Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2012, 10:47 PM #1
nookshooks (Banned)

nookshooks plays in the PSP
nookshooks owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nookshooks supports Team VICIOUS
Why did you get into paintball?

What/why made/got you into paintball? post your stories/videos/anything lets here it and make this sport grow!
nookshooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2012, 01:57 PM #2
Austin7

i was 11 and i played with my church and since then i got really big intoo it and i have an alpha black, spyder electra dx, and spyder sonix......im now 13.
Austin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:37 PM #3
paintball king777

paintball king777 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i saw it in tv 10 a went out to my local field when i was 11 then bought a g4 and started turnaments
paintball king777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 PM #4
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
Hmm... I'm 17 now, I started when I was 12...
My dad got a book on paintball, Rick Sapp's "Paintball Digest" to be exact, from a library book sale. I had heard of paintball before but knew almost nothing about it. Needless to say, I read the book cover-to-cover many times and learned all I could about the sport. I talked to my dad after reading the book through the second or third time, and asked him about playing. He told me that if I wanted to play, I needed to buy my own marker and equipment. This began an epic quest to get enough money to buy my first marker and gear. I researched and researched for months at a time, all the while working to get enough money to buy the marker I settled on, the blue Viewloader Triton II. Finally, in mid-June of 2007, I bought my new gun and mask. I played renegade-ball for a year with my friends. Then, we moved to Colorado the next year. I went paintballing a few times, but never really got into it. One fateful day, after playing with my friend for a few matches in Ohio, my Triton chopped paint horrifically. Angry that I had to clean it, I took the end-cap off without de-cocking it, resulting in the spring being ejected. I never found it. I wandered aimlessly for a few weeks, not knowing what to do or how to fix it. Back in Colorado Springs, I went to the local Goodwill. There, under the counter, was a 2000 AutoCocker. The people at the store had no idea what it was, and neither did I for a while, but I bought it anyway. That same week, a letter from Viewloader came with a new spring in it with a note saying that they felt bad for my situation with the spring and were sending me a replacement. Needless to say, I was overjoyed that I had two guns working again! I played with the AutoCocker for three or four years, learning it inside and out. A few weeks ago, I sold the old Cocker to another player who will love it as much as I did. The Triton is still working like the day I bought it, thanks to loving care for the 5 years I've had it. My arsenal includes three markers: my Tippmann A5 Transitional, my Viewloader Triton II, and a WGP Superstock. That is how I got into paintball and where my paintball journey has taken me! Now, I am an accomplished airsmith and still play whenever I can get to the field!
Thanks!
Noah

AutoCocker Builder

Last edited by 2nwyka : 02-29-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Redundancy...
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:07 PM #5
nookshooks (Banned)

sweet stories keep them comming
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 PM #6
PYROMAN

has been a member for 10 years
I did it for the Chicks, lol.
Il longest running Young Guns Tournament Series
WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET
Xtreme Fantasy Role Playing Games
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:11 PM #7
nookshooks (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
I did it for the Chicks, lol.
Ray Ray Ray...
Old 02-12-2012, 10:14 PM #8
nookshooks (Banned)

Might as well share my story. I went to my friends Birthday party at CPX Sports back in 2010. I got really hooked on it because he had a 4 98's and a Giant Forest in his backyard. We ended up falling in love with the sport and bought guns. I got a Mini in Feb of 2011. Couple times wanting to leave the sport for reasons whatever but, so glad I stayed. I ended up trying out for a team and now here i am happy then ever and ready for the 2012 season
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM #9
pbchick90
sofa kingdom

my boyfriend actually got me into paintball sometime in like august havent been playing very long but i am soo addicted its not funny lol ..and now im on a team (sofa kingdom) its great being able to work together ..i love the sport cause i love meeting new people and guys look hot in the gear lol..its just awesome lol sometimes i just want to do a sucide lol yeaaa im that addicted lol

live it love it breath it !!

go hard or go home!!

"tiffany skittles duval"
pbchick90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM #10
agurish
Tank

has been a member for 10 years
agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Having grown up in a family that hunts, I was always around "the outdoorsy type", and there were always magazines and such laying around. I first learned about paintball back in the late 80's/early 90's, but was way too young/too poor to even think about trying it. Always wanted to though, as it looked very cool. I was invited by a friend of my brother's in 1997 to go with them to one of the local fields in my parent's area. I had enough $$ for the marker rental (which included all-day CO2) and a bag of paint (500 shots). Unfortunately for the 3 of us (my bro, his friend, and I), we were the only ones on the fields that day, and there was a little rain. The Tippmann Pro-Lites we were using were antiquated, even then, but we still had a blast, and the bug that bit me then stuck. I didn't get the opportunity to go paintballing again for another 5 or 6 years (school, jobs, etc really bite into a young guy's time!), when my wife's BFF's husband asked me to go with him and a friend to a field in NJ. This time that '97 bug-bite became a full fledged fever that I haven't gotten over yet. I've been playing at least once a month (sometimes more often) steadily since 2007, and at least recreationally since 2005. I now currently own 9 markers (3 semi-s, 3 electros, 2 pumps, and a pistol), about as many masks, tanks, and pod-packs, and way too much other assorted crap to list here. Like pbchick90 says in her sig - Paintball is not just a game, it's a life... It really is.

The Ferrymen
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 PM #11
Dixie Reign 23
Patches

Dixie Reign 23 plays in the PSP
Dixie Reign 23 supports Team VICIOUS
Dixie Reign 23 supports Team VICIOUS
http://camronpaulding.blogspot.com/

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070889
Dixie Reign 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM #12
pballerkid42

pballerkid42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pballerkid42 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cousin was big into t doing tournaments going to different states and i just always wanted to play so i did at the age of 9 and quit 2 times after playing because i was using a tippman 98 costum... (DONT DO THAT TO UR KIDS PLZ)
know my cousin gave me his old equipment and at the age of 14 i have had s much interest in the sport that it seems as if i played my whole life i play just as well as some teams and i am just as good as most people who have been playing for a few years.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM #13
jcahn93
Yes, I would like a coke!

jcahn93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jcahn93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jcahn93 supports DLX Technology
jcahn93 supports Empire
in high school, my school that i moved to senior year had a team, started playing woodsball switched to speedball during summer before freshman year of college, havent shot a woodsball gun since, best memory however was when my friend was dared at an outing to run across the field naked at night acting like borat and he did! it was amazing... just thought i would share a fun memory with the nation....

Room Sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post73775748

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3749270
jcahn93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:54 AM #14
ThisWontHurt
Official MidWest Streamer

ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt posts videos on PbNation
ThisWontHurt plays in the APPA beginner division
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
First time I played I was 15 at a friends birthday party. What really got me into it though was an encounter with an Avalanche player a month later. I took a nasty shot to the lower part of my mask. After I got to the sideline a player asked if I had any gum. I apologized and he pulled a piece of Juicy Fruit from his pocket. Told me next to my mask that was the most important piece of gear he takes to the field. Haven't been to a day of play without it in 10 years.

Moral of the story: when the kids start looking up to you take them under your wing and teach them something no matter how small you think it is it might be just enough to create a baller for life.

With out this guy Nebraska might not have high school paintball. Small act had a resounding difference in the history of the sport in our state.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:40 PM #15
U_jive_turkey
Divider Of Zero

U_jive_turkey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I played once when I was 11, loved it and bought a setup when I turned 12-13. WAY more exciting than every other sport I've played.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 AM #16
eclipseninja
Desert Edge Protege

plays in the NXL
eclipseninja owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
eclipseninja owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
eclipseninja supports Team VICIOUS
I went once when I was 10 for a friends birthday party, and spent the whole time with fogged up goggles and nothing I could do about it, so I didn't really get into it then... About a year later, I tried out woodsball with a buddy, and I had a much better experience. Woodsball hooked me into the sport, and now I love every type of paintball! It's such an amazing rush, and there's no other sport like it to me!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM #17
d33v00n3h
Squirtle.

d33v00n3h owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
d33v00n3h posts videos on PbNation
d33v00n3h has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
d33v00n3h is attending Decay of Nations VI
My tendency to gravitate to expensive hobbies got me into paintball.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM #18
JamesSemaj
Comfort breeds weakness

JamesSemaj is playing at Living Legends VII
JamesSemaj owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JamesSemaj owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JamesSemaj is for the Gunfight
JamesSemaj posts videos on PbNation
JamesSemaj has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The very first time was back about 2 or 3 years ago, at a friends birthday party, when i was about 11. Before paintballing, I was kinda scared of being hit. I went laser tagging because I was afraid. But I decided to go and have fun. I had a very memorable experience to say the least.

The first time I got hit was the neck... TWICE. I, as an 11 year old, started crying in pain. I didn't go for another year, until the same friend, had another birthday party at the same place. I had a great time, AGAIN.
Next time I went was at another friend birthday party, last year at 13 years old. I rented an A-5 after doing research of the best rental guns to choose from, but the accuracy of the rental barrel was horrendous. Yet again , I had a great time.

Then I got serious. I went one more time for a going away party for my best friend who moved. I also used yet another rental, but was wanting to buy my own gun.

After summer had passed, I had bought a gun, the Tippmann A-5 for be exact off the field. I had also gotten a J&J 14", stock, remote, vest and whatnot. This time it was AMAZING! I had fallen in love! I destroyed the poor little players with awful guns.

After some more upgrades, I went a couple more times, and once again, had the best times ever! But I still wasn't upgraded with my E-grip, St!ffi, sick paintjob and new gear altogether, until now.

Next week is the most anticipated weekend of my month. Going paintballing with my new gear, capturing it on a gopro, and with real players will be amazing. I am dying to go out on the weekend with my A-5, stiffi with apex, egrip, pistol, vest and whatnot.

Thats my story.
JamesSemaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:47 PM #19
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D5 division
My cousin had been playing for years. He played paintball for his college team. One time when he came up to my house, they live about 6 hours south of me, he was describing the sport to me and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. He showed me a couple bruises that would seem like pin pricks now a days, but back then looked like a purple cannon ball on his stomach. After that visit I wanted to play. It took me a while to convince my parents, but for my tenth birthday I went paintballin. I got hooked. I have been playing rec for almost five years. I have my first tournament this weekend. Which is a big coincidence because my first tournament will be the five year anniversary of my first time playing paintball.
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM #20
WTF is Paintball
52nd Swag Monsta Gang

WTF is Paintball is playing at Living Legends V
WTF is Paintball posts videos on PbNation
WTF is Paintball plays in the APPA beginner division
WTF is Paintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WTF is Paintball has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WTF is Paintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
WTF is Paintball is attending Decay of Nations VI
My compulsive order to spend every penny I make.

WTF is Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:27 PM #21
Austin7

a time where i can go and take my anger out on people.
Austin7 is offline   Reply With Quote