Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-09-2017, 09:47 PM #421
eatafetus
Swiggity Swooty

has been a member for 10 years
eatafetus supports our troops
eatafetus supports Ninja Paintball
Isn't it Bob Long Action Sports Technology? Not Archery?
Old 04-10-2017, 01:03 AM #422
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Dover posts videos on PbNation
Dover has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Dover is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dover supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatafetus View Post
Isn't it Bob Long Action Sports Technology? Not Archery?
Archery.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.long.98499

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS # S2197

$h@key J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:23 AM #423
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 is Legendary
Intern1 supports Ninja Paintball
Intern1 supports Empire
I always thought it was action sports technology as well. I could very well be archery, but that picture doesn't really prove it one way or the other. It just mean that he bow hunts lol.
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:28 AM #424
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dover View Post

By making the Timmy smaller and lighter, BLAST offered the Protege which was the first in a line of three evolving stacked-tube poppets; next was the Vice, and finally the G6R.

Please feel free to correct if i am mistaken and thanks for your time & help!
The gen4s were really the first of the smaller timmys, but that's nitpicking as the balanced valve was rather finicky.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:32 AM #425
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends IX
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Simon owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
It's Bob Longs Adrenaline Sport Technology Inc.

It used to be in Terry's signature (his Chief tech) and that's what was used on the press releases for his agreement with SP and it's what shows up when you search for the company.

Quote:
Smart Parts, Inc. and Bob Long Adrenaline Sports Technology, Inc. (BLAST) announced the signing of a patent license agreement giving BLAST a worldwide, non-exclusive license to make, sell, offer for sale, and distribute products covered by Smart Parts’ electronic paintball gun patents.
Smart Parts owns several U.S. and international patents and pending patent applications related to the use of electronics in the control and operation of paintball guns. These include, for instance, U.S. Patent Nos. 5,881,707; 5,967,133; 6,035,843; 6,474,326 B1; and 6,637,421 B2, as well as patents and/or pending patent applications in Germany, France, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Canada, Japan, and other countries.
http://www.manta.com/c/mmf2bw6/bob-l...technology-inc
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:01 AM #426
ironyusa
All that matters, is.

Quote:
By making the Timmy smaller and lighter, BLAST offered the Protege which was the first in a line of three evolving stacked-tube poppets; next was the Vice, and finally the G6R.
The protege was the low price version of the vice and was a gen5 timmy. The gen4 was still my favorite of all intimidators and was shorter in stretch, but a bit taller. Intimidators have never been exceptionally large baring the dual LPR versions which were front heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
The gen4s were really the first of the smaller timmys, but that's nitpicking as the balanced valve was rather finicky.
With a lurker valve, purging became unnecessary and it was/ is a fantastic gun. Why Bob didn't purge the spring chamber is odd to me seeing as how it is a lesson easily learned from regulators. Regardless, with 1 small change it is the valve concept that changed the industry. Lurker was the 1st to do breach sensing and he did it with that valve... it led to the IV core embodiment in spools. It was a very influential marker despite the implementation errors.
ironyusa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:23 AM #427
diehli
Geniass

Annual Supporting Member
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
diehli plays in the APPA beginner division
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
The protege was the low price version of the vice and was a gen5 timmy. The gen4 was still my favorite of all intimidators and was shorter in stretch, but a bit taller. Intimidators have never been exceptionally large baring the dual LPR versions which were front heavy.

With a lurker valve, purging became unnecessary and it was/ is a fantastic gun. Why Bob didn't purge the spring chamber is odd to me seeing as how it is a lesson easily learned from regulators. Regardless, with 1 small change it is the valve concept that changed the industry. Lurker was the 1st to do breach sensing and he did it with that valve... it led to the IV core embodiment in spools. It was a very influential marker despite the implementation errors.
While we've butted heads on other things, the sheer amount of technical knowledge in your head is damn impressive.
ML Crisis #72
One Team, One Goal!

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

FOR SALE:
-Planet Eclipse eBlade E2 (black) w/extra solenoid
diehli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:44 PM #428
PeteSterE
Ruck

PeteSterE is a Supporting Member
PeteSterE supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post

It used to be in Terry's signature (his Chief tech) and that's what was used on the press releases for his agreement with SP and it's what shows up when you search for the company.
I still love that name. BLAST.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:49 PM #429
ironyusa
All that matters, is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehli View Post
While we've butted heads on other things, the sheer amount of technical knowledge in your head is damn impressive.
Thanks. With opinions, disagreements are sure to happen.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:01 PM #430
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Thanks. With opinions, disagreements are sure to happen.
I think that some college students need to hear this.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:40 PM #431
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
Stop, stop with the disagreement; I need my safe place!

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:56 PM #432
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
Stop, stop with the disagreement; I need my safe place!
Here's something to make ya smile. When i sold you that Victory Proficiency Engine, i replaced the white donut and installed a brand-new $ 19.99 brown donut so that's like finding an Andrew Jackson in your pocket.

Orange County Bushwackers SL66 # B0033 ~ Warped Sportz Dark SL74 # D1028 ~ Swamp SLS # S2197

$h@key J0nEZ "It's not hard to justify unless you simply don't have the money and can't afford it. You can always tell the men from the boys by the price of their toys.
The SL is always the top of the line and the best paintball gun made, every year since it was first released. You get what you pay for and Bespoke parts are full of win."
Old 04-11-2017, 03:55 AM #433
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post

http://www.manta.com/c/mmf2bw6/bob-l...technology-inc
However it is true that Bob Long used to own an archery business, and his original pneumatic marker was manufactured by Delta Archery.

http://www.vintagerex.com/museum/Del...timidator.html

In addition, there is a hunting site that confirm's Bob's archery business.

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforum...hreadid=352227

I have a stainless steel barrel that is laser engraved with DELTA Splat.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:57 AM #434
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
I always thought it was action sports technology as well. I could very well be archery, but that picture doesn't really prove it one way or the other. It just mean that he bow hunts lol.
If you click on the link, it goes to Bob Long's Facebook page.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:06 AM #435
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

My mistake, i posted up the Intimidator from VintageRex when his very first electro was the Defiant as i mentioned previously

http://www.vintagerex.com/gallery/De...Prototype.html

Old 04-11-2017, 04:56 AM #436
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Not entirely true. I didn't know about and had never seen a Lurker valve in a Timmy at the time I came up with the breech sensing idea for the IVCore. Yes it is a similar principle, though a completely different application, but there was certainly no connection in development.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:22 PM #437
gereczm524

gereczm524 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Not entirely true. I didn't know about and had never seen a Lurker valve in a Timmy at the time I came up with the breech sensing idea for the IVCore. Yes it is a similar principle, though a completely different application, but there was certainly no connection in development.
from the man himself
Old 04-18-2017, 10:33 PM #438
J4 Paintball
Commandant

J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
However it is true that Bob Long used to own an archery business, and his original pneumatic marker was manufactured by Delta Archery.
Probably one of my favorite moments in paintball was finding ourselves drinking a nice selection of whiskey with Greg Muller and Janek at PBE and he goes and tells the story of how Bob Long was shooting his bow next him and the rest of these guys on an old team called 'Ironmen' (you young kids might have heard of them), and how Bob came out out and started showing them how to shoot. It is a great story and worth hearing if you get a chance to catch Greg. Bring good whiskey if you are old enough.

Quote:
Count me foolish. Sure $1,500 guns, and a ton of them 10 years ago - many under $1,500 though. If the average gun sale back then was for example $1,000 and they averaged 1,600 guns a yr (which is a ton), that's 1.6 million for their prime. So yeah, prob worth 1-3 million as a company then...
Just a small bit: These numbers are not really near what he sold 'back then.' Not my place to say, but I have talked to his dealers, teams and even a bit to him about what he did business wise in the past and it was all about the same. Also there is the bit where you need to look at wholesale and distributor pricing that affects what a business takes in. Either way the value is often calculated by past 3-5 year total sales, and in the case during the glorious heydays of PB the value would have been significantly higher.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:41 PM #439
ironyusa
All that matters, is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Old 04-19-2017, 01:46 AM #440
Paul77
Can't find my old account

Annual Supporting Member
Paul77 is BST Trusted
Paul77 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I thought Delta Sports was the original company Bob Long founded, then evolved to become
Bob Long Archery Sports Technology = BLAST ?
My very first receipt from Bob was on the back of a Delta Archery business card of his in 1994 and is documented on Bacci Paintball. I just acquired the sister of my original marker and am in process of rebuilding it as mech cocker.
http://www.baccipaintball.com/oldnew...ies-autococker

Bob used to come up here hunting frequently and we were close in the mid 90's.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:47 PM #441
Dover
Blaze Away All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
My very first receipt from Bob was on the back of a Delta Archery business card of his in 1994 and is documented on Bacci Paintball. I just acquired the sister of my original marker and am in process of rebuilding it as mech cocker.
http://www.baccipaintball.com/oldnew...ies-autococker

Bob used to come up here hunting frequently and we were close in the mid 90's.
That is fantastic and thank you for the link, brought back wonderful memories!! I met Bob at his Training Camp in the '90s and acquired this Foxwood camo Cocker through Mike Carey who was with Personal Vendetta at the time.

ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.