Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:48 PM #22
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
so i decided i am going to run my q2's until they melt (a few trackdays plus race school), then i am going to run bridgestone bt003 race tires the rest of the season. they are only about $300 a set and my race org sells them so i can get them mounted for free.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2012, 03:14 PM #23
UglyDuckGizmo

UglyDuckGizmo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
One thing I have learned in this hobby: Factor in a couple hundred bucks extra in case of a crash, and bring spares.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:39 PM #24
leed

leed is a Moderator
Add me add me add me!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:44 PM #25
dudeus000
Bloody Wanker

dudeus000 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
you sure? i've used random master links on random chains before. sounds to me like you're being the type of sales guy that says "well, the computer says so." hope you got the guy his master link.

time to come up with a way to get my dirty *** carbs cleaned off. hopefully my mom doesn't come home, something tells me she's not going to approve of putting my carbs in our pots haha.
Berryman's Carb dib is the best. You can buy it at walmart or auto zone. Comes with a basket to dip the carbs into the jug. Just make sure you completely disassemble the carbs with no plastic or orings still on it. Dip all the metal parts from each carb in for 24 hours at a time. And while you're at it, re-jet for your pods, and buy new orings. Your bike will run much better.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 PM #26
UglyDuckGizmo

****. pod. filters.

wont make any more power

will create headaches, or will run like it did stock at best except you'll lost all your midrange power.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 PM #27
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Add me add me add me!
What year is the two fitty?
Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 PM #28
binaryterror
Static?

does anyone know of any videos of people on the track with insanely good riders (pro, etc.) and have them be passed by them? i have always wanted to see just how much faster the fastest guys are compared to a fast club racer.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-19-2012, 04:15 PM #29
zoink (Banned)

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
There's a video of these guys in NESBA A-group riding VIR at a pretty good pace and one of the control riders comes blasing past the camera bike like he's sitting still. I've seen it a few times but can't find it anymore, wish I could. Maybe Austin knows the one I'm talking about.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM #30
leed

leed is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
What year is the two fitty?
Two thousand and 9!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM #31
binaryterror
Static?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink View Post
There's a video of these guys in NESBA A-group riding VIR at a pretty good pace and one of the control riders comes blasing past the camera bike like he's sitting still. I've seen it a few times but can't find it anymore, wish I could. Maybe Austin knows the one I'm talking about.
videos like what you're describing is exactly what im looking for!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM #32
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Two thousand and 9!
You're on the list nao.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 PM #33
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

i posted in the last thread about riding boots.. if i go for a full boot over a shorty is it going to be something i can function in once i get off the bike? id like to have something that i ride habitually, because i know once summer comes around ill be tempted to just ride in sneakers. i feel like if i have a shorty ill be more likely to ride in that all the time... or is a short boot not really functional either?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:31 PM #34
UglyDuckGizmo

Joe rocket super street. I love mine. comfy enough to walk around in to get to class/work and have crash tested them and they work pretty well.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:51 PM #35
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

i might try and get on the track this year with my bike.. would a shorty like that be allowed or will they require a full race boot?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:56 PM #36
zoink (Banned)

NESBA requires "motorcycle-specific boots" but doesn't say anything about length. I personally don't think I'd ride on the track without a full boot. Too easy to **** up your ankle in a crash, even with full boots.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:16 PM #37
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

true true.. got this a few weeks ago..
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM #38
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
You're on the list nao.
still haven't updated me

2004 sv650n

Quote:
Originally Posted by teen View Post
i posted in the last thread about riding boots.. if i go for a full boot over a shorty is it going to be something i can function in once i get off the bike? id like to have something that i ride habitually, because i know once summer comes around ill be tempted to just ride in sneakers. i feel like if i have a shorty ill be more likely to ride in that all the time... or is a short boot not really functional either?
It depends. It's always a compromise between off bike comfort and best protection. Personally, my Setup boots are decent enough off the bike. I won't be running a marathon but I can walk around just fine. I'm an ATGATT type of person though. While I try and find comfortable stuff, I'd rather be more protected than more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teen View Post
i might try and get on the track this year with my bike.. would a shorty like that be allowed or will they require a full race boot?
Depends on the organization, but I'd get a full boot anyways. I'm definitely thinking about a track day this year, finally. I'm finally in a secure place where I can afford one without needing to save for weeks lol

brought my suit to the tailors, got my fingers crossed. I know I can find *someone* who can replace the zipper, but I hope they can do it so I don't have to drag it all over town.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:35 PM #39
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

OHSHI-

My bad hsilman, I'll get right on that.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 PM #40
binaryterror
Static?

found these on wera. should i buy them or are they ****ty?

http://weraclassifieds.com/ads/dmp-s...-tire-warmers/

Old 01-19-2012, 08:50 PM #41
zoink (Banned)

from kawiforums

Quote:
Ok just to ease your mind, and i know its a redesigned engine but i have an 00 ZX6r with 127,000 miles on it, and the bike was raced in ccs for the 10,000 of its life, i have done nothing to it but spark plugs and routine maintenence
O_O
Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM #42
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

What else would need to be done besides routine maintenance? Other than the obvious, checking screws to make sure they're tight and such. Keep in mind our ideas of routine maintenance are probably different.
Closed Thread