PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM #22
PYROMAN

has been a member for 10 years
Trust me, nobody likes paying $90 for a case. When I started playing many years ago, paint was $135 per case, at a field that didnt have much to offer.
The nicer the facility, the more the overhead and the more the initial cost. Because of that, they need to generate as much money as possible to keep things running. Its not like Ray is having new gold teeth put in each week and driving his Bentley to the field every day. In general, paintball business is an expensive sport, in every aspect.
If you want X BALL back at CPX, plan on paying even more when you play. Not just team guys, EVERYONE. And trust me when I say this; If they offered four different levels of paint, with the prices of $60, $70, $80, and $90 per case, how many cases of paint do you really think they would sell at the $89-$90 level? Very few to none.

And when you make a statement such as "I'm not an idiot, so don't make me out to be one", well, then I really dont think I need to make any comment, you made it for me.

I like CPX and have played there many times. I have seen, played at, and hosted games at hundreds of fields all over the U.S. CPX is (Or was) by far the pinacle of paintball for the first few years. The quality of paint, internet sales, and the change in paintball in general has hurt the industry tremendously over the past few years. Because the quality of paint was poor, the suppliers worked to make a much better product, which ends up costing the consumer more money.
Not a cheap sport, yet we still all love to shoot each other every weekend. CPX is still one of three major top fields in Illinois. Support the fields, dont shop at the mass merchants and online, and prices will only increase with standard economic inflation. If we keep doing what has been done for the past few years, well, then everyone can plan on paying even more money to play each week.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2008, 06:09 PM #23
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

daniel t. crunch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
daniel t. crunch supports Team VICIOUS
pyro, 100% rite. cpx when they first opened was the premier place in the WORLD. BAR NONE.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM #24
PYROMAN

WOW, Garrett will do anything to buy his friends. Works for me, Ill be there!!

Your my new BFF!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 PM #25
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

lol, when george ran the place it reeked of hookers and bookies.

butttt it is about a million times better since then. no one steals anything, no more than anywhere else, the turf isnt bad, people bonus ball everywhere.

im all for outdoor paintball, but when it is like playing in the wave pool, puttin baggies over your hopper and barrel and such, that is just poopoo.

that andddddddddd the majority of pballers who play rec arent gunna go spend $100+ to mudwrestle with 4 v 3 games cause thats how many people will prob show up.

clp. stinger. warm, dry, love.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 AM #26
PYROMAN

Fun day of play on Sunday! I dont get out much, and there werent many people there, but me and my daughter had a great time. The Staff/Ref's really werent into it, but the players that were there made the games fun and interesting. Not to cold out either, and with all the other fields being closed that day, there should have been ALOT more players out there playing ball.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:24 AM #27
beenbannedb4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyre09 View Post
alright. heres the word from a cpx employee. the prices suck. thats why we dont play there. there not gonna get any better and there probably not gonna get worse. thats just how they are. The x-ball field has been brought up by myself and many other employees on several occasions. its probably not gonna happen. get over it. CPX is somewhere to go and enjoy a day of lazy play, bring a sibling or a significant other. dont come to practice your d2 xball because thats not the type of atmosphere we want at the park. On the subject of the beginning of games, we dont take 40 minutes. we usually take around ten to fifteen to get chronoed and wait for stragglers. i dont like doing it anymore than any of the players do because i know how much it sucks going to play and having to hurry up and wait. those radios we carry around with us are connected to our bosses and they let us know when to go and when to wait. when the word comes down, we go. now, if you have any more questions, concerns, or comments about the park, theres this thread and my inbox. you can raech me at both. have fun and hope to see you soon enjoying a day of play here at cpx sports. have a damn good day folks.
This is a better way to defend the style of cpx. I understand now that cpx wants to keep a lax enviorment.
beenbannedb4? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:30 AM #28
beenbannedb4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL MINI0N View Post
and im not a cpx employee. i have a real job that pays for my house and car and my own paintball stuff
ha the spelling, thats what i get for T9 on my phone guess i should check
You corrected grammer.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 AM #29
ziggy188

ziggy188 plays in the PSP
ziggy188 is playing at Living Legends III
ziggy188 supports Team VICIOUS
ziggy188 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
You corrected grammer.
im just saying this, i know evil minion and he does use the internet on his phone when he isnt able to get to a computer which is why his grammar was crap,

soooo, anyone on here going to living legends in may since its at cpx?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:33 PM #30
EVIL MINI0N
BIG D

Thank you for the

One for you
EVIL MINI0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:48 PM #31
helloproto12
Rimkus

helloproto12 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
helloproto12 is playing at Living Legends III
helloproto12 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost492 View Post
Hi CPX Employee!
haha yea
helloproto12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:55 PM #32
helloproto12
Rimkus

plays in the NXL
but yea even if they put up an X-ball field, nobody would play on it if paint is $90 a case... theres too much shooting in x-ball
Old 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM #33
helloproto12
Rimkus

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenbannedb4? View Post
You corrected grammer.
wow, you are the one who is correcting everyone's grammar... you cant even spell grammar right
Old 12-30-2008, 05:45 PM #34
beenbannedb4?

Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 PM #35
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Empyre09 plays in the PSP
Empyre09 supports Team VICIOUS
Empyre09 supports our troops
Empyre09 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Pyroman, I don't blame people for not coming if there was no answer to the phone. There's no way I would go either. Maybe it's just common sense to me that the park would be open. Were open through all the worst rannsom weather we can get. Sorry to all if I came out a little like an *******. And yes, beenbannedb4, we do try as hard as we can (or at least I do) to keep a lax, yet fun environment at CPX. Hope to see some of you guys this weekend.
Empyre09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 PM #36
Aggressive SportShop
S. Chicago Paintball BST!

Aggressive SportShop is playing at Living Legends III
Aggressive SportShop owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aggressive SportShop supports Sherwood Forest
Aggressive SportShop supports Sherwood Forest
We hear from alot of the recreational players in the Chicagoland Area and we mean ALOT ! The # 1 complaint we hear about CPX is the lack of Quality reffing. Laziness yes but mostly the "40 minute break" thing is what we hear. Especially from private groups, even noob's complain about how they couldn't find the referee anywhere ?

Quality reffing = sweet tips = more revenue = more fun = more revenue.

The days of quality reffing by family like staff are over. Most fields have similair problems. I miss the old days.

They do have super sweet fields so I guess it's worth the hassle, stay on those ref's !!
Aggressive SportShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:03 PM #37
violent
capt. Jay

Paul over at CPX is a cool dude

I played there last summer and had a blast. I have to admit I love playing in those scenario fields, and that field with all the junk cars is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

I think that the price is a bit high, but it is justified by the facility. A real parking lot, bathrooms, and the coolest scenario fields. It is worth it for the players who want to take the day and just have fun playing paintball

Chicago Conmen

The Badlandz
violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:47 PM #38
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

Violent, that is exactly what were trying to maintain at Cpx.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:33 PM #39
CALLmeSANCHEZ
MW

CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the PSP
CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the APPA beginner division
CALLmeSANCHEZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post
Oh, and Im assuming you werent around when CPX first opened. CPX had one of the best Tournament fields in Illinois when Justin and Forest first opened up.That place had HUGE potential with tournaments, open play, BMX/Skateboarding, and the mountain bike course.
Times have changed. Bringing X BALL back to CPX wont change anything, including the price of paint.
qft. i was around when it first opened and the hyperball fields were pretty ****in awesome.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM #40
CALLmeSANCHEZ
MW

CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the PSP
CALLmeSANCHEZ plays in the APPA beginner division
CALLmeSANCHEZ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
change your tampon. i wasn't bashing you, i was supporting your statement.. Maybe you should try to comprehend what people mean before you go ranting.

and they never play the hyperball field they have anyways.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:55 PM #41
daniel t. crunch
tomwagz 2k1

^they dont play it becuase when the average rec player goes to play paintball they think woods, forts, towns, cars.

hills field. challenge cup. till the wheels fall off.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 AM #42
Empyre09
Sec. Gen. of Awesome

We don't play our hyperball field because it's almost impossible to get the average number of open players onto that field safely, let alone with them having enough space to play a decent game of paintball. It's made for approx. 3 players, with a decent to almost jam packed with a 7 man line. Well have an average of 20-25 players on the open games we take out. Now, in the winter, we play that field significantly more, because we have a smaller amount of players, and it's easier to yet them on the field.
ReplyRegional Ups