No, not until Castro starts making some concessions 21 36.21%
Other (please explain) 6 10.34%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2006, 09:29 PM #64
殉教者

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman
crying at the stupidity of the human race and the realization that what you just read came from "the future generations"
That dude's 37.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2006, 09:32 PM #65
doublenot7

And far smarter than the likes of you here ::NO dodgy::
Old 05-13-2006, 04:55 PM #66
yay4jojo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenot7
When Castro eventually dies hopefully the Cuban people will have a transition in government and have a society that enjoys more freedom and prosperity. Then we won't see them risking life and limb crossing the water in mishap boats.
You have stated:
(a) The reason they risk life and limb in the boats is because Castro is so oppressive
and (b) Castro's death will provide the Cubans with opportunities for more prosperity.

If Castro is so oppressive, why not end the embargo? It will take him out of power, because [as I argued earlier] the embargo keeps Castro in power by providing a scapegoat for his hopeless economic policies and continuing domestic repression, portraying him as the target of a U.S. vendetta that is condemned by the rest of the world (yes, 14 consecutive times) and thus enabling him to maintain at least a vestige of his all-important self-portrayal as a defiant warrior against "U.S. imperialism."
You say you want prosperity for the Cuban people, which you say will come to them via Castro's death, but why wait until he croaks?! We can expedite the prosperity by ending the embargo, which has deprived their economy of $67B since the embargo was enacted, according to UN Press Release GA/9654. An end to the embargo will bring American jobs, American trade, and therefore good ol' American prosperity.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:01 PM #67
yay4jojo16

Doublenot07: Why did you attempt to turn this into a partisan issue by attaching the word "liberal" to every single one of your stupid, unfounded assertions? [see: "liberal talking points"]
This is much more an issue of ideologies, specifically pragmatism vs. fundamentalism, or an issue of state vs. federal [Cuban constituency in South Florida vs. what's good for the entire country].
Your inflammatory labels are irrelevant.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:29 PM #68
noobkiller123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJR168
Right, we can't concede to a leader who's country was used as a missile base against the US. Explain to me then why we trade with almost every Eastern Bloc country? Why do we trade with the USSR? Why are we trading with almost every country that was used as a missile base? The sanctions have ZERO to do with Cuba being a missile base 40 years ago. Though they may provide a SLIVER of why they were started, but it is even more complex than that.

Go back to my analysis on electoral and economic reasons. It provides a much clearer, realistic reason why the sanctions are kept. Do some research.
hey just so you know about umm lets see 16yrs ago the USSR collapsed and it is now Russia, a democratic nation..thus casues all there satelite nations to set up there own forms of govt. and they no long have the soviet missle technology. but yea. ever hear of the "Cuban Missle Crisis" where for 13 days the world stood still on the brink of nuclear holocaust.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:47 PM #69
25bps (Banned)

25bps is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobkiller123
Russia, a democratic nation.
Except for the fact that the Russian media is controlled by the Kremlin.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:58 PM #70
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobkiller123
hey just so you know about umm lets see 16yrs ago the USSR collapsed and it is now Russia, a democratic nation..thus casues all there satelite nations to set up there own forms of govt. and they no long have the soviet missle technology. but yea. ever hear of the "Cuban Missle Crisis" where for 13 days the world stood still on the brink of nuclear holocaust.
Not democratic, more of a republic in the midst of a civil war ruled by corruption and a president who wishes to take the country back to totalitarian ways.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-13-2006, 08:56 PM #71
Furious Ge0rge

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
Not democratic, more of a republic in the midst of a civil war ruled by corruption and a president who wishes to take the country back to totalitarian ways.
I like you more and more as each day passes.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:57 PM #72
doublenot7

Sorry if you guys find it inflammatory to be called liberals. Be proud of who you are.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:01 PM #73
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge
I like you more and more as each day passes.
Good thing.

Quote:
Sorry if you guys find it inflammatory to be called liberals. Be proud of who you are.
No I find it perfectly fine. The liberal PC nazi's are the one's trying to make it inflammatory. Conservatives don't get mad if we call them conservative do they?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-13-2006, 10:04 PM #74
殉教者

Quote:
Ok, just answer me this. You DO understand that CONSERVATIVES do NOT LIKE embargoes, correct?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 PM #75
doublenot7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love Impulses
Conservatives don't get mad if we call them conservative do they?
Nope
Old 05-13-2006, 10:27 PM #76
25bps (Banned)

Only the fake liberals (democrats) get mad. Those of us who adhere to classical liberalism would actually prefer if people were informed enough to label us as such.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:28 PM #77
doublenot7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 殉教者
Ok, just answer me this. You DO understand that CONSERVATIVES do NOT LIKE embargoes, correct?That is not an absolute statement.

You DO understand CONSERVATIVES do NOT LIKE communist countries that point nuclear missiles at them, correct?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:37 PM #78
殉教者

You DO understand that those were SOVIET nuclear missiles pointed at us OVER 40 YEARS AGO, Cuba and their communist system is not a threat to us now, hasn't been since they've been faring without Soviet assistance for the past 17 years, and probably hasn't been before that too, correct?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:54 PM #79
yay4jojo16

To reinforce Martyr's point, I give you this quote:
A 1998 U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency report concluded that, "Cuba does not pose a significant military threat to the U.S. or to other countries in the region."
Old 05-14-2006, 03:12 PM #80
25bps (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay4jojo16
To reinforce Martyr's point, I give you this quote:
A 1998 U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency report concluded that, "Cuba does not pose a significant military threat to the U.S. or to other countries in the region."
Who was President in 1998?

Clinton. And he was a well known communist.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:52 PM #81
殉教者

Old 05-14-2006, 04:39 PM #82
yay4jojo16

Doublenot: you stated "CONSERVATIVES do NOT LIKE communist countries that point nuclear missiles at them, correct?"

Given my quote (a few posts up), don't you think this argument is moot?

Last edited by yay4jojo16 : 05-15-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:02 PM #83
p8ntballtroll
Banned.

Ok heres how it goes, the embargo stays in place until castro dies. Then political subgroups in america (CANF) lobby for us intervention to keep fidels brother out of power. After this happens the CANF and other groups bring US buisness to Cuba in the interest of rebuilding the economy, bringing capitallism, establishing a democratic government, and of course money.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field and it doesn't matter that you failed a test, didn't get the girl, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours.

Originally posted by PBDojoLP: is anyone else horney? is it weard that im naked right now?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:58 AM #84
殉教者

What do you mean exactly by "intervene?"