PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 PM #22
KC_baller
B.I.A. ho!

has been a member for 10 years
If they did it like the UAPL rage in the cage thing i wouldnt waste 10 minutes of my life to watch it....if they actually put on an X-ball match in the x-games it probably would be pretty good for the sport but IMO i dont think paintball should be part of the X-games because of the fact that it isnt like skateboarding, snowboarding, bmx, moto-x or whatever else because there is little risk involved when you play so it just doesnt fit the profile of a sport in the x-games.
Residing in the 417 but 913/H816 at heart.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2006, 06:51 PM #23
risingchaos
Stankin Nugs

risingchaos is a Paintball photographer
risingchaos supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockImpulse101
The X-Games is for single participints(Ie: Skateboarding, BMX, etc.). It is not a team sport competition.
Actually the surfing part of the X-Games is a team competition. East vs. West.

Maybe an East vs. West form of paintball.
ZHays Design - Graphic Design | Photography
Old 08-07-2006, 06:53 PM #24
dumberkid06
GATproducts.com

id love to see it in the x-games, but i doubt they would let it in and i doubt it would fit in with the rest of the competions.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:42 PM #25
StockImpulse101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNARKILL!
hahah so true. its like all quiet cause someones going to do a flip then next to them you hear go go go go and guns going off hahaha
HAHA!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM #26
StockImpulse101

Paintball is a game of its own. Its not a true sport, its not an extreme sport...Its just...It.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:54 PM #27
Nahthan

Quote:
It could have a chance in the olympics, if they werent so conservitive about it.
Which is why they're/were considering video games .

In either case, I do not believe that paintball should be in the X-Games.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:54 PM #28
Redzballer31

Quote:
Paintball is a game of its own. Its not a true sport, its not an extreme sport...Its just...It.
WHAT!! how is paintball by any stretch of the imagination not a true sport, it takes athletic players, there are rules, an objection, a winner and a loser
Old 08-07-2006, 07:57 PM #29
Redzballer31

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingchaos
Actually the surfing part of the X-Games is a team competition. East vs. West.

Maybe an East vs. West form of paintball.
thanks for that, you further prove my point like about teams

ant btw since when does surfing offer serious dangerther than the normal dangers of being in the ocean and swimming?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 PM #30
StockImpulse101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzballer31
WHAT!! how is paintball by any stretch of the imagination not a true sport, it takes athletic players, there are rules, an objection, a winner and a loser
Because its not a conventional sport. Its weird. The "extreme sports" have athletic players, rules, objective*, and winners and losers, and thier not considerd sports. Same with golf (Golf is not a damn sport). You can call it a sport, i call it a sport. But i dont view it as a sport as football and baseball and basketball. And its better that way. Relax and be proud you not part of one of those sports.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:06 PM #31
StockImpulse101

Quote:
thanks for that, you further prove my point like about teams

ant btw since when does surfing offer serious dangerther than the normal dangers of being in the ocean and swimming?
Well other then drowning, falling off the board at a high speed and getting a concussion(Hitting watter at a high speed has ben compared to hitting concrete) along with i dont know, rip tides and sharks? Nothing much i guess.

Oh and BTW, a team sport is considerd multiple players playing against eachother simoultaniously.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 PM #32
Redzballer31

Quote:
Well other then drowning, falling off the board at a high speed and getting a concussion(Hitting watter at a high speed has ben compared to hitting concrete) along with i dont know, rip tides and sharks? Nothing much i guess.

Oh and BTW, a team sport is considerd multiple players playing against eachother simoultaniously.
one) surfers do not obtain high enough speeds to get a concussion except like in hawaii on twenty foot swells (i wakeboard i know what it is like)

two) i said besides the obvios dangers of swimming in the ocean ie. drowning, riptides, sharks(rare) etc.

three)where in the book of rules of the world did it say xtreme sports could nat also be team sports?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:25 PM #33
StockImpulse101

Quote:
one) surfers do not obtain high enough speeds to get a concussion except like in hawaii on twenty foot swells (i wakeboard i know what it is like)

two) i said besides the obvios dangers of swimming in the ocean ie. drowning, riptides, sharks(rare) etc.

three)where in the book of rules of the world did it say xtreme sports could nat also be team sports?
So if you're so confident email the X-Games(as its been done before and they answerd that it is a team sport) and ask them why they dont put paintball in. Regardless of the "abvious dangers" those dangers are incresed when you further out and trying to stand on a thin board riding a wave. There is no rulebook, its the way it is, paintball is NOT extreme. You cannot die from paintball more then you can die from football. People want to watch skateboarding on a halfpipe or bmx biking, not paintball, its not exciting to them. Every other jump on a half pipe can be your last paintball: you get a welt...Ahh. Run. A welt. its not extreme, it never will be in the X-Games, nor will it be in the olympics. PS: Your saying a surfer never recived a concussion?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:26 PM #34
StockImpulse101

How about falling off a board and hitting your head on the board. But no, because its never happend to you, it cant happen.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 PM #35
Redzballer31

ok say paintball will probably never be in the x-games but dont people dont die in football, it happens
Old 08-07-2006, 09:00 PM #36
StockImpulse101

Quote:
ok say paintball will probably never be in the x-games but dont people dont die in football, it happens
...?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 PM #37
Redzballer31

i meant "dont say people dont die in football cause it happens"
Old 08-08-2006, 05:25 PM #38
Rataz101
proud owner of a life

if there was a problem with teams, they could do a top gun 1 on 1 type deal. those are fun to watch.
7th Element Eyes---360 QEV---Shocktech B.o.B. Body
10" Freak Kit---L7 bolt---Empire Revvy w/ Crown
Old 08-09-2006, 10:00 AM #39
Redzballer31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rataz101
if there was a problem with teams, they could do a top gun 1 on 1 type deal. those are fun to watch.
that would be awesome

i would love to see ollie trying to live up to the standards the pb world has set for him
Old 08-10-2006, 10:50 AM #40
roflcakes

roflcakes supports Team VICIOUS
no
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM #41
iplaypaintball100

Quote:
that makes no sence zakk paintballl should be in the x-game its the most played exterma sport played on earth
Old 08-10-2006, 12:23 PM #42
AJS_

It would be nice to see paintball included in a huge compition like the X-Games, but it's true, it won't happen. Be truthfull, I love the game but it really isnt as extreme as the sports that the X-Games showcase. You dont hear of someone breaking anything other than if they have a bad dive or somthing. Dont get me wrong, I'd like to see paintball get even bigger and more on T.V. But i dont think it will happen with either the X-Games or the Olimpics.