Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM #64
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Ha

I took your word for it. Damn. Oh well. I still stand by my claim that he is a stoner.
Still, almost two years of $30k is ridiculous.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM #65
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Still, almost two years of $30k is ridiculous.
On its face it's not ridiculous, as the max payout here was about $28.6k/yr (it's about $26k now). But what is ridiculous is likening that to a payment from a full-time job.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM #66
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
On its face it's not ridiculous, as the max payout here was about $28.6k/yr (it's about $26k now). But what is ridiculous is likening that to a payment from a full-time job.
God damn I need to move to Hawaii and get on the dole.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM #67
2ffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
I'm gonna depart from dub here as I don't see it as a banking problem but an NGDP problem (total dollar spending in the economy) that's being held back by tight monetary policy. Bank's aren't lending and businesses aren't expanding because the aggregate level of spending in the economy is too low and they expect it to be in the future too. That's why demand to hold treasuries is so high across the board.

Also, there is no skills gap, or at least there isn't a bigger one than there was before the crisis. If there was we'd see wages being aggressively bid up by firms trying to attract skilled workers. Of course, we don't see that at all in the data.
How much more loose could our monetary policy be?

The "data" may not say there is a skills gap but in the real world there is. If there wasn't microdoft wouldn't be lobbying to bring in more hb-1 software engineers.

Quote:
I just noticed this, what the **** is this bull****?
growing trend of those who run our of UE to attempt to get social security dissability income.

http://townhall.com/columnists/micha...ity/page/full/

Quote:
I agree, not being able to convert 99 months to years and realize how ridiculous 8.25 years of UI sounds is scathing. Pretty sure he has a college degree in something financial.

I double majored in accounting & finance

Quote:
I fail at reading.
waiting for the apology....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Botany.

He had trouble converting months to years, because years aren't broken down into grams, dimes and kilos. Well....maybe his are.
go piss on steve job's grave, he dropped acid.

Quote:
First of all you can admit I was correct but slightly off on the numbers

I know, it's even worse because you don't have to do **** but sign up.

Also since you don't think I should be in the field I'm in, let us discuss what it is that you do for a living.

Last edited by 2ffu : 12-05-2012 at 05:28 PM.
2ffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM #68
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
God damn I need to move to Hawaii and get on the dole.
All you need to do is get a job that pays about 30% more than that, work long enough to accrue credits, have no intention of quitting, then lose that job through no fault of your own. Simple.

Oh yeah, and hope congress gets off its ***, because all that ends in about, oh, 4 weeks.

Anyway, there are other states with about the same or better benefits, but given our cost of living, people are probably better off in many of these places:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ffu View Post
growing trend of those who run our of UE to attempt to get social security dissability income.

http://townhall.com/columnists/micha...ity/page/full/
In other words, made-up bull****. As I thought.

Quote:
First of all you can admit I was correct but slightly off on the numbers
No, you were not correct. A $28.6k UI payment is NOTHING like $40k full-time job. A full time job includes benefits, while at that UI rate, you will lose access to all benefits, most notably health insurance. A job doesn't have a 6-month lifespan, or maybe 12-18 months while a one-in-a-lifetime exception lasts.

You apparently have no freakin' clue about how the social safety net works, yet you feel qualified to make all sorts of horse**** comments on it.

Last edited by drgonzo : 12-05-2012 at 06:17 PM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:14 PM #69
benji25
Legen (wait for it) Dary

benji25 donated to help Peyton Trent
benji25 supports Bob Gurnsey
benji25 posts videos on PbNation
benji25 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
A full time job includes benefits, while at that UI rate, you will lose access to all benefits, most notably health insurance.
Except you don't because of Obamacare
benji25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM #70
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post
Except you don't because of Obamacare
That aspect of Obamacare will not kick in until 2014.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM #71
2ffu

"$28.6k UI payment is NOTHING like $40k full-time job. A full time job includes benefits, while at that UI rate, you will lose access to all benefits, most notably health insurance. A job doesn't have a 6-month lifespan, or maybe 12-18 months while a one-in-a-lifetime exception lasts.

You apparently have no freakin' clue about how the social safety net works, yet you feel qualified to make all sorts of horse**** comments on it."

You are a clueless, ****ing idiot if you think working 2080 hours, plus the time to drive to work, plus gas expenses for $40k- taxes is some how better than getting 28k in bennifits FOR NOT DOING NOT A MOTHER ****ING THING.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM #72
dub CRISP
tra la la la la la

what about the fulfillment of being a productive member of society? You don't get that with UI benefits.

weanegro: its like a really tiny person eating a regular size gummy worm

HOW.THE.WORLS.SHOULD.WORK
"Originally posted by komodo-117: our beloved pharmacudical companies"
dub CRISP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM #73
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
You are a clueless, ****ing idiot if you think working 2080 hours, plus the time to drive to work, plus gas expenses for $40k- taxes is some how better than getting 28k in bennifits FOR NOT DOING NOT A MOTHER ****ING THING.
It is far, far better. Both from firsthand experience and from objective analysis. In fact you HAD to have been doing just that with no intention of stopping in order to have qualified for that much UI benefits in the first place. And, the idea that UI happens without you doing anything is similarly bull****, you are required to look for a job. So you are all kinds of wrong, on top of already being wrong.

Oh, and it seems like you are unaware, but UI benefits are taxed as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 PM #74
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
How much more loose could our monetary policy be?
There is virtually no bound. Quantity Theory of Money states that MV=PY, where M is money stock, V is money use (velocity), P is price level, and Y is real output (so PY = NGDP). Central bank can move M by a 100000000000000000% if they wanted to, meaning they can control PY.

Quote:
The "data" may not say there is a skills gap but in the real world there is. If there wasn't microdoft wouldn't be lobbying to bring in more hb-1 software engineers.
Companies have been lobbying for more immigration since well before the crisis. Maybe if right wingers like yourself weren't so racist they would actually get it too.

Last edited by licence2kill : 12-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 PM #75
licence2kill
POOP

Also, please addresss this:

http://www.frbsf.org/publications/ec.../wp11-05bk.pdf
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 PM #76
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
This is the third time posted, 2ffu. Stop ignoring evidence that is contrary to your bull**** worldview.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM #77
2ffu

Quote:
It is far, far better. Both from firsthand experience and from objective analysis. In fact you HAD to have been doing just that with no intention of stopping in order to have qualified for that much UI benefits in the first place. And, the idea that UI happens without you doing anything is similarly bull****, you are required to look for a job. So you are all kinds of wrong, on top of already being wrong.

Oh, and it seems like you are unaware, but UI benefits are taxed as well.

section 8 vouchers, EBT cards, obama phones, medicade, utility subsidies.... What's the value to of all that added up?

Quote:
There is virtually no bound. Quantity Theory of Money states that MV=PY, where M is money stock, V is money use (velocity), P is price level, and Y is real output (so PY = NGDP). Central bank can move M by a 100000000000000000% if they wanted to, meaning they can control PY.

Ok how much should we pay people to borrow money? The fed funds rate is .25% , where should we take this to? -50% interest rate?

Companies have been lobbying for more immigration since well before the crisis. Maybe if right wingers like yourself weren't so racist they would actually get it too.

The point is that there are jobs in the USA, lots of them, high paying ones with good bennifits....
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM #78
licence2kill
POOP

Print money and purchase t-bills and keep buying them until the economy recovers. Negative interest rates don't work when cash can take physical form. In the future, with an all electronic cash system, negative interest rates would be a great solution to conquering the zero lower bound.

Last edited by licence2kill : 12-05-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 AM #79
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
section 8 vouchers, EBT cards, obama phones, medicade, utility subsidies.... What's the value to of all that added up?
Zero. You aren't eligible for any of that receiving that level of UI. Which is a major, major gap in your knowledge that completely destroys your case and invalidates your thoughts on the topic.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 AM #80
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

The ignorance of the wellfare system is quite astounding. I truly am not sure if it is due to propoganda and misinformation from the right or is simpy another thing to add to the list of american incompetencies. Or both. Probably both.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM #81
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
My migraine is starting to kick in, so I'm not reading too far back into this WAY off topic discussion...

but

While I was maxing out unemployment, between Feb and Jun of 2011, I would have been eligible for the majority of the things listed by 2ffu if:
a) I had not been married (living together)
or
2) my wife had not been working
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM #82
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
The ignorance of the wellfare system is quite astounding. I truly am not sure if it is due to propoganda and misinformation from the right or is simpy another thing to add to the list of american incompetencies. Or both. Probably both.
To be fair, this is not something people would tend to know unless they actually dealt with it, but a person should not act like they know if they clearly don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
My migraine is starting to kick in, so I'm not reading too far back into this WAY off topic discussion...

but

While I was maxing out unemployment, between Feb and Jun of 2011, I would have been eligible for the majority of the things listed by 2ffu if:
a) I had not been married (living together)
or
2) my wife had not been working
Presuming it was in florida or georgia, those are two of the stingiest states for UI benefits at $275/wk and $330/wk max benefit. Those are equivalents of $14.3k and $17.16k annually, respectively. And as you noted, that would only make you eligible for all of those benefits if you had at least one other household member and no additional income (i.e. 2+ household). That would be over the limit for a single earner.

Last edited by drgonzo : 12-06-2012 at 08:45 AM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM #83
2ffu

Quote:
Zero. You aren't eligible for any of that receiving that level of UI. Which is a major, major gap in your knowledge that completely destroys your case and invalidates your thoughts on the topic.

I'm talking about people who do not work and collect all those bennefits and have been doing so for years.

Quote:
To be fair, this is not something people would tend to know unless they actually dealt with it, but a person should not act like they know if they clearly don't.
I have dealt with it, I PAY FOR IT

Have fun gonzo, I'm done with this. I'm not wasting anymore of my time with a mid 30's, leftist, internet troll, with the intellect of a hampster.

I'll take fries with my order btw

Last edited by 2ffu : 12-06-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM #84
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
I'm talking about people who do not work and collect all those bennefits and have been doing so for years.
Gonzo's point is that this doesn't really exist. You have yet to show any evidence that it does.