Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 AM #967
leed

leed is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit View Post
For sure

Do any of you ride to work, and if so what do you do with all the extra <del>****</del>? I know gloves/jacket and helmet are easy to store somewhere but shoes and pants not so much..
Depends where you work, really. If you have a desk/cube/etc you should have no trouble finding a place for your riding gear. I usually tucked my boots and helmet under my desk and put my gloves and pants into my backpack underneath my desk as well. Jacket I just put on the back of my chair. But I didn't spend much time (maybe 30 minutes) at my designated desk. Most of my time was spent on the floor or at a CAD station.
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 AM #968
zoink (Banned)

zoink is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
good god that is a sexy bike

Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 AM #969
cynicalrider
robert paulson

I always ride with a minimum boots/helmet/gloves. It's rare i ride without a jacket unless it's really really ****ing hot and I'm just taking it to the store.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 AM #970
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
I'm buying a jacket here in the next couple days, I like the Icon Sb1. Its not leather, I cant afford the leather ones, Does Icon make good gear?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM #971
UglyDuckGizmo

UglyDuckGizmo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballblk13 View Post
Those RS Taichis are 170 bucks!!!!

If you can't spend 170 dollars to protect your HANDS, sell your motorcycle. A good set of gloves will easily cost that much.

Should have budgeted out 500-1000 dollars for this stuff before buying the bike, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
I don't wear gloves unless it's to keep my hands warm... I'm aware of the risks I take when riding my bike, I choose to wear very little protective gear (jacket) My half helmet isn't DOT approved, it's just there to keep the cops from pulling me over (although I don't think a DOT approved half helmet will do much more)
My pants are normally jeans or my work pants.
Shoes are either sneakers or dress shoes, depending on where I am going.

I'm very conscious of my surroundings at ALL times on the bike, I anticipate just about everything I can when I ride, I ride fast when I can (fast for my 250 at least... lol... 80mph?) and I am ok with scraping my pegs on a turn I am comfy with.

I'm comfortable on my bike and how it handles... I wont do most of what I do on someone elses bike simply because I'm not used to how it handles.

None of that makes my choice to wear the gear I wear (or not wear) any more (or less) justified... But... in the end... It's my choice.

When I started riding, I wore it all... I spent a ton of money on gear... and slowly, as I got more comfy, took stuff off. Hell, when I started riding, I told everyone that "Those guys who wear the half helmets are ****ing retarded, if they screw up, they're dead... I would NEVER do that ****..."
1 year later and here I am, one of the people I said was retarded...
Crashing is going to be a hard, painful lesson for you. IF you live, wearing a helmet like that.

Oh and if you don't have good medical insurance you can go **** yourself, just sayin.
I ride with a bare minimum of boots, gloves, and helmet from time to time too but it's very rare. Stupid hurts.

Quote:
So what anti-theft devices can I install or do bikes usually have them? I mean something to like track it if someone just loads it into a ****ing pickup.

As for helmets, say you go to walmart, is there a way to lock said helmet to a motorcycle so it's safe or no?
I carry my helmet with me. It's the nicest piece of gear I own, I'm not letting some scooter riding hobo make off with it.

As for anti-theft stuff, give this a read.
http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/..._operator_ama/

Should actually put that in post #1. Motorcycle theft is huge around here. Lock your **** up, especially you supersport riding squids

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 11-19-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM #972
cynicalrider
robert paulson

I used to lock the helmet to my bike with a steel braided line and a padlock. And do anything you can to protect against motorcycle theft. As a victim of it, I know how much it sucks.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 AM #973
bryan j

my ride, 07 r6. soon to be track only

Russian Legion fan #1011, Trauma fan #1508

Last edited by bryan j : 11-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 PM #974
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
Quote:
If you can't spend 170 dollars to protect your HANDS, sell your motorcycle. A good set of gloves will easily cost that much.

Should have budgeted out 500-1000 dollars for this stuff before buying the bike, honestly.
that seems a bit extreme considering i bought a pair of $75 a* gloves and have crashed in them 3 times before they started tearing seams. i personally will probably never spend that much on gloves and i dont even ride on the street anymore. you can get a perfectly good pair of gloves for under $100 easy

bryan j: nice choice. i have the same bike (but 06). enjoy the track

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-19-2012, 04:35 PM #975
xXinpayneXx
MW

I've learned the cheap stuff will usually protect you, but no where near the comfort. Not having to think about your gear is so nice.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM #976
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
yeah i mean as long as you don't buy some chinese off-brand he will be fine with anything. just stick with the bigger brands and you'll be good.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM #977
UglyDuckGizmo

I won't buy alpinestars gloves again. They don't last and there's nothing really special about them.

I've learned the cheap stuff might protect you or it might not. I generally won't wear gloves that do not have hard sliders on the scaphoid/palm.
There is a good bit of plastic missing on the sliders on my rs taichis. I would probably have some damage if I were wearing something cheap.
I'm not saying the cost isn't a rule in determining whether or not it's quality stuff that works, I'm just saying my hands are worth it.
Oh, the gloves I crashed in and ended up with this?

Alpinstars SP-1's (or 2s? Cant remember).

Would better gloves have changed the outcome? Maybe, maybe not. What I can say is, judging by the way I crashed/impacted and the bones that I broke, it would have bettered my odds.

Wear the best **** you can possibly get.

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 11-19-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM #978
bryan j

held phantoms ftw as far as gloves go. for A* i wont be buying anymore of there boots or gloves. im disapoint in the quality of my smxplus boots and gp pro gloves, but my mx1 suit is straight for the deal i got on it

Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM #979
UglyDuckGizmo

held is so agg

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 11-19-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: BECAUSE **** YOU
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 PM #980
Flyersfan707
Bo$$ hog

Quote:

Getting this Tuesday or wed. Giving 3400 and a mossberg. 05 zx6r 600 with 22k on it, new tires and exhaust.
Slick... just dont loop it squidding away from a stop light lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoink View Post
good god that is a sexy bike

That was sexy, good thing they ruined the video with dub step though...
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 PM #981
MattDamnit
Anustart

MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
I'm getting pumped. I've seen some people out on theirs today and damn they look so fun...
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM #982
MattDamnit
Anustart

MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
I just hope I fit fine on said bike, 6'1 250, I'm not a skinny ****.
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM #983
UglyDuckGizmo

the least of your worries
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM #984
bryan j

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
held is so agg

lol havent heard agg in forever. havent played pb in years

i miss the icon

Old 11-19-2012, 07:03 PM #985
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit
I'm 6'5" 170, and I'm actually pretty comfortable on mine.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM #986
bryan j

Quote:
youll be fine.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 PM #987
UglyDuckGizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
lol havent heard agg in forever. havent played pb in years

i miss the icon
i just said it because i saw it on your swingarm