Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2012, 01:10 PM #841
IridetheShortBus.

has been a member for 10 years
Hmm, thinking about trying this to lose a little fat in my midsection. Do you lose muscle/strength on this program? That's what I'd be worried about mostly.
IridetheShortBus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM #842
FHS JewFro
black AND white

while cutting it is dam near impossible to retain all strength, you will lose some, unless you are being aided by special recovery supplements, of course
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM #843
nightcrewcaptain

I haven't lost any strength so far, actually I'm getting stronger week by week. Although, I've been getting actual instruction on my compound lifts lately, and I'm making bigger gains and improvements with less work.......So since I changed my workout routine to a more effective one at about the same time I started LG, it's hard to tell what's LG, and what's the new routine, lol.

All I know is I've been dropping fat, and gaining (nothing major, about 5lbs a week on compounds), which is something I struggled to do in the past.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 AM #844
FHS JewFro
black AND white

it is only temporary, and you will likely hit a wall soon.

on a side note, i CAN NOT WAIT to start cutting again on LG. its gonna be perfect with my job schedule. eat a big meal before bed at like 12 am, wake up, go to work, normally get off work at 3-4 pm, boom, ****in FEAST after work. best part is my job is walking and standing the whole time so thats gonna be fuarkkin awesome for fasted, LISS cardio. ima be shredded YO!
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM #845
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Not that it really matters but is this your first job out of school or is school in there somewhere in the schedule still?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM #846
Pump Revolution

What's the general consensus on fiber, should it count as a carb during low carb days?

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 PM #847
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Jew where do you work?
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 AM #848
FHS JewFro
black AND white

McAlister's deli

Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 AM #849
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Makes sense.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:46 AM #850
solrflare

solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHS JewFro View Post
McAlister's deli
<3 McAlister's
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:50 AM #851
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

If I'm doing a light 20-30 mins of cardio on leangains should I put it before or after my lifting? I plan on starting my fast at 8pm and breaking it around 12-1pm and I'll be lifting at 8ish am.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM #852
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Research suggests that before is better for endirance building, but after burns more fat. I generally take .5mg melatonin before a fat burning workout to mobilize fat. It seemed to help, when my diet was on point this summer. I've eaten terribly since I moved
Lurker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 AM #853
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

Thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 02:11 PM #854
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Research suggests that before is better for endirance building, but after burns more fat. I generally take .5mg melatonin before a fat burning workout to mobilize fat. It seemed to help, when my diet was on point this summer. I've eaten terribly since I moved
Yeah you definitely look like you're getting smaller.

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
pballin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:03 PM #855
Pump Revolution

On non-lifting days, do you recommend taking BCAA's before cardio?

Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM #856
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
no I recommend melatonin before fasted cardio

BCAA will slightly inhibit fat release for LISS

If you're doing HIIT take the BCAA
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 PM #857
Pump Revolution

Thank you.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 PM #858
strostro
I'm not Jr, he's just OG.

plays in the NXL
Can you give some input on the dosage of melatonin to take? I see you take it before LISS, which is what the two articles I posted below say to do, but in those two studies they use 5mg and 6mg dosing, as opposed to your .5mg. Just wondering what you would reccomend.

http://www.ergo-log.com/melatoningh.html
http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2012...-hit-will.html
strostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 AM #859
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
I can't find anything supporting my position, so i tentatively retract it - I usually have an excellent memory for this stuff.

Reasoning IIRC was:

1. Increasing total antioxidant load will reduce training efficiency (mostly vitamin C and E research)

2. Avoiding entrainment of natural release patterns (hal;f life isn't a concern but entrainment is)

3. The dose-response curve on melatonin as a somatostatin inhibitor is pretty low from what I've seen. I'd not be surprised if .5mg was saturation. I read this all somewhere, but I can't find it now. I don't think taking more will hurt, but discontinue if you get sleepy during workouts (not acutely on the first dose, due to entrainment patterns), or have difficulty sleeping at night.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:45 AM #860
strostro
I'm not Jr, he's just OG.

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I can't find anything supporting my position, so i tentatively retract it - I usually have an excellent memory for this stuff.

Reasoning IIRC was:

1. Increasing total antioxidant load will reduce training efficiency (mostly vitamin C and E research)

2. Avoiding entrainment of natural release patterns (hal;f life isn't a concern but entrainment is)

3. The dose-response curve on melatonin as a somatostatin inhibitor is pretty low from what I've seen. I'd not be surprised if .5mg was saturation. I read this all somewhere, but I can't find it now. I don't think taking more will hurt, but discontinue if you get sleepy during workouts (not acutely on the first dose, due to entrainment patterns), or have difficulty sleeping at night.
Yeah I read that the half life was really short (20-30 min) and taking the normal oral absorption time of around 30min, so taking is before cardio is would be flltered out of the system by the end of the cardio. I was just wondering mostly because I'm going to be following a lot of what you have been talking about through these few threads, and I will be working out typically 4-5PM, maybe a little later, and didn't want to throw off a regular sleep cycle with taking too much melatonin later in the day. I can try at a higher dose and basically wean myself lower if I have any issues with sleep since it defintely seems to benefit fat loss and growth hormones.
strostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 AM #861
Pump Revolution

"Baylor University scientists hypothesized that taking melatonin before a weight workout could boost GH levels. So they tested it out. They had 60 weight-trained men and women take 0.5 milligrams of melatonin, 5 milligrams of melatonin or a placebo one hour before a high-intensity leg workout. As reported in a 2007 issue of the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, the 5-milligram dose of melatonin more than doubled GH levels before the workout started, and both doses more than doubled GH levels after the workout in the male subjects."