Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2012, 05:24 PM #1
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Post Help!!! Need to know about X-valve efficency.

Hello fellow 'mag users. I am about to get an x-valve from AGD. I need to know one thing though. What is the efficency of a x-valve or in other words what is the ratio of ci:shots. This is very important because i cannot carry around 2 large 68/45 just in case because i can only carry one and a case of paint (2000 paintballs). Dont ask what type of mag im shooting because i made it myself out of plastics,clay and eppoxy with a few AGD parts such as the rail,valve and grip. I need to know whether a 68ci/4500psi will get me through a box of paint or if i will need a 110 ci 4500 psi. Dont bother me about weight i carry alot already and i dont care much if i have a lot due to our games being hunkered down in forts and lasting sometimes up to 6 hours straight. I would prefer a legitimate ration of ci:paint assuming it is running on a 45k 285fps no miss feeds ball chops unknown factors etc.. I dont want something like a guess like "i get between 800-900 shots every now and then with a 68ci" I want legitimate numbers that if it has to comes down to precise decimal points.

I also have one more question. since i am about to run an x-valve on my gun i need a way to increase my ROF. Now i know most of you are thinking right now "buy an intelliframe" but i cant dues to a stupid mistake and an unforeseen side-effect of my custom built body. The eppoxy prevents me from taking off the carbon fiber single trigger grip. so i need to know if there is any way i can somehow modify anything on my gun so i can increase my ROF without damaging the eppoxy. Or if it comes down to it what could i do to take of the trigger and modify the grip itself without taking it off.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 PM #2
DMex
AKA: Ando

You can get an easy 1000 shot on a FULLY CHARGED 68/4500 tank.

And I would like to see this mag of yours in all its glory.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:12 PM #3
Freedy500

its not to glories. I lost a special made nut so i had to change the air source which led to me accidentally breaking a direct air piece inside of the valve causing it to break off a ton of brass INSIDE of the valve. I needed to buy a new one and its has plenty more problems than that. I have been having trouble trying to post a picture up but i am trying. I will give credit to myself saying it has a beautiful camo job. I really regret doing that to the grip though i have no clue how i can shoot fast on a single trigger
Thanks for the HPA answer i will probably get a GA 110ci 4500 carbon fiber. They are pretty good on weight and only come down to about 4 pounds.
click on this link it should take you it to it.
file://localhost/Users/sharedaccount/Documents/Owen/Paintball%20gun.jpeg

Last edited by Freedy500 : 05-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:40 PM #4
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
aerosaaber supports Ninja Paintball
I would get about 1100-1200 on my 90ci tank with 1200psi reg with a LOT of RT rapid fire. With a regular 850-900psi reg I could get some more. I have always had a small/tiny intermittent leak, with all day air I never really pursued it.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:04 AM #5
Frizzle Fry
AO Micromag Guy

Frizzle Fry is playing at Living Legends III
Frizzle Fry supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
I would get about 1100-1200 on my 90ci tank with 1200psi reg with a LOT of RT rapid fire. With a regular 850-900psi reg I could get some more. I have always had a small/tiny intermittent leak, with all day air I never really pursued it.
The leak is your issue. An RT valve is most efficient and consistent under rapid fire.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:26 AM #6
DMex
AKA: Ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
file://localhost/Users/sharedaccount/Documents/Owen/Paintball%20gun.jpeg
Lol...That's right off your computer bro. Can't see that.

Host it here...

http://photobucket.com/

...and then link the picture on the forums.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:28 AM #7
Freedy500

thanks for all of the estimates but i want actual consistent ratios also. such as what it seems what you guys are saying you get around a ratio of about 1ci:13 shots. i dont believe the gun even matters though.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 AM #8
Freedy500

here is the link. i hope it works this time. the valve is a basic 68 automag. Everything is custom made but the trigger grip,sear,valve and Qloader sytem with the air parts for co2/soon to be HPA
http://imgur.com/h3ZYI
Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 AM #9
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosaaber View Post
Hey i saw you bought one of those X-valve efficiency upgrades from hill. How is that doing, do you notice a difference, and do you suggest i should buy one.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:17 PM #10
Freedy500

Hello i know its a bit late but i just posted a WTB for an X-valve and wanr ro gwt one soon. So right now its looking like you guys are getting a basic ratio of 1ci:10 shots per 45k. So if i want to get a full box i might have to buy that GA 110ci 45k carbon fiber. Since im new to the HPA world whats the best way to protect a tank. I mean are those cheap 5-20 tank protecters really the best way. Or are they just the cheapest and lightest. Im potentially getting a $200 tank and i dont want a new one every 5 years. I want this thing to have the strongest chances of survival and getting out of harms way and making sure it will survive the next hydrotest. Is there any type of "indestructable" container for HPA tanks and if so can they get that large? I dont know about you guys but what is your average 68ci weight? The tank im potentially getting weighs around 3.5 pounds.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 AM #11
jason_finnie

has been a member for 10 years
If you plan to run the tank on the gun than a Dye tank cover works well to protect it. I love my Dye, thick, stays put, and holds well to the shoulder.

If you plan to run it on the back than you can use a cheaper velcro strapped mouse pad type material cover, then slip that in your tank pouch. Most tank pouches are made of condura liek the vest they are on and work well.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 AM #12
Freedy500

what do you think about hhome making one if i want to go over board. I run it on my vest but i wont have enough room though
Old 06-02-2012, 11:58 PM #13
THE Biscuit

THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE Biscuit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The ONLY protective sleeve I have ever been able to find to fit a 110/114 ci tank is a thin neoprene one that Smart Parts sold years ago. I have not seen any available in quite some time. They don't even come close to a cover like Dye or Empire sell.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM #14
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BigEvil-AO supports Ninja Paintball
If you are not getting 1200 shots off of a 68/4500 then you are doing something wrong.

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM #15
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvil-AO View Post
If you are not getting 1200 shots off of a 68/4500 then you are doing something wrong.
I am soon getting an X-Valve. I need to know how large of a tank i should have to get 2000 paintballs or at least close to that since they dont make them any bigger than the GA 110. You would have known that if you cared to read through the thread. So what do you guys suggest i use such as materials wise when it comes to home making a good case on it.