Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM #1
Lemi Died

Invasion and SHP reg

I know I know, not my brightest idea, but until I have the money to replace it (had it for a 98 RT/CF and then used without issue on my crossover), i need to ask: will the output pressure from a Ninja SHP reg cause any harm to the gun? Just purchased one, getting it in tomorrow. Anyways, thank you all for your time!
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 PM #2
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Yes. Seeing as the invasion is macro line less using high pressure could cause bursts in orings to occur
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM #3
Lemi Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominantgazelle View Post
Yes. Seeing as the invasion is macro line less using high pressure could cause bursts in orings to occur
Ok, thats what I was afraid of. My Crossover is also macro-less, but its internal reg has not had any issues, but I was not sure with this. Sounds like I will have to upgrade my tank reg first. Thanks anyways!
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!

Last edited by Lemi Died : 02-03-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 PM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
go for the ninja adjustable reg. The invasion might run off SLP but the adjustable reg will go from 450-850psi, that will run any gun. I ran my tippmans off high pressure and i run all my tournament guns on 450psi, no issues (luxes, aliens, bob longs)
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 AM #5
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

griffan2 works for a Paintball manufacturer
ive run my invasion at 900 with no issues. ive also run it at 250 with no issues

New 1 piece Dual-bored barrels out now from Parabolic!
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM #6
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominantgazelle View Post
No... the bottle adaptor is the reg, the line will only "see" the pressure after it has been regulated. About 180 psi to shoot 280 FPS about 205 to shoot 300.
The gun doesn't care if the bottle is 275 or 850
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM #7
Lemi Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
No... the bottle adaptor is the reg, the line will only "see" the pressure after it has been regulated. About 180 psi to shoot 280 FPS about 205 to shoot 300.
The gun doesn't care if the bottle is 275 or 850
So if I take the other shim out and get it down to 950, I should hopefully be alright until I can procure another reg?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:25 PM #8
Jack Rice

You misunderstad - - don't mess with you bottle - the gun doesn't call how how the botle goes it will only take what it needs.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
ieeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
So if I take the other shim out and get it down to 950, I should hopefully be alright until I can procure another reg?
Down to 950? Was that a typo? I've never seen a working tank output that much pressure lol.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM #10
Lemi Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Down to 950? Was that a typo? I've never seen a working tank output that much pressure lol.
Well, thats the issue, the SHP reg outputs 950-1100 psi (for tippmann response triggers or automags). Went from a 98 RT/CF to a Crossover (internal reg took care of this issue), and now adding this gun to it
Old 02-10-2013, 01:50 PM #11
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
Well, thats the issue, the SHP reg outputs 950-1100 psi (for tippmann response triggers or automags). Went from a 98 RT/CF to a Crossover (internal reg took care of this issue), and now adding this gun to it
That's true, I remember the mags needing that kind of pressure back in the day too, until they came out with the newer RT valves. We all used adjustable regs back then. I guess these days you'd need that to run a preset.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 AM #12
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 plays in the APPA D3 division
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Like Jack said, your tank can output all that pressure... its fine.

One thing to consider though is how consistency could be effected. Alot of people claim that the lower the tank output pressure, the less the work the inline regulator on the gun has to do.

for example, Bob Long recommends 275psi tank output for the G6R and Victory. The main reason being is to prevent blowing internal orings but a side effect of this lower tank out put is that you can run the tank lower on air and still keep shooting AND the inline reg only has to take 275psi and lower it down to 210psi. Much easier than to take 950psi and lower it to 210psi.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM #13
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
275psi tank output ... a side effect of this lower tank out put is that you can run the tank lower on air and still keep shooting
True - a lot of shots between 850 and 275 - and how many shots has become the new BPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
AND the inline reg only has to take 275psi and lower it down to 210psi. Much easier than to take 950psi and lower it to 210psi.
Maybe - but I'm not sure if that is true. Could also be it's not as easy to reg because they are so close that it has low flow. My "guess" is that the reg sees either of them the same. It's a piston and a spring.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 AM #14
TS4life

The ASA is a HPR, so you can use HP tanks.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:47 PM #15
MstrKey

tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
True - a lot of shots between 850 and 275 - and how many shots has become the new BPS
Maybe - but I'm not sure if that is true. Could also be it's not as easy to reg because they are so close that it has low flow. My "guess" is that the reg sees either of them the same. It's a piston and a spring.
I've never seen this "shooting deeper into a tank" thing everyone talks about. You can shoot deep into any tank. It just depends how much pressure your gun needs. It's not like an 850psi output tank stops letting air out at 849 psi. It just drops like any other tank.

I've always gotten better numbers with high pressure tanks personally. Of course a lot of this depends on the quality of the regulators being used in the gun and on the tanks. Some of those cheapo regs out there have terrible flow rate at any pressure, high or low lol.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 PM #16
benzy2
angry bird

I personally think some markers show slightly better shots per tank numbers (bl markers) from the SLP due to a small amount of shoot down. If its enough shoot down to effect a string I can't say but its the only reasoning that makes sense to me as to why some people notice slightly better efficiency with an SLP tank reg.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 PM #17
MstrKey

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2 View Post
I personally think some markers show slightly better shots per tank numbers (bl markers) from the SLP due to a small amount of shoot down. If its enough shoot down to effect a string I can't say but its the only reasoning that makes sense to me as to why some people notice slightly better efficiency with an SLP tank reg.
Basically what they did with the SLP reg is open up the air passages to increase the flow rate at lower pressure. That's the only way to increase flow rate in a lower pressure system. Now the problem is, if your gun isn't also directly designed to take advantage of the same features, then you'll actually suffer a flow loss in your gun through the guns regulator. On Bob's guns.....everything was designed for higher flow at lower pressures, so it all works well on his guns. Take that SLP on another gun.....not the same.

I suspect if you put a quality LP reg on one of bob's guns, you'll see the exact same results. You may not be able to shoot as low into the tank....but you'll gain more efficiency at the higher to mid pressure range. The end result is.......the same basic shot count. How low you go into the tank is not a sign of more shots.