Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2016, 12:03 AM #1555
Astronic

GoG eXTCy or Dye Rize

So, I just made the switch form airsoft to paintball, and want a intermediate to highend marker (not a tippmann 98 custom basically). I want to be cost-effective, but should I go with a GoG eXTCy or a DYE/Proto Rize (or any of its variants like the Maxxed)? I feel like the DYE is what I'm leaning towards, but what do you guys think? I'm also looking at the invert/empire mini series (which one is the best? G.S., F.S., S.E.) and am wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to it. Thanks.

Last edited by Astronic : 06-01-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Astronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2016, 04:50 AM #1556
Hounds33

Hounds33 supports DLX Technology
Hounds33 supports Shocker RSX
Hounds33 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronic View Post
So, I just made the switch form airsoft to paintball, and want a intermediate to highend marker (not a tippmann 98 custom basically). I want to be cost-effective, but should I go with a GoG eXTCy or a DYE/Proto Rize (or any of its variants like the Maxxed)? I feel like the DYE is what I'm leaning towards, but what do you guys think? I'm also looking at the invert/empire mini series (which one is the best? G.S., F.S., S.E.) and am wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to it. Thanks.
I would suggest a GTEK or an ETHA. Dye markers from my experience are temperamental and require more maintenance time. Mini series isn't bad, the marker itself is just a little to small for my liking and the stock barrel sucks. I'd suggest an Etha, GTEK, or an axe.
Hounds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:53 AM #1557
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

is playing at Dead Legends
safariguy5 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
safariguy5 plays in the APPA D5 division
safariguy5 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
safariguy5 supports Ninja Paintball
safariguy5 supports Empire
If you like stacked tube poppets, a G6R or Etek 5 are also good choices.
Infinite Resistance #21

Bay Area Blacklist

Sour Apple Gtek 160R for sale
safariguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:47 PM #1558
beginnerguy121

Hi everyone.
I´m just starting out playing paintball. I´ve been playing a few times with friends and I´m now considering buying my own gun. I´ve basically no idea what marker to buy. I´ve set myself a budget of ~$350. Can i get a good marker for that price? If so, what marker do you guys recommend. I found this website on marker reviews: https://paintimpact.com/best-paintball-gun/.
Do you guys think this site is legit? Do they have any good information?
I appreciate the answers!
beginnerguy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:19 PM #1559
brownbeast83
Fury Road!

brownbeast83 is playing at Living Legends VII
brownbeast83 is playing at Living Legends VIII
brownbeast83 is playing at Living Legends IX
brownbeast83 is playing at Living Legends X
Viking or Excalibur?
brownbeast83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:58 AM #1560
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

The first thing you should get when you invest in equipment is a good mask. Something that doesn't fog (probably dual paned) and fits comfortably. Not to mention you'll need a HPA tank and a hopper as well.

But if I were looking for something at about 350, an Axe would be a good solid starter option.
Infinite Resistance #21

Bay Area Blacklist

Old 06-22-2016, 10:55 AM #1561
Graysonj5

Graysonj5 supports Ninja Paintball
Ego 11 or the Geo 3.0??
Graysonj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 PM #1562
mkong91

first timer

Trying to look for a good gun for about 200-250.. any suggestions new or old? I've seen a g4 used for about 200 good buy?
mkong91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:17 PM #1563
Hounds33

Hounds33 supports DLX Technology
Hounds33 supports Shocker RSX
Hounds33 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkong91 View Post
Trying to look for a good gun for about 200-250.. any suggestions new or old? I've seen a g4 used for about 200 good buy?
I would stay away from DP products as I've seen nothing but trouble with them. I'd advise an Etha or Axe as they have companys that will stand by their products.
Hounds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:12 AM #1564
mkong91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounds33 View Post
I would stay away from DP products as I've seen nothing but trouble with them. I'd advise an Etha or Axe as they have companys that will stand by their products.

what about the photo rize?
mkong91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 AM #1565
Ian_12
Midwest Hustle

Getting back into paintball. I only played a little and just woodsball when I was young. Watched a lot of speedball over the years and thought be fun to get back into it and try speedball. So I'm not looking to spend much since I won't play a lot. My choices are.......

Dye DM9
Proto PM7 (actually new)
Dangerous Power Fusion FX

I've done a lot of research and it usually seems it is more personal preferences. Seeing as I can't get out to try these guns, I get to weed through other opinions to average out. I like Dye/Proto because it's Dye quality. Dangerous Power is a new one to me, but their engineering and quality seems very good. I like a lot of things on the DP, saying that sounds dirty, but Dye keeps pulling me back. The DM9, to me, just needs a barrel kit to fine tune. The DP will need a new bolt and ram to possibly make it the way I want, maybe barrel kit too. So looking for more feedback to help out.
Ian_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:45 PM #1566
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

The Dangerous Power stuff can have some quality control issues. My buddy had a DM9 and they're great guns. A little heavier and bulkier than what you'd find now, but if all you need is a barrel kit, the DM9 will do great in just about any type of game.
Infinite Resistance #21

Bay Area Blacklist

Old 07-11-2016, 01:35 PM #1567
EpicPaintballPark

has been a member for 10 years
EpicPaintballPark supports Ninja Paintball
great sleeper marker would be a BL insight NG if you lube it after you play it should give you very awesome gun around the $350 mark
Randall Coles (Panther) owner of Epic Paintball Park, 9420 West I-40 Service Road, OKC OK 73128. www.epicpaintballpark.com 405-679-3742 (EPIC) facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epic-Paintb...1230984982563/
EpicPaintballPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:20 AM #1568
trickynicky3

09 pmr or G3?
trickynicky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:01 PM #1569
IPB516681

has been a member for 10 years
IPB516681 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
07 ego or invert mini?
IPB516681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:22 AM #1570
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

I like the mini personally, but it does run on the smaller side, so if you're a bigger guy, might not be very comfortable.
Infinite Resistance #21

Bay Area Blacklist

Old 08-30-2016, 09:55 PM #1571
Fosterk33

Fosterk33 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Fosterk33 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Fosterk33 owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Used markers

Any thoughts on getting a bob long g6r? or a vanquish 2.0 for slightly more?
Fosterk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:41 PM #1572
bendertheoffender

I've been out of the game for a little while, some manufacturers may have come or gone, or been bought out and merged. so I am curious what you and your friends are shooting and swear by.

poppets are new territory for me, what's the deal? I've heard that they are jumpy and noisy. Is it negligible or does it play a more significant factor?

Top 2 marker picks for poppet and spool might prove helpful for me. it would also be helpful if the candidates are sub $500 and can still be found totally new.

Thanks in advance.
bendertheoffender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:05 AM #1573
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosterk33 View Post
Any thoughts on getting a bob long g6r? or a vanquish 2.0 for slightly more?
The g6r is a solid marker. Once you get the pressure set, it will be very smooth, extremely efficient, and quite reliable.

The vanquish is a good marker as well and empire has a very good warranty program. It is very easy to maintain with the one key and you get a full barrel kit.

If you want a poppet for a good price, the g6r is a winner. If you want a spool, the vanquish 2.0 is good, but I feel there are better options for the same price or cheaper. Also depends on how much you are looking to spend.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 AM #1574
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendertheoffender View Post
I've been out of the game for a little while, some manufacturers may have come or gone, or been bought out and merged. so I am curious what you and your friends are shooting and swear by.

poppets are new territory for me, what's the deal? I've heard that they are jumpy and noisy. Is it negligible or does it play a more significant factor?

Top 2 marker picks for poppet and spool might prove helpful for me. it would also be helpful if the candidates are sub $500 and can still be found totally new.

Thanks in advance.
Older poppers were louder and not as smooth, but more efficient, while spools were smooth, but not efficient. With guns now, most players don't need the super efficiency of poppets unless you play some serious laning game or do big scenario events since most spools are plenty efficient enough (my dm9 can easily get 8 pods and hopper from a 68 and I never shoot that much). Poppets are also usually easier to maintain since they have less dynamic Orings. There are also two types of poppet valve markers; stacked tube and inline.

The top poppet marker right now is probably the planet eclipse lv1, which is the most recent ego. Only pe, Bob long, and empire really make poppet markers. Bob long markers are more in line style and get good reviews, but most players are not familiar with them to go into details, myself included, so the best award is up to debate and opinions.

The best spool is highly contested as well. There are a lot of different designs and different companies promote different aspects of their guns to those who like them. The planet eclipse Geo series is decently smooth, very simple in design and maintain, and pretty efficient. The dlx Luxe promotes the smoothest shot. The Macdev clone series looks to have the smoothest shot and high efficiency, but can be more tedious with performance. The dye dm series is the only spool to have a low pressure reg along with a high pressure, so it can balance the shot. There are also a lot of mid range spools (and some poppets) that perform very well, but just don't have all the fancy stuff that the high ends have.

Hopes this helps some. For some new guns in the 500 range, the empire axe for a poppet is a solid choice. The Macdev drone 2 is a good spool in that range. If you can go to 550, planet eclipse has the gtek spool and the etek5 poppet, which I feel would be better choices.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:29 AM #1575
safariguy5
Bear Cavalry

Back in the day, poppets were more reliable and spools had less kick. At this point, spools are almost as reliable as poppets and both are pretty smooth. Mostly comes down to personal preference, although the old school stacked tube poppet design seems to be less popular these days.
Infinite Resistance #21

Bay Area Blacklist