Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 AM #1
Derpy_Pillow
Hi I'm Derpy

Derpy_Pillow is playing at Living Legends VII
Derpy_Pillow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Derpy_Pillow plays in the APPA beginner division
Derpy_Pillow has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
New Geo 3 or Used Luxe

I'm saving up for a new gun. Not sure how to go about this. Any opinions?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2014, 09:45 AM #2
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
I definitely prefer the way the Luxe shoots, but not sure if it's enough for me to get over the fact that I find it quite uncomfortable. The Geo 3 is how the Geo 1 SHOULD have been, finally has performance close to on par with a Luxe...so I think I might take that.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:47 PM #3
Mr. Stealthy

I would buy used both ways. I just recently switched to a Luxe 2.0 from a Geo 3 and I loved both guns. Here are some pros and cons to each. Both have been 100% reliable in my time owning them while maintaining them at their directed intervals.

The Luxes shot is a little smoother and quieter. The gun is both a bit longer and slightly heavier than the Geo 3 and has very very good ergonomics with the molded front grip section. The bolt and eyes can be serviced without the need of any tools which is super convenient if your break paint or even just for end of the day cleaning. The high pressure regulator is a little more difficult to get into than the Geo 3's, but it doesn't need maintenance very often. The ASA on the marker is nice for a screw in ASA, but not quite as nice as the POPS on the Geo 3. The feedneck is excellent as is the trigger on the gun. The board is very nice for a non-screen board with every adjustment a person could want. I still prefer a screen, but talking board makes changing settings on the field pretty easy. You will want to wipe off and re-lube the bolt system prior to each day of play to prevent any sort of bolt stick or other issues but this is a pretty quick task with the quick bolt removal.

The Geo 3 is very light weight and an overall workhorse. Maintenance is almost completely tooless (need allens for the eye covers) and the gun doesn't require very frequent maintenance to stay running great. The bolt system is a bit less convenient to remove as you have to unscrew it by hand (oh the horror!) but it doesn't need to be done as often. The regulator can be disassembled almost entirely by hand. The gun is pretty short overall when compared against the Luxe. The ASA (probably the best design out), trigger and feedneck are all excellent. The shot quality as said above is not quite as good but no slouch either. I like the LCD board on Eclipse guns a lot and they have every adjustment a person could ever want.

The deciding factor for me was the ergonomics of the gun. I found the Geo 3 a little too short and the front regulator section a bit uncomfortable (very thin). The latter complaint has been addressed with the new 3.1 and its comfy rubber front section. The Luxe just feels awesome in the hands and your connection to the marker feels very seemless. It also has a very very nice shot feel which is always a plus. Best thing I could say is hold both and go with what feels best in your hands.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:09 PM #4
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
X2 to what is said above.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:53 PM #5
Derpy_Pillow
Hi I'm Derpy

Derpy_Pillow is playing at Living Legends VII
Derpy_Pillow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Derpy_Pillow plays in the APPA beginner division
Derpy_Pillow has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow thanks for that awesome reply. After looking through your message I think I'm convinced on the geo 3. I'm a little smaller and I think the geo grips would fit me better, since I like the lighter guns. You can't go wrong with a new geo 3! Again thanks for the reply definitely interested in a geo now. I can't stop saying geo.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:43 PM #6
Melon Bands
**WARNING** I PLAY PUMP

Geo is a great choice!

Make sure you check out cnoddings YouTube video how to tune it in order to get it shooting at its best.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:17 PM #7
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
PE, BL cant go wrong.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote