PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2011, 10:44 PM #1
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

griffan2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Talking tournament practice schedule.

Over the past few months I have been approached by any number of players wanting to "get more practice in." If you guys know me at all, you know that I will do anything to get better and that i want to see everyone around me become more comfortable with the sport and more confident in their skills. unfortunately there is only one way to do this, but luckily for us all, that one thing is within reach! I am talking of course about practice. last weekend a small group of players and myself scheduled a day at the field to get some good practice in for the tournament this coming weekend. I think it went very well and i know that the local players who showed up want to do more of it.

Once long ago in a place not far from our current location, there was a group of about 10 to 15 guys who showed up at there local field every Sunday for practice. it wasn't super intense, it wasn't scheduled, hell, it wasn't even organized. But it got results. for one thing it made Sunday the day to show up, it got allot of people who were interested in tournament paintball jump in rather than watch from the other fields because the teams were even. and it helped get myself and others allot better at the sport.

Knowing the small pool of players who want to practice more in the area, i think that making one or two Sundays out of every month "tournament practice day" would be a great thing to start up and help the beginner/intermediate class players ALOT.

so far the ones who show up are mostly local and for the most part they show up on different days so they hardly get any real practice in because there the only ones at the field. every once in a while a group from Yakima shows up to play but on only select few occasions have the two groups been at the field at the same time.

Harley and myself are always at the field and if we aren't working were practicing and I know that we would both love to see more players out there on a more regular schedule. soooooo....? who would be interested in making one or two Sundays out of the month devoted to tournament practice? it would make it alot easier to get practice in if everyone agreed on a schedule and im sure we could get a good group of guys from all over the area to show up if we had a good turnout in the beginning. but what if its to expensive to pay for field fee all the time? buy a membership that covers you for a full year. its not that expensive if you look at it from a long term perspective and you can pay monthly if you cant fork up the cash all at once.

please reply if you have any ideas or if you'd like to see this happen. i know that very soon Punishment will be at the field practicing with 4 or 5 guys allot more often, hopefully more will follow. eclipse who recently made the bump to intermediate (because they practiced) is starting to show up more often. that makes two teams who are already going to be out there so why not get more and make this beneficial to everyone?

on another note. eclipse will be at the field this Saturday and Harley and myself will be there as well (i have the weekend off) so SHOW UP.

New 1 piece Dual-bored barrels out now from Parabolic!
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2011, 12:42 PM #2
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
idontknow2007 supports Ninja Paintball

Well said.

Also on a side note, team Punishment is looking to expand our roster. We are currnetly looking for intermediate and begginer players who are dedicated and willing to make the commitment to the team as well as our sponsors. You dont have to be good at paintball to make the team, you only need the dedication to learn. Punishment has a combined paintball experience of over 30 years, our core players are more than willing to teach anyone that wants to learn. So, come out, play, practice, learn...
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 PM #3
Carson19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow2007 View Post
Well said.

Also on a side note, team Punishment is looking to expand our roster. We are currnetly looking for intermediate and begginer players who are dedicated and willing to make the commitment to the team as well as our sponsors. You dont have to be good at paintball to make the team, you only need the dedication to learn. Punishment has a combined paintball experience of over 30 years, our core players are more than willing to teach anyone that wants to learn. So, come out, play, practice, learn...
According to Griffan "Harley is 50 years old" So team Punishment has over 80 years of experience!
Carson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 PM #4
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Yeah. If he can do it anyone can!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:45 PM #5
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

and i can still out run and gun all of you...
Old 07-22-2011, 04:27 PM #6
Carson19

Quote:
I'm just quoting Griffan...... ; )
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM #7
Tyl3r11
Finale

Quote:
ITS ON!!

Old Feedback
Tyl3r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM #8
Carson19

Quote:
Define the term "Gun".

Are we refering to paintball gun or my MK18?

I'm surgical with my MK18 and it shoots through bunkers! ; )

Paintball gun....... I haven't touched one in 4 years......
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 PM #9
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

should have came out on sunday...i had half the field set up for some intense drills and practice. looked like an armed forces training course...covered everything from superman slides to snaps to run and gun...anytime any of you want to join me i will have it set up and we can spend a day making improvements to individual and team skills.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:31 PM #10
Tyl3r11
Finale

I'll be returning from this deployment shortly but as soon as I get some leave i will be there harley. we can have a reunion! maybe we can even get ryan greenspan to come out lol. is your team planning on playing any regional or national tournaments?

Old Feedback
Tyl3r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:36 PM #11
Carson19

Sounds good! I need all the help I can get! Get Ryan, Harley, Chava, Tyler and I and we've got "Finale" again!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:29 AM #12
MinorThreat
Subtle like a T-Rex

Griffan I can probably get 4/5 from Yakima for this if you get it going on a scheduled basis.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 AM #13
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

cool cool. so far i know punishment and eclipse is down so thats upwards of 9 guys already

Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 AM #14
Freakshow2143

Anyone going to be practicing Sunday?
Freakshow2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 AM #15
MinorThreat
Subtle like a T-Rex

I'm on vacation next week but i'm up for the 21st or the 28th if anyone else is?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:32 PM #16
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

i posted on facebook about sunday practice...would like to see more players out and I will be doing a mini camp.

we have been going thru some of the bunkers we bought from grandview and I believe we have enough to set up two different fields on the turf...should be an interesting weekend.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:11 PM #17
Freakshow2143

Rock on I will be there and I will see if I can bring a few peeps with me
Freakshow2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:39 PM #18
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

whats everyone doing this sunday?

Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM #19
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

a friend of mine from lagrande is coming to the field this saturday and wil be looking to practice, i know sunday is usually the day we all show up to play but if we could throw soothing together for saturday that would be awsome.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:38 PM #20
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

ill be out this Saturday with Brian Albin (alban???) hopefuly some guys from eclipse (the team) and maybe some from yakima. i know its short notice but lets get ballin, weather is gonna be great!

Old 09-03-2011, 04:03 PM #21
aroun7

aroun7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aroun7 plays in the APPA D5 division
aroun7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aroun7 supports Empire
Quote:
Well said.

im down for trying out for this team or if u guys r looking to form a new team im a good player let me know when u guys want to put practice games for try outs
aroun7 is offline   Reply With Quote