HBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 PM #86
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
for creative lighting
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 PM #87
HBlack

I found a composer for this. ****in right.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:06 PM #88
pee_in_the_pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littering_and View Post
man. wtf kind of school project allows this?
pee_in_the_pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 PM #89
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

a kickass one.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 PM #90
HBlack

An awesome one, yeah. I'm not even going to get any marks out of the zombie movie I'm scripting at the moment because I doubt they'd let me hand it in.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:40 AM #91
Crises of Perception

Question: I'm looking to get my dad a camcorder/camera/whatever-the-****-you-call-those-things-that-record-movement. Budget is anywhere between $500-1000. I'd like to know what to look for when buying and also any suggests as to the best bang for my buck within that price range.

Last edited by Crises of Perception : 12-21-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Crises of Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:20 AM #92
HBlack

What's he going to be doing with it? If he isn't going to be editing, I'd get him an HV20 or similar canon HD camera (take your choice of DVD, miniDV or HDD) that he can hook up directly to his HDTV.

If he wants to edit it, HD might be an unnecessary hassle. Check camcorderinfo.com for what they recommend.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:22 AM #93
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
I wish you the best of luck with your zombie film Justin. Its kind of a tough sell normally, but you just gotta do it anyways. Or, pitch a different project and make the zombie flick.

If its a good movie, with good technical elements, and they won't let you hand it it, tell them to **** themselves. A movie is a movie. Since you're in school, the technical elements should matter more than subject matter. You're not getting marked on popularity, are you?

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:54 PM #94
Crises of Perception

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBlack View Post
What's he going to be doing with it? If he isn't going to be editing, I'd get him an HV20 or similar canon HD camera (take your choice of DVD, miniDV or HDD) that he can hook up directly to his HDTV.

If he wants to edit it, HD might be an unnecessary hassle. Check camcorderinfo.com for what they recommend.
It's just for home videos and what not, I just want something with a good quality image, dependable, and just easy to use, he's not much of a technological buff...

Thanks for the site, I'll take a look.
Crises of Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:31 PM #95
HBlack

Thanks fatty. This shoot, by my standards at least, is going to be intense. I'm going to be shooting it on an HVR-V1U, buying breakaway glass, renting a prop pistol, and (hopefully) casting adult actors. I'm hoping for a one day shoot, with a final product about 4-5 minutes long. Should be finished the script and storyboarding by mid January, and depending on how long casting takes I want to shoot in late February.

Any advice on acquiring a prop gun? I'm yet to find an airsoft gun that looks good enough, so I assume renting is the way to go for a good replica.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:51 AM #96
mitch likes pumps
inactive

Hey guys

What are ups and the downs to hard drive disk?

Thanks!
mitch likes pumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:33 PM #97
HBlack

It's faster to upload to your computer.

There's no way to archive footage apart from taking up lots of your computer's hard drive space, and if you fill up your camera's hard drive while shooting you're pretty screwed.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:06 PM #98
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
Buy some airsoft guns on eBay from the US. You can get 2 electro berettas with slide action for like $25-30 shipped I believe. I'm not sure how strict the border is on airsoft guns (probably pretty strict), but it's worth it for what you get if they make it through. You'll have two pretty slick looking guns with a moving slide, you just gotta add a muzzle flash and maybe a shell ejecting.

Or, goto canadian tire and buy the transparent airsoft rifles and paint them in a matte black. I've seen them painted, they can look quite good.

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Fatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:51 PM #99
HBlack

I'm going for absolute realism on this one. I already have an air gun that looks pretty good, but whatever I use has to be able to maintain realism in a close up. I think I'm going to try slowly proposing the idea of using a real unloaded pistol to my dad and see how that goes. I found a site with some pretty good pre-keyed muzzle flash and smoke, so I'll probably buy some of their stock footage.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:12 PM #100
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBlack View Post
Thanks fatty. This shoot, by my standards at least, is going to be intense. I'm going to be shooting it on an HVR-V1U, buying breakaway glass, renting a prop pistol, and (hopefully) casting adult actors. I'm hoping for a one day shoot, with a final product about 4-5 minutes long. Should be finished the script and storyboarding by mid January, and depending on how long casting takes I want to shoot in late February.

Any advice on acquiring a prop gun? I'm yet to find an airsoft gun that looks good enough, so I assume renting is the way to go for a good replica.
Could always buy a blank firing prop gun. they aren't cheap, but you'll always have it for other films.

http://www.stage-props-blank-guns.co...p-1-c-166.html
Old 12-22-2007, 09:14 PM #101
HBlack

Those are very cheap for what they are. Problem is, they're impossible to buy in Canada and if I wanted to rent one it would cost around $500 over the rental cost to hire a police officer and special effects guy to supervise.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:17 PM #102
Sacintimidator06
Obey Propaganda

Drive to the US to shoot that part.
Sacintimidator06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:55 PM #103
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

lol ****. I even noticed that it said "we can't ship to canada"

Forgot that you came from the frozen lands.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:08 AM #104
OrbitalDeath127

OrbitalDeath127 is an NCPA player
OrbitalDeath127 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Could always buy a blank firing prop gun. they aren't cheap, but you'll always have it for other films.

http://www.stage-props-blank-guns.co...p-1-c-166.html
That site is sweet as hell! I bookmarked it in case I may need something in the future. Thanks for posting it .
Old 12-23-2007, 12:32 AM #105
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

I'm considering ordering one for photoshoots.

and for fun