Is it better to be a sniper and stay alone or charge bunkers and bases with your team - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-12-2001, 06:13 PM #1
Jed_2005

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation

Hey my subject is pretty self-explanitory I was just wondering If I should attack the bunkers with my team or just be a "stalker/sniper" cause I'm just playing in friends backyards not tournaments or fields. Which would be better? Thanks a lot. Jed

Quote:
Live and kill or get your *** shot down!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2001, 06:34 PM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Always working as a team is better. In bigger size teams break off into groups of like 3. You guys can help eachother out by providing pressure while one of you moves up. Alone you wouldn't be able to do this and would probably just be taken out by people working as a team. Paintball involves tactics also, and usually you need other people to use tactics, and get the advantage.
Old 05-12-2001, 07:44 PM #3
Budha
Paint Slüt

This is a good question I guess. Dude, just do whatever you like most. If you like the sit still type of game, go for it, if you like up close in yoru face action, go up in the front. It is all preference.
Old 05-12-2001, 08:08 PM #4
frog

It depends on the size of the field. I wouldn't recommend to just sit there and wait, unless the field is very large and wooded. As you become more experienced you will become more aggressive. I myself don't get kicks out of just waiting around for someone to walk into my line of fire.
Old 05-13-2001, 01:45 AM #5
Pointed Stick

What are you playing? Speedball, capture the flag, kill the president? Usually teamwork work is best, but it all depends, eh?

Cheers!
Old 05-15-2001, 05:14 PM #6
kruppert

the bad thing about playing sniper is that you have to hide in a weel covered place that is probably pretty hard to get out of fast so once you shoot you will be a sitting duck. in tourneys there really is no place for a sniper so it doesnt matter if you are a serious player
Old 05-16-2001, 10:03 AM #7
nymyx
...errr...

I agree with CockerMan86, break your team up into small squads of at least 2-3 people and attack from different directions. Utilize flanking maneuvers and circle around to the other teams' backs if possible. Simultaniously attack from several directions and it'll throw your opponents off guard(unless of course your team is obvious about what it's doing). You can also create diversions where you have different squads attacking from different directions at different times. The element of surprise is a very useful tool if you're trying the 'sniper' thing so practice with several other people how to move through the woods as quickly yet quietly as possible. I've found it to be very frustrating trying to pull a solo mission, end up too far away from teammates, and then get pinned down without any support or cover fire. It's really not the best way to go unless you have the perfect escape route set up or you're just damn good.
Old 05-16-2001, 10:46 PM #8
holymoly :D

Quote:
Originally posted by kruppert
the bad thing about playing sniper is that you have to hide in a weel covered place that is probably pretty hard to get out of fast so once you shoot you will be a sitting duck. in tourneys there really is no place for a sniper so it doesnt matter if you are a serious player
not if you have a flat line you can just stand there and fire away
Old 05-16-2001, 10:56 PM #9
rooster

rooster is a founding member
I like to be where the action is.

Doesn't matter if it's speedball or woodsball. I get bored too easily to be a sniper-type player.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:56 PM #10
CPG904

Snipers are just newbies that are allergic to an adrenallin rush! Go and attack with your team. Don't be a camper!
Old 05-17-2001, 04:41 PM #11
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
wait for ur teammates to get into a fire fight with the other team then u swing around and blow them away.
ping-pong
Old 05-17-2001, 06:07 PM #12
FireViper

It's true that in speedball games a sniper is pretty useless but in scenario games they can do a bit of damage if in the right place. There is such a thing as a sniper team the military use these basically you could have your back up be in the area and call them in if needed or setup up a "killing zone" in which several snipers eliminate a groups of players faster than just one. I read somewhere a good setup would be to have a team of two snipers with some pack up consisting of semis and if possible a SAW(squad assault weapon aka "electric-semi") Snipers aren't just newbies some people pride themselves on the fact that they have enough skill to sneak up behind a base and take out a general or a good number of players and not get caught.
Old 05-17-2001, 08:36 PM #13
hothead2

hothead2 is a founding member
also i think a sniper is the only one who really has to concern them selves with silence in a gun of choice, i mean ur sitting behind a bunker u pop up and shoot at some one chancer are there going to notic 10 balls coming at them and there goin to get some cover pretty fast and shot back
ping-pong
Old 05-21-2001, 07:38 PM #14
DreadLock Dock

It's probably best to bust bunkers with your team while you send maybe one or two people out to "snipe." This way, your team can advance or hold the middle (hopefully) while a sniper takes a couple opponents out.

Quote:
i mean ur sitting behind a bunker u POP UP and shoot at some one chancer are there going to notice 10 balls coming at them
By the way, this is very important: you shoot AROUND the bunkers. Never shoot over the top, do not stand up and shoot over the top, do not stick your marker up and shoot over the top, because you just made sure that the opposing team knows that you are there. Like I said, learn to shoot AROUND the bunkers. It's so much easier and faster to pull yourself in from one of the sides than it is to drop down.

It will take a little while to learn, but it's definitely a very important tactic worth learning. You might also want to try shooting with your off hand so you can play either side of the bunker.
__________________________________________________ __________
Remember, AROUND the bunker....

"If you shoot, they'll probably run or get pissed off and bunker you."