Old 07-21-2009, 03:23 PM #22
eXn Gibbs

haha i see myself in the first two videos
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 PM #23
enfimis

has been a member for 10 years
to me this was the best ion in the 4 yrs ive gone...it was the best fought and and most maintained ive been to...plus the sportsmanship was amazing for the most part...there were refs everywhere which i liked but id like to see them put players back as medics along with the medic refs...

P.S. i think i was the only one using a pump on the beach assualt for the maerican side or atleast the only one that i saw
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM #24
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfimis View Post
to me this was the best ion in the 4 yrs ive gone...it was the best fought and and most maintained ive been to...plus the sportsmanship was amazing for the most part...there were refs everywhere which i liked but id like to see them put players back as medics along with the medic refs...

P.S. i think i was the only one using a pump on the beach assualt for the maerican side or atleast the only one that i saw
were you all the way on the left side of the beach by the German insertion? Possibly with a pump cocker?

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faecebøøk
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM #25
Team Zyklon B

ION 09 was awesome

Played with Krupp
Swindled and Pillaged
Threw an awesome party
Shot damn near everything within range
Dropped loads of cash
Awarded two brand new 4500psi air systems from Crossfire
Shot and 'naded loudmouths
had nightmares about shorty shorts and moose knuckles
had security shake us down twice. (Again, we're innocent.)
were accused of stealing property, (Wasn't us.)
got home to more hate mail (YES!)
saw lots of old friends
made lots of new ones

maybe we should come back next year?

Crossfire, Inc. www.crossfireinc.com
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 PM #26
psy-kosis
Released from the lab....

sounds like a plan

"In our eyes, the German... of the future must be slim and slender, as fast as a greyhound, tough as leather and hard as Krupp steel." Adolph Hitler
KRUPP CORP. A better future through bioengineering!!!! We do the unethical so you dont have to!
Ask us about our regime change program.

Proud Member of ZYKLON B The baddest team in paintball
US ARMY(RET) Grunt Killer RANGER!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:40 PM #27
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
id like to thank you guys of TZB
good stuff at the crossfire tent and thanks to the guy who replaced like 5 flip nipples for me and my guys
Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM #28
SkirmishRef3213

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT SO COOL KIDS View Post
We liked it. Had a huge rv. Chilled out. Had great time with Keg Stand Mafia and Pat O'Keefe's crew. Good peoples.

Ideas -
Heard they switched up tank kills. Now its 2 well placed shots on a square placed on tank by officials.
The refs should have little rectangle stickers to place on tank that represents EACH shooter within the tank. This way seems more fair.

ALSO - Where the hell are the FOOOOD STANDS?
DOES NO ONE SEE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE $$$$$$....?????
Yeahh i was actually a tank referee this year. This year the rules are that the first hit with a rocket immobilized it but they were still aloud to shoot. Then the second shot was the "kill shot".

There was a huge food stand right by Check-In underneath the pavillion
Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 PM #29
whiteforlife

i absolutely loved it
Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 PM #30
A-Train 21
I Shoot People

A-Train 21 is for the Gunfight
A-Train 21 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcardshop View Post
id like to thank you guys of TZB
good stuff at the crossfire tent and thanks to the guy who replaced like 5 flip nipples for me and my guys
Your welcome, that's the advantage of being a Crossfire owner/player. you reap the benefits of a no-hassle warranty. now. for the record. when we were removing regs, you should have seen the DUST and DIRT blowing into those tanks from the slam fill stations. it was nasty!

remember to fill those tanks slowly. it's better on all the o rings.especially with dirty air.

thnx 4 the props
Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 PM #31
ozcardshop
made of trampoline

ozcardshop owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ozcardshop is for the Gunfight
ozcardshop supports Pev's Paintball
no doubt bro thx for the help again
Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 PM #32
KarniKrazy57
Joe PA

plays in the NXL
KarniKrazy57 owns a Planet Eclipse - Gtek 170r
KarniKrazy57 plays in the APPA D5 division
This was my second year playing ION and was definitely better than last year. Will definitely keep coming back and bringing more ppl each time
ChicagoWildcard #87
Old 07-23-2009, 12:48 PM #33
decz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHaydt View Post
You could sleep. I know when I got home I passed out within ten minutes.
That's for when its all over.. not sat night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcardshop View Post
you could clean your gear?
party with your boys or girls?
bring stuff to occupy yourself

we cleaned our gear and watched movies in the suv
then sat outside til we were tired and slept
Yeah, we mostly watched JackAss and JackAss2 but my point was in the past Skimish had activies to do there. I was expecting the same and was disappointed it was no longer an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
DRINK!!! Worked for most of us.
Drinking is not allow. For real though, what about the under-agers or those of us who don't like to drink/don't drink?

In the future I'll bring more to do for myself and my group but like I said above I was expecting vendors to stay open later for some post-game shopping and I was expecting skirmish to have fun contests like before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBOldTimer View Post
I agree that the no open fires rule is a bit of a bummer, but let's face it... it only takes one goof-nut to let his fire get out of control, burn the place down, and tada.... no more Skirmish.
There were already enough fires on the beach and in the woods all day Sat and Sun.

"Oh I like that Baby. I put on my robe and wizard hat. " -eminemBNJA
Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM #34
reigec
In Memory of Lt. Klouser

reigec owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
reigec supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by decz View Post
That's for when its all over.. not sat night.

Yeah, we mostly watched JackAss and JackAss2 but my point was in the past Skimish had activies to do there. I was expecting the same and was disappointed it was no longer an option.

Drinking is not allow. For real though, what about the under-agers or those of us who don't like to drink/don't drink?

In the future I'll bring more to do for myself and my group but like I said above I was expecting vendors to stay open later for some post-game shopping and I was expecting skirmish to have fun contests like before.

There were already enough fires on the beach and in the woods all day Sat and Sun.
im bringing jackass 2.5 next year, lol
Facebook
Instagram
Email
Old 07-23-2009, 04:37 PM #35
NOT SO COOL KIDS
www.NotSoCoolKids.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie13th View Post
I have to agree, this was the safest and most fun ION I've played in the four years I've attended. From the command perspective the game ran very smoothly, the refs were nearly all on spot especially the shock and rove teams. Rich Morland (head ref) does an excellent job! Only thing I would change is using less white water employees, or training them better in the scenario rules.

FULL AUTO IS NEVER LEGAL IN SCENARIO

I know what you mean about food stands, like ones you find at a fair or festival right? That would be cool and a good way to get players back on the field quicker so they didn't have to cook. Imagine a cheese steak stand, next to a funnel cake one...yummm

Camp-site fireworks aren't allowed....but it would be cool if Skirmish did a small show or such controlled on the beach, the area is cleared of people and that would tame individuals appetite to light their own.

The painful stories of reballs, Kevlar riot balls, marbles and the rest of the sh** people have seen, been hit by or heard about being shot at IONs in the past were non-existent this year. This might be the best thing that happened, people played safer and smarted this year with only a few people getting hurt from slips and falls.

Roger, Allied General, DeCoz and Madkow (XO's) it was a pleasure to play against you. Pete, Ghost and I appreciate the work you and the rest of the allies put into this weekend!
.......no you didnt say funnel cakes. omg philly cheese steak stands?! now you're on my level. They could set that place up like the feast of san gennaro in little italy, nyc. My boys knew there was a big roast, etc....but we couldnt find it and gave up cuz we had a chef with us. But kid you not, skirmish needs more food man. sooo many impulse eaters with bellies falling out their shirts salivating cuz they just burned 200 calories. ahhh hahaha. LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

frenchie is whats up. roll by our camp next year. we burn the rv down love.
Fred Segal
Old 07-23-2009, 05:56 PM #36
Sardonic

every year it just gets better and more organized