Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2009, 02:32 PM #64
kyle.muffty
P B C U L T U R E .TV

"It happens on a random Monday, coming back from an event, or late on a Sunday night, right before you get on the plane and you're about to be frisked for the third time. You're driving, you're flying, you're sitting in an airport seat with boys from the
team. You're drinking stale coffee trying to stay awake; you're explaining the fat welt on the side of your neck to a confused stranger or a best friend. You're coming back to the other life; the one without paintball, where no one understands why you do it. You're tired. You're working off little sleep, the question creeps up and you try to ignore it. Why do I do this? Why the travel? Why the losses and the missed work, the missed school, hours of practice and the complaining girlfriend? Because the lure of living a paintball life is just too potent, and the products of the road, the travel, are memories forever, and trips and strange lands with stranger people. At tournaments, it feels like, for once, you actually get to live as loud as you want. It's worth the sacrifices, it's worth all the bull****. Because if you work hard enough a Sunday will roll around and you'll be in the huddle, screaming, with your hand in, one among ten playing for the World Title. And suddenly, all those clichés you ever heard make sense, and you are defined. You say it to yourself and it means everything. I am a paintball player; and this moment, right here, is my life."
- Matty Marshall
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2009, 11:06 PM #65
Mike.Sen
No.

has been a member for 10 years
"Look, if you think we're wrong... if you think Mr. Hopkins should honestly
get paid more than Mrs. Chadwick, then I respect that. But if you think we're right and
you won't speak up because you can't be bothered, then God, Jed, I don't even want to
know you."

"You know, if you don't want to run again, I respect that. [stands up] But if you don't
run 'cause you think it's gonna be too hard or you think you're gonna lose... well, God,
Jed, I don't even want to know you."

(Both Sorkin, from West Wing

I've got a generalized version of those two in my wallet. Had it for the past three months or so. Times a little fuzzy for me these days though, so...

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines."
(Emerson)

I read thousands of things out of that quote, some I disagree with, but I've decided to stick with Emerson on this one. In order to do that, though, I had to add a distinction to the different possible consistencies: temporal and behavioral.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 PM #66
LORD BELFORD
les petits pilous♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8intball3 View Post
"People say you don't know what you got till it's gone, I know I got it, I dont't know what y'all on."
-Kanye West
Yes, a quote by Kanye West, I feel this great man's deeds and infinite wisdom do not usually get the merit that they deserve. It is good to see them getting recognized finally.

But you forgot to include some other amazing things also said by this man, that I feel truly illustrate his intellect and culture.

"Now, throw your mother****ing hands
GET 'EM HIGH
All the girls pass the weed to your mother****ing man
GET 'EM HIGH
Now I ain't never tell you to put down your hands
KEEP 'EM HIGH
And if your losing your high than smoke again
KEEP 'EM HIGH
"

Ahhh.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:20 AM #67
Dekline
broke-as-hell ego owner

"Do you think you could answer all the questions of the world in just one word? I think you could."

If we assume that humanity never will or can be improved, the only thing which a theodicy seems unable to justify is creation itself, the fact that a race of such corrupt beings ever was on earth. - Immanuel Kant from Perpetual Peace
Old 02-23-2009, 02:44 PM #68
AzianAssassin
R.I.P. Team PBWagon

AzianAssassin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmenacho View Post
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on.
-Robert Frost

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
-Bob Dylan
Love the Pictures Mencho....
Life goes on - Tupac
Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 PM #69
AzianAssassin
R.I.P. Team PBWagon

AzianAssassin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."

"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."

"Don't Count the days, Make the days count."

- All quotes by Cassius Clay a.k.a. Muhammad Ali

Last edited by AzianAssassin : 02-23-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM #70
Mike.Sen
No.

From CS Peirce's "My Life: written for the Class-Book"

"
September 10. Tuesday. Born.

Fell violently in love with Miss W. and commenced my education.

Stopped going to Ma'am Sessions and began to go to Miss Wares - a very pleasant school where I learne much and fell violently in love with another Miss W. whom for distinction's sae I will designate as Miss W'.

"

CS Peirce was a logician and one of THE founding fathers of American Philosophy (Pragmatism). If you don't laugh at a logician calling one of his crushes Miss W and then the other one Miss W prime you haven't read enough philosophy.

But, some more legitimate quotes that are more memorable from 'Private Thoughts'. I've listed the ages at which he wrote each one:

XXXVII 20 (month away from 21)
"What he does is important.
How he feels is incidental."

XLVII 15?
"It has been proven that the probability of the premisses is always greater than that of the conclusion...How the consciousness humbles the arrogance of intellect that the most plausible truths at which it has arrived are the ones at which it has guessed."

LIV 21
"Every man his own metaphysician."

LXX 27
"Man is nature's first essay towards the production of an intellectual animal. He is not that, but is a prophecy of it, perhaps."

The best is:

LXXV 48
"The best maxim in writing, perhaps, is really to love your reader for his own sake."

I just picked up the first volume of Indiana University's Collected Peirce. Great guy. He gives me a bit of a confidence boost. I've always tried to write like he writes, even before I encountered him. He jokes a lot, and writes addressing the reader a lot, thus giving less of a disembodied voice feel.

Yeah, I hope someone can appreciate these.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:28 PM #71
Apocballer

Apocballer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Everyone in life will tell you no. You're not the right height, you're not the right weight, you're not good enough to achieve this. An endless barrage of no's will come your way, and when life and everyone in it is out of breath, trying to tell you what you can't do, you will tell them YES.

(unfortunately cannot give you the author)
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 PM #72
Mike.Sen
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocballer View Post
Everyone in life will tell you no. You're not the right height, you're not the right weight, you're not good enough to achieve this. An endless barrage of no's will come your way, and when life and everyone in it is out of breath, trying to tell you what you can't do, you will tell them YES.

(unfortunately cannot give you the author)
Heh, what, was it you?

Save your own quotes my friend. You save them until the day you make it big. Then you say them to x reporter or in y book. Then they go on wikiquote and you feel all good inside because your thirty and you've got a quote on wikiquote.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 AM #73
Crumb8284
Fancy Feast

"In great victory, there is great sacrifice" (something like that)

"I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."
Old 03-09-2009, 09:44 PM #74
twss

"The tree was tenebrous, pulchritudinous; ostensibly interminable on caliginously exiguous cobblestone."

- Cormac McCarthy, in The Road.

wtf
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 AM #75
Mike.Sen
No.

The hollowed horn
proves to warn
that he not busy being born
is busy dying.

And even though the rules of the road have been lodged
it's only people's games, you got to dodge.
It's alright ma,...

Disillusioned words like bullets bark
as human gods aim for their mark
they make everything from toy guns that spark
to flesh color christs that glow in the dark
it's easy to see without lookin' to far that not much is really sacred.

All Bob Dylan from It's Alright Ma I'm only bleedin'
(pulled from memory, so might be off)
Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 AM #76
maddog91
I hate this name

maddog91 donated to help Peyton Trent
boobs....Because sometimes you just dont want to lay your head on her shoulder"...Me =-)
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM #77
MorNin
Fokai

MorNin owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
"Those Who Have Achieved All Their Aims Probably Set Them Too Low"
-Herbert Von Karajan
Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM #78
MorNin
Fokai

MorNin owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
"All That Is Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"
-Edmund Burke
Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM #79
Stl Crabon V2
I will strike you.

Stl Crabon V2 plays in the PSP
Stl Crabon V2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stl Crabon V2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Stl Crabon V2 supports Team VICIOUS
amatures practice until they get it right, champions practice until they dont get it wrong.
PBRack Clothing
Old 03-12-2009, 04:28 PM #80
snoller
8 pages of infractions

is playing at Dead Legends
snoller is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
snoller is Legendary
**** the ****ing ****ers

p8ntball@ddict: If I had T-Mobile, you would be in my MyFaves
MR.JABM:Hi everyone, i'm snoller. I have an avatar changing addiction
Auctionjunkie!: If nothing else Scott you are passionate on your thoughts and topics. Kudos to you.
jdev: snoller, do you have the ability to make food that is not epic? or is everything you make just pretty epic?
TheMike: How do you take off a bra one handed? Theres too many styles of clasps, and I dont want to look like a fool in front of the woman..
Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM #81
mulletmadness

Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, *Woop* but from the side,
from the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter. you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns, and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here... or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know... try to show a little respect.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 PM #82
underdog_153

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmadness View Post
Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, *Woop* but from the side,
from the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter. you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns, and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here... or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know... try to show a little respect.
**** yes
Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM #83
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

as featured in my sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 PM #84
Mr. Bush
hi

"All borders are porous to cats."
-Jack Terricloth

"Failure is unimportant, it takes courage to make a fool out of yourself."
-Charlie Chaplin

I went to mars for a second but im back now and I got t-shirts for everybody