Old 02-23-2013, 07:35 PM #1
destrega

has been a member for 10 years
destrega owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
destrega is for the Gunfight
destrega supports DLX Technology
Invasion problems

Hello all,

I just recently bought a used Invasion from a team member and I am having some problems with it. When I first got it the velocity was very irratic it would go from about 185 to about 335 and everywhere inbetween. After ALOT of shooting and messing with the LPR it kind of fixed the issue and kept working.

Second problem, when I got the marker home it seemed when I was dry firing it, it would have FSDO issues. I try to adjust the LPR in small increments but nothing seems to have fixed that issue.

The third and most serious issue now is that when I put a tank on the marker it will leak. I can't pinpoint exactly where since it's such a large leak. After I tried everything I could think of I took the Invasion apart completly and went through it and could find no issues with o-rings. However, the person I bought it from did mention that he put a "solenoid friendly" oil into the asa and dry fired it. So I did clean out a ton of blue oil gunk from the marker and had to regrease everything but it did not fix the problem.

Here is what I did thus far:
Cleaned and relubed regs and rammer.

Took marker apart and checked the valve and poppet, recleaned and regreased the valve. Left poppet dry.

Tried to increase hpr and lpr to see if the leak would subside.

Anyhelp you could give me would be most appreciated as I'm not sure what step to take next.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXZ57QGsbY0
destrega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 AM #2
WildWayz
The Moose God

WildWayz owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
When you put the valve back into the body, did it slide in easily or was there a bit of resistance? Did you change the orings?
I only had a leak like that when I put the wrong sized oring on the valve body.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 PM #3
destrega

It went in with almost no resistance what's so ever, and I did not change the o-rings. Would you happen to know what size they are?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM #4
WildWayz
The Moose God

WildWayz owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
14x2 orings on the valve body.

When I put 014's on, it dropped in easily (and air rushed past). With 14x2, it is snug.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:18 PM #5
destrega

Since a Alien O-ring kit seems impossible to find except for on zephyr paintball, and they are out. Would these work?

http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclips...014x2nbr70.htm
Old 02-26-2013, 09:48 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Looks like those should be ok. Honestly if you have any orings close to the same size that will fit fairly snug, when you put the valve in, you should be ok. The valve doesn't move, nor does it need to come in and out. If you have a good seal it will get you buy until you have the proper orings.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM #7
destrega

I have a bunch of older 2k2 intimidator o-rings, so I will see if I have anything roughly the same size. Thanks for all the help thus far guys.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 PM #8
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
the leak has to be causing the velocity issues (unless they happened at separate times)

Dont ever EVER put oil in the ASA on these guns. Just grease the ram every so often (after 5 cases? you can even get away with going as long as an entire season)

What is the dwell at? Fresh battery?

edit: 014 standard oring is not the same as a 14mm ID x 2mm CS oring!

Last edited by firefoxx04 : 02-26-2013 at 11:35 PM.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 PM #9
MstrKey

He knows they're not the same orings. I just have him trying what he has around to get him by lol. It's a long shot but you never know. The proper size will still need to be ordered.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM #10
destrega

Well I ended up ordering some new o-rings since I didn't have anything that was close enough. I personally did not put oil in the ASA as I have known for years that it is generally not a good idea on any electronic marker. And I have a fresh battery and the dwell is at 15. The velocity issue happened at a earlier time when I just got the marker and it was not leaking, but I think that might have been due to the oil issue.

Last edited by destrega : 02-27-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 PM #11
MstrKey

Let us know what happens after you put the new valve orings in. May want to lube them with dow55 to give them a good fit after you put it in.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:49 PM #12
destrega

So update time:

The new o-rings fixed the leaking problem. The new ones that I bought are bigger than the ones that I took out, odd since the old ones did seem to seal fine before they had some weird blow out. But not really a concern now that it's fixed and working.

Also, on the apparent FSDO problem that I was having I decided to back out the LPR all the way and start from scratch. Somehow even with the LPR screw backed out all the way the marker was still firing, so I turned the HPR all the way out and than took apart the LPR, looked at it, put it back in and gave the HPR a full turn and a half in. Next I put the LPR screw one full turn in and at the moment anyway it seemed to have fixed the problem.

Hopefully this weekend I can go out and play with it and see how it really performs. Thanks for all your help thus far guys, hopefully I won't have anymore issues.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 AM #13
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by destrega View Post
even with the LPR screw backed out all the way the marker was still firing,
Yes, too many players were not turning the LPR screw in far enough and then saying the guns wouldn't shoot. Now the springs are long enough that the gun is almost at the pressure the guns needs to fire with the screw out.

Turning both screw all the way out and starting over does help sometimes as players can turn the HPR in so much that the pressure is so high the cup seal pin doesn't want to open.

Edit: Hope it goes well for you this weekend, and do let the guy you bought it from shoot it again once you have it dialed in. I am bit surprised that the setting got so messed up that he quit on it and sold it. They guns are pretty easy to adjust, but maybe someone will read this and realize they should call before selling the gun if there is a small problem. Anyway, again, hope you enjoy the gun.

Last edited by Jack Rice : 03-02-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM #14
MstrKey

Good stuff.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:17 PM #15
destrega

As I see it Mr. Rice, his loss is my gain. I went out and didn't play today, but went to a field and shot a few pods over the chrono to make sure I dialed in the pressures correctly. And I must admit, I don't know why it took me so long to shoot an alien. The Invasion is one of the best, if not the best stacked tube poppet I have ever shot in my life. Can't wait to really play with it tomorrow.