Tynasty
Paridise

has been a member for 10 years
Tynasty plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Tynasty plays in the APPA D2 division
thanks guys

edit: is breeding hard i kinda want to breed balls

Last edited by Tynasty : 03-02-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 PM #65
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Well, a little late, but as promised pictures of my corn and bp.

Here is my corn snake. He's roughly 5 months old.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And here is my ball python. He's a little younger then the corn. Had him about a month now, and still hasn't ate. That's expected though, so no worries.

Sorry about the quality, both taken with the iphone.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM #66
playxball

playxball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
playxball is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynasty View Post
thanks guys

edit: is breeding hard i kinda want to breed balls
Not hard at all....my advice listen to your animals.

I bred a 6 month old pastel to my 3 year old normal female. she laid 8 good eggs...ended up with 4 pastels and 4 normals.

thats where it all began 8 eggs led to 24 led to 30 then to 41 then in my final year 250.

it is very rewarding. I lost only 5 eggs that entire time and had a 99 percent mortality rate. at 54 days i cut open every egg! just like xmas.

check out kingsnake.com great site for breeders...oh and never did i cool my snakes same temps all the time.

best of luck dude

Planet Eclipse/Valken/DXS/KEE/DYE/MacDev/MAPL/OXCC/PPSC/R an M/Legacy Paintball/CRU

Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM #67
Tynasty
Paridise

Tynasty plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Tynasty plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by playxball View Post
Not hard at all....my advice listen to your animals.

I bred a 6 month old pastel to my 3 year old normal female. she laid 8 good eggs...ended up with 4 pastels and 4 normals.

thats where it all began 8 eggs led to 24 led to 30 then to 41 then in my final year 250.

it is very rewarding. I lost only 5 eggs that entire time and had a 99 percent mortality rate. at 54 days i cut open every egg! just like xmas.

check out kingsnake.com great site for breeders...oh and never did i cool my snakes same temps all the time.

best of luck dude
thanks man
Old 03-07-2011, 11:12 PM #68
Nalayah

Looking at getting a ball python soon, but still learning about them. How do you guys mimic day/night heat cycles? Will just turning off the lights allow for enough of a temperature drop, or do you need adjustable undertank heaters? Still new to it all, thanks in advance for your help.

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 AM #69
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Read this here. It has a lot of information about ball pythons, and all reptiles in general.

http://www.kingsnake.com/ballpythonguide/

And as for the day/night I cycle between an Exo Terra day bulb to an infrared bulb at nighttime. Sometimes, to mimic a cooler night, I will leave the infrared bulb off and just have no light/heat at night. My room is warm enough that the drop of temperature isn't a threatening one though. Any idea what your planning on keeping him in?

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

Last edited by paintball_KIA4 : 03-08-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 PM #70
Nalayah

I was thinking of a 40 breeder tank, though I'm wondering if the Terranium kits sold at Petco are worth the money. And that was a good read.

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Old 03-08-2011, 03:30 PM #71
Word?
.....casuals.

Word? is a Supporting Member
Well,

I don't like standard mesh top tanks. You may or may not know that heat rises, and when you have a mesh top all your heat escapes quickly and you don't get good ambient temperature & humidity which is very important. I lost a couple amphibians that way, and my brother lost his chameleon too. Plus snakes can escape from mesh tops very easily.

I think an acrylic or custom setup is the best way to go. Custom, is cheaper and does the same job, but some people say that chemicals from plywood and such could harm snakes. But no one can really prove it.

I did both, I have 2x4 bases routed to hold the acrylic with DAP household adhesive(aquarium safe) like in breeders. But the ceiling on it is half plywood and half acrylic. The acrylic side is a door with two locks so if and when the snake gets big enough to reach the ceiling he has almost no leverage to weasel his way out.

I don't know if I lost you or not, but if your interested I can show pics.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM #72
Nalayah

I think I'm following that pretty well, should be a simple DIY project.

1978 Suzuki GS750
2000 Honda CBR 600 F4
Old 03-08-2011, 05:50 PM #73
playxball

playxball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
playxball is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalayah View Post
I was thinking of a 40 breeder tank, though I'm wondering if the Terranium kits sold at Petco are worth the money. And that was a good read.
Guys ball pythons need no light cycles...My snakes were always kept in 41 qt storage boxes. only kept with an 11 inch piece of heat tape. Temps in the heated end of the box always and I do mean always kept at 92 degrees within 1 or 2 degrees. cool end around 78 to 82.

I produced more than 250 babies in 2009. If you want to light you cage that is cool but not needed!

The 40 gallon breeder tanks are great (with the sliding tops) they are pricey.

best of luck they are awesome to keep!

Planet Eclipse/Valken/DXS/KEE/DYE/MacDev/MAPL/OXCC/PPSC/R an M/Legacy Paintball/CRU

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 PM #74
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ok guys........got a question. i have the brazilian rainbow at the top of this thread. she has a shed problem (i think). her boby shed fine but the tip of her nose seems dry and not glossy like the rest of her. and her eyes are like there is shep over them. took her back to the shop where i got her and the guy there removed eye shed twice already in the pass 2 weeks. now her eyes are all cloudy again. any ideas or suggestions?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:25 AM #75
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Try bathing it in a warm (not HOT) half inch of container of water. Also could try a damp washcloth and try to gently wash his face. That should get all the excess shed on the eye caps off. Be careful if he is nippy though. The eye caps could partially blind him, and he might try to bite out of fear. Hope this helps/is what your asking for.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:40 AM #76
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
http://img695.imageshack.us/i/1203001351.jpg/

Mine, pain in the *** 6'10" pine snake, very mean when here at home, but outside of my house nicest animal on the planet, don't understand it lol... Currently living with my girlfriend at her house, more room for monitors = win
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 AM #77
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1tanrush View Post

Fixed your picture for you

EDIT: Well, I tried. Doesn't seem to be working on the direct link either. May need to rehost it.

EDIT2: Rehosted it for you. It's up in your quotes.

Last edited by paintball_KIA4 : 03-09-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM #78
Word?
.....casuals.

Word? is a Supporting Member
Took Flanders to the vet today for an examination. Flanders happens to be a lady, but other than that clean bill of health.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 PM #79
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

There's a snake in my boot!

Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 AM #80
1_viper

1_viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
turns out she had a infection in her eyes from the shed not comming off correctly. this is a first time thing happing to me. wow...... anyway she was given some antibotics and eye drops. should be fine in about a week
Old 03-26-2011, 07:55 PM #81
pbmink (Banned)

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life

some snakes i found today
top is a mountian gophersbnake
bottom is a california king

both about a year old
Old 03-28-2011, 02:42 PM #82
Monty619

Just one of many!

Review Feedback

Anodizing services available, please inquire for pricing.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM #83
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post

some snakes i found today
top is a mountian gophersbnake
bottom is a california king

both about a year old

hope you didn't release them anywhere near each other.

1/4 mile 8.71 @ 155mph
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 AM #84
u r a bucs fan

I think I'm going to get another snake within the next month or two. I've previously owned a corn snake and ball python; great snakes. I'd like to get another type of constrictor, just don't know much about them other than Balls.

I've been real intrigued with Red-Tails and think they're absolutely beautiful. Is there a significant difference between caring for a red tail and ball? Especially temper and handling wise. I'm not terrified of getting bit, I know it's bound to happen, but I don't want a douchey snake. Would like to know if after acclamation if red tails are relatively chill and wouldn't mind hanging outside the cage every now and then.

Any other species worth looking at? I'd love a Burmese but unfortunately 8ft is about the max I can do right now.

And no its not a mil. bucks. TB buccaneers, or ohio st. buckeyes fan.

GREEN MONKEYS FTW