Old 11-12-2005, 06:52 PM #1
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Exclamation Forum Guidelines--Please Read Before Posting

Welcome to PBNation's Field & Store forum. The purpose of this forum is to facilitate discussions between paintball fields and stores about day-to-day operations and to provide helpful information for those looking to start a field or store. The purpose of this post is to provide some guidelines as to what is, and isn't, permitted in this forum. This document will change as we tweak the rules to better facilitate the needs and wants of the fields and stores. The rules and policies of PBNation are still in effect.

Use Proper Punctuation, Spelling, and Grammar
If you're endeavoring to be a business owner, and want to be taken seriously, take the time to make your post the best it can be. We don't mind the occasional misspelling or missing punctuation point, but there's no excuse for messy posts if you're capable of better. Our perception of you is based on how you present yourself in the forum.

Use the MEGATHREAD & Search Tool
We are neither your librarian nor your personal assistant. Chances are general questions have already been answered. I do my best to condense answers to commonly asked questions in our MEGATHREAD. If you can't be bothered to look there first, then don't be surprised if your question doesn't get answered.

Generic questions like "Where can I find...", "what do I need to start a....", or "who has the cheapest price for..." are annoying at best. Chances are very good that you're not the first person to ask this. Use the search function, check Google, or dive in and sift through the posts. Not being able to access the search function is not an excuse. Either wait for it to become available or pony up the $30 to become an ASM.

Items for Sale or Product Advertisement
This forum is not intended to be a marketplace or free advertising for products and services. Spamming is not permitted and will result in the permanent banning of your account. Repeat offenders may be subject to an IP ban and/or filtering of your company's information. If you are a distributor, supplier, or manufacturer looking to sell your products to a field, retailer or reseller, this is not the place to do it. This is not the place to generate sales leads. Also, this is not the place to make announcements about your field/store.

Fields and stores are permitted to post about used equipment that they're selling off. Items should be in used condition and the sale limited to other businesses. Permitted items include netting, airball fields, air fill equipment, rental equipment, and business equipment (cash registers, cabinets, etc). If you are going out of business and wish to sell off your inventory, your post should be placed in the private side of this forum (see stickies). Do not abuse this. In your sale listing, please ask that requests for information be e-mailed or PM'd to you. We now have a B/S/T sub-forum for these posts. Only field and store owners have the ability to post in the B/S/T forum. For those who are not a member of the Field/Store Owner usergroup, I will move their B/S/T posts to the sub-forum.

Looking To Buy
If a field/store is looking to buy equipment such as, but not limited to, airball bunkers, netting, compressors, etc. and you're in the business of selling these items in a new or like-new condition, do not respond to these threads with advertisements that you carry such product. This will be considered spam. The general rule of thumb is you may respond if you have used equipment that was purchased and used as an asset in your company. You may not respond if the equipment was purchased as inventory/product meant to be re-sold.

Other Things That Do Not Belong Here
Customer-to-business transactions
This includes things such as requests for pricing, checking for availability, lay-away services, trade-ins, and other posts that are better suited for the B/S/T section of this site. Posters who violate this policy risk being banned. Anyone who responds to these posts in an attempt to generate a sale also risks being banned. Repeat offenders will have their accounts permanently banned.

Complaints/Reviews/Feedback of Stores & Fields
This includes complaint threads, feedback threads, and questions about the reputation of a store or field. Such posts belong in the Paintball Talk or B/S/T Feedback sections. Discussions about suppliers are better suited for the private side of the forum. Any issues you might have with an online store should be placed in this post. If you are looking for a field or store in your area, please use the PBNation Field/Store listings. These listings show all of the known fields and stores in your area. If you have a question about a specific field, please post it in the Regional Forums.

Dealer Pricing
Discussions about dealer pricing should take place in the private side of the forum. As a dealer, it is your responsibility to make sure that you do not violate any agreements you have with your distributors.

Teams/Players Seeking Sponsorship
Everybody's looking for a sponsorship. However, this is not the place to ask about them. Don't post about them here. Instead, click here for information on how to seek sponsorship.

If you have any questions or suggestions about these guidelines, please feel free to PM me. Please also take a moment to read our Megathread. It's likely your question has already been answered in there.

Last edited by TargetIndy : 03-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2005, 03:28 PM #2
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

has been a member for 10 years
About time... Good you to have ya here Chris.

Very good starting point on rules; so good that I have nothing to add except
Old 11-13-2005, 08:06 PM #3
Minnesota111

Thanks from me too. Not to hijack the thread, but to expound on the "private" forum, has anyone been using it and how is it going? Is there a way to get a 30 day "trial" to see what it looks like?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:04 PM #4
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the MiLP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the APPA D5 division
I am a memer of the private forum, it is great, there is alot of chatter about sales, private-forum-only sales, etc! Its worth the what is it 40$.......
-will

(205) 837-4177
Old 11-13-2005, 10:09 PM #5
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota111
Thanks from me too. Not to hijack the thread, but to expound on the "private" forum, has anyone been using it and how is it going? Is there a way to get a 30 day "trial" to see what it looks like?
In my opinion, I think it's worth it. There's enough information there that you'll get your money's worth out of it.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 AM #6
paintball8869
Factory Cert. Timmy Tech

paintball8869 is a Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a founding member
paintball8869 supports Pev's Paintball
paintball8869 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball8869 is Legendary
I've already gotten more than $40 out of it by using some of the info posted to lower my pricing from my distributors.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM #7
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
Now would be a good time for everyone to re-familiarize themselves with these rules. Particularly this one:

Looking To Buy
If a field/store is looking to buy equipment such as, but not limited to, airball bunkers, netting, compressors, etc. and you're in the business of selling these items in a new or like-new condition, do not respond to these threads with advertisements that you carry such product. This will be considered spam. The general rule of thumb is you may respond if you have used equipment that was purchased and used as an asset in your company. You may not respond if the equipment was purchased as inventory/product meant to be re-sold.

Company reps need to pay close attention to this rule.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:29 PM #8
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy
Now would be a good time for everyone to re-familiarize themselves with these rules. Particularly this one:

Looking To Buy

Company reps need to pay close attention to this rule.
I agree. There's something to be said for field owners helping each other out, but it's getting to the point where whenever someone posts anything, even a question about quality or other atributes of a field/compressor/netting/etc, the same 5-7 people respond saying "I have X for sale, number in sig" or the equivalent.

I think a good way to handle this is as follows: if you are answering a question about a product or type of product in a post, fine. But keep ANY and all sales pitches to PMs. I'm looking to sell off a couple things, but I've always pm'd people rather than clutter up threads with "I have it, call me" rubbish (and this ISN'T something purchased for resell). I think the procapsdirectnw guy does a pretty good job of this. At least I noticed that he pm'd me instead of spamming in a thread I made about something.

I mean it's getting to be about as annoying as spam email. So give this rule a week for people to get it, then start imposing 3-day bans on any spam offense. People will get the picture... or they won't and they'll leave. Either way it's fine.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:50 PM #9
billbobo

so the private membership is worth it? ive been thinking about joining it...
Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 AM #10
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbobo View Post
so the private membership is worth it? ive been thinking about joining it...
Pretty sure it's just for Field/Store owners

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
Closed Thread