PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-07-2008, 03:43 PM #22
XSycloneX

has been a member for 10 years
i've heard that rumor from numerous people, but have never been able to get a hold of any of these supposed club / team guys.
there was a guy, i think his name is Chris, that went to Eastern and did some work for the PSP and NCPA, but i don't think there was ever a club or team there.
but if i'm wrong, awesome, lets get them involved.

***NCPA @ Arizona PSP***

>The NCPA is holding a college division at the Arizona PSP event.
>All NCPA games will be held on March 16th.
>Entry is only $300 per team.
>PSP Vender Paint Only (However you can BRING your paint, AS LONG AS it's manufactured/distributed by one of PSP's paint sponsors).
>https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2512633

UW wont be able to make it, its the same weekend that our winter quarter finals start, but if any other NW colleges could attend, go for it!

Last edited by XSycloneX : 02-07-2008 at 03:46 PM.
XSycloneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM #23
holy_cent

I think Central Washington University has a team too we need to get ahold of them. I tried North idaho college and there team used to have 40 members but it is nonexsistant any more.
U Of I mid #20
holy_cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:51 PM #24
holy_cent

also everyone here should go to www.Paintballcow.com and send the admin a message about getting your college teams own thread there. It's a site dedicated to Northwest paintball and it would be another place to get our cause out so everyone check it out please.
U Of I mid #20
Old 02-08-2008, 05:35 PM #25
XSycloneX

oh cool, i didn't know paintball COW was back. i'll send em a message.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:14 PM #26
COW staff
Eugene Paintball Gear

COW staff is a Supporting Member
I know a couple of people at both U of O and OSU. I'll try to help them develop some kind of organization. It would be good to see some NW action.
COW staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:23 PM #27
holy_cent

awesome i know they both used to have clubs so it wouldnt be hard to start them up again. NIC used to have a 40 member club several years ago as well. Does anyone know any paintballers at BSU by any chance?
U Of I mid #20
Old 02-09-2008, 06:52 PM #28
XSycloneX

NCPA event - Bloomington, CA

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2549899

$120 entry for team
BYOP or $25 cases of mid-grade paint at the field

it may cost a bit to go all the way to So Cal, but the tourney itself will be super cheap.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 PM #29
XSycloneX

March 29th or 30th - High School Paintball Regional Championships
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2559394

Last year they had it at Danger Zone indoor in Tacoma. There is a good chance that it'll be there again this year. If not, it'll be at another field close to Seattle.

We could probably setup a college tournament at the same field on the same day. What do you guys think?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 PM #30
cyrus2210

I go to CWU and havent heard of any pb players club there and actually I have been checking into starting one this spring 08 quarter. I was needing some good info that will get us up and running there as quickly as possible, ex; what college department i need to contact, what paperwork I should be gathering,etc.. The email I check the most is cyrus2210@yahoo.com, please put "CWU paintball" in title. Thanks guys, hope to be up and running very soon!!!!
Kenny Delp

Last edited by cyrus2210 : 02-17-2008 at 11:20 PM.
cyrus2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:15 AM #31
12LbChevelle
Tip your refs.

I wouldn't mind a college tourny at DZ.

cyrus- Check out the requirements for starting a student organization at CWU. Usually there needs to be a minimum number of students involved, and maybe like our school, you need a staff to advise it. Anyways, I believe you do not need to be registered with the school to attend the NCPA events.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 PM #32
holy_cent

hes right you dont need to be recognized to play NCPA events but you do need to all be full time students. The department you need to contact is your campus recreation office and ask for club sports. If you need any more help my email is loud7442@vandals.uidaho.edu. Also hey UW when are we going to be an official NCPA division? let me know if you need any help talking to anyone or setting something up. i also heard you guys want to set up some practices with us and we would be more than happy to get something going.
U Of I mid #20
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 PM #33
XSycloneX

JT Sports Northwest High School Paintball Regional Championships
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Danger Zone Indoor, Tacoma, WA
$100/team + Event Paint

Spread the word to all your High School paintball friends!

I'm going to talk to Chris (NCPA) about having a college division at this event. Hopefully we can use it to kick-start a NW conference of the NCPA
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM #34
XSycloneX

So I talked to the NCPA, and if we can get the 4 NW Universities with clubs/teams to commit (UW, WWU, WSU, and UI), then the tournament is a go. If you have enough guys, you can enter multiple teams.

Entry will be cheap, not sure about paint prices, I'll find out and post it here. It would be a great way to get the word out about college paintball, especially since it will be at the same time/place as the High School regional championships. And I'll make sure to have a photographer there to cover the whole thing too. Even if you guys have to throw a team together without practice, you should still do it. We need to get this NW conference off the ground, and this would be the perfect time to do it.

I'd really like to make this happen guys, so if you could get back to me ASAP, that'd be awesome. We don't have a whole lot of time to get this thing rolling.

If WSU or UI want to drive over the day before, I can look into finding a place for you guys to stay. If you want to keep costs down and not have to rent a hotel or something.

I know its a Sunday, and everyone will have school the next day, but if any teams want to stick around, an afterparty at my place is a definite possibility.
By the way, I've got a Kegerator in the basement

Last edited by XSycloneX : 03-07-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 PM #35
holy_cent

U of I is all in what weekend is it? we can prolly bring 3-4 teams and we also are putting a NCPA event here at our homefield in Lewiston so we will pick a date and everyone should try to make it.
U Of I mid #20
Old 03-08-2008, 05:03 PM #36
XSycloneX

awesome. Its Sunday, March 30th. About 3 weeks away

when you said 3-4 teams, were you assuming 3-man? this would be 5-man

Last edited by XSycloneX : 03-10-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 AM #37
XSycloneX

ATTENTION NORTHWEST COLLEGE TEAMS: I would like for all of you to designate 1 person to handle organizing your team(s). That person should post in this thread to keep me updated on your progress of putting a team together for the March 30th tourney (and for all future tourneys).

Even if you guys have to throw teams together without practice, you should still do it! This tourney will mostly be about getting us all together for the first time for some friendly competition and discussing the future of the NW NCPA conference. I'll work my hardest to make this tourney as cheap as possible.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:11 PM #38
brohoc5111

I'd probably be that person for WSU
JR fan 23
brohoc5111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 PM #39
holy_cent

Oh sorry we could bring 2 teams i bet for the tourny if it's five man. I will be the person you want to talk to about organizing. Also will this be an official NCPA Event? If so i believe we have to register the tourny on the NCPA website and register all of our players. THat might just be for the upper class though i cant remember.
U Of I mid #20
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 PM #40
XSycloneX

If everything goes to plan, it will be an official NCPA tourney. I talked to Chris at the NCPA about getting the event added APPA.

In the meantime, everybody should get their team/players signed up on the APPA website. www.paintball-players.org/

If for some reason we aren't able to get this to happen on the 30th, what do you guys think about having an unofficial tournament or scrimmages on the 29th?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:20 PM #41
XSycloneX

here we go.....

Sunday, March 30th
NCPA Northwest Open & High School Regionals: http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi...?LID=2&EID=687
Danger Zone's indoor field in Fircrest/Tacoma: www.myspace.com/dzpaintball

College 5-man:
$150 (if paid by Thursday, March 20)
$175 (if paid by Wednesday, March 26)
$200 (if paid by Friday, March 28th)

High School 3-man:
$100 (if paid by Thursday, March 20)
$125 (if paid by Wednesday, March 26)
$150 (if paid by Friday, March 28th)

Field Paint Only. At past DZ indoor tourneys, paint started out at $45 a case. It'll probably be the same this time around.

Every player on your team must get registered on APPA

Even if you can't pay right away, get your team registered now.
You do not have to pay for the tournament, or even have your roster finalized, when registering your team. You can pay anytime before the event.
BUT, save yourself some money, lets get signed up and paid for sooner than later guys!

Last edited by XSycloneX : 03-21-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM #42
navycadet

navycadet is a Supporting Member
navycadet is playing at Living Legends X
[quote=XSycloneX;44189307]i've heard that rumor from numerous people, but have never been able to get a hold of any of these supposed club / team guys.
there was a guy, i think his name is Chris, that went to Eastern and did some work for the PSP and NCPA, but i don't think there was ever a club or team there.
but if i'm wrong, awesome, lets get them involved.[quote]

I am dissapointed Eric I went to CWU not Eastern and yes worked for PSP and NCPA good to see you kept on pushing at UW and with other local colleges I knew it was unlikely back when I was still in school but its looking stronger and stronger every year with you pushing things on. If you need any help let me know I now am in Idaho falls idaho working for channel 6 as a photographer but willing to help if there is ever something I can do.

Chris

Uprising Fan #100
navycadet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups