that offers

Season Winner -$1250 cash
5 Redz Jerseys ($200.00 value)
5 Redz Pants ($325.00 value)
5 Redz Gloves ($125.00 value)
5 Redz Headbands ($35.00 value)
5 Redz Backpacks $150.00 value)
5 Redz T-shirts ($50.00 value)
5 Redz Hats ($50.00 value)
5 Redz Squeegies ($60.00 value)
5 Redz Large Gear Bags ($550.00 value)
Total Potential Earnings: $3750.00 cash plus Redz Gear ($1545.00) for a total of $5295.00 up for grabs. All prizes are guaranteed.

but they can only get 3 teams to show up. gas prizes are riseing so idk what you can do about that but guns ,gear, money talks,
sramsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:59 PM #4
Da Bears

would you go if you got the next psp entry payed for and if you dont want that you can have the money instead of the entry?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:54 PM #5
plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Bears View Post
would you go if you got the next psp entry payed for and if you dont want that you can have the money instead of the entry?
The Torque series already offers enough in cash/prizes to EASILY pay for 1-2 PSP events, compounded by the fact that it is ran by PSP-trained/certified ref's, on an authentic PSP field, and, finally, on a manicured field.

There is NO chance of any tournament series aimed at serious players that will beat out the "Torque PSP 5-man" (in Arkansas, that is).
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 AM #6
okie_hotrod
Revelation

they just need teams to show up to play (hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink)
Ironmen Fan Club #47
OLD FEEDBACK
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2145478
25+/0- Total
okie_hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 AM #7
Da Bears

well this would be in missouri and its alot more like a practice for the upcoming psp event. with an insentive to come. it would make teams bring there best players to practice against guys that are fixing to go to the same tourney. it would give teams a chance to get to know eachother and stuff like that
Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 AM #8
Da Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic View Post
The Torque series already offers enough in cash/prizes to EASILY pay for 1-2 PSP events, compounded by the fact that it is ran by PSP-trained/certified ref's, on an authentic PSP field, and, finally, on a manicured field.

There is NO chance of any tournament series aimed at serious players that will beat out the "Torque PSP 5-man" (in Arkansas, that is).
yea but thats season ending prizes we are talking bout every event. that the psp entry would be payed for. im sorry i wouldnt go to an event pay 300 dollars to enter and have the chance at 500 its pointless
Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM #9
sramsey1

Quote:
that sound like a temping off actualy. keep working on lines about that size. like i said money talks you know guys that win usualy have the good guns already they get new guns then eather sell or trade and sell for more guns and money. MONEY TALKS!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:47 AM #10
sramsey1

Quote:
well this would be in missouri and its alot more like a practice for the upcoming psp event. with an insentive to come. it would make teams bring there best players to practice against guys that are fixing to go to the same tourney. it would give teams a chance to get to know eachother and stuff like that
he makes scence losing to teams that are better than you helsp you learn the field better and giving practice in a tourneyment mode will help game play .
Old 04-21-2008, 12:00 PM #11
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Keiser Sosei is a Supporting Member
Quote:
yea but thats season ending prizes we are talking bout every event. that the psp entry would be payed for. im sorry i wouldnt go to an event pay 300 dollars to enter and have the chance at 500 its pointless
Yet you go to PSP? Name a tournament that actually gives you something worth going for compared to the cost to play it?
Keiser Sosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 PM #12
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Where in Missouri will this take place?
Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 PM #13
sramsey1

we dont play paintball to make a profit we play paintball to play for free.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:55 PM #14
Da Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser Sosei View Post
Yet you go to PSP? Name a tournament that actually gives you something worth going for compared to the cost to play it?
psp is not like reg tourneys. it is to see how good you are compaired to teams across the nation. it would be all around im not for sure but i know one of them will be 20 mins west of springfield
Old 04-22-2008, 10:17 AM #15
Torque
AKA Forever

Torque is a Supporting Member
Quote:
psp is not like reg tourneys. it is to see how good you are compaired to teams across the nation. it would be all around im not for sure but i know one of them will be 20 mins west of springfield
I think you could say the same thing about any tournament. They are all to see how good you are against other teams in the area. It lets you know if your team is ready to move up the ladder. We could have made the per event prizes better, but we felt the team who performed with the most consistency across a season deserved the most. Their prize winnings aren't fluke, they weren't because of a one time performance. Plus they will be doing it while being reffed well, on a great field, and having a great tournament experience. Those things are very unusual for a local tournament series.

FEEDBACK THREAD
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 AM #16
plastic

Quote:
For a local event, $500 + Torque Loaders + a stab at a HUGE series prize (for the the area, anyway)... Still, not going to beat it.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:26 AM #17
sramsey1

I think eveyone is tring to say arkansas paintball sucks and it's gonna be hard to get teams to come no matter what the prizes are!! sorry facts of life! (great show)
Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM #18
Keiser Sosei
Smash Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramsey1 View Post
I think eveyone is tring to say arkansas paintball sucks and it's gonna be hard to get teams to come no matter what the prizes are!! sorry facts of life! (great show)
How did you come up with that from what people have posted in this thread?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:06 PM #19
sramsey1

Old 04-22-2008, 03:14 PM #20
Da Bears

i think the funniest thing about all this is that trophy tourneys bring the most players.
but im not thinking ark. tourneys suck. im trying to find out what would make you travel to a tourney to play. cause i will tell you are tourneys up here aint any better.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 PM #21
plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramsey1 View Post
I definitely disagree. I feel the Torque series is not garnishing the number of teams it could due to promotion, not quality of event or players.
ReplyRegional Ups