Where you affected by "A Day without an Immigrant"? - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Where you effected by the "A Day without an Immigrant"?
Not effected in anyway at all. 169 83.66%
I saw a few demonstrate, otherwise not effected. 15 7.43%
Minor, one or two business I went to were closed. Or my class schedule was minorly effected. 11 5.45%
Major, couldn't get anything done, couldn't live like this. Class was thrown off completely/cancled. 6 2.97%
I demonstrated by skiping school or ditching work. 1 0.50%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2006, 01:46 PM #43
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

has been a member for 10 years
If we dont stand and fight with our $$, the Only restaraunts will be mexican.
God Bless The Man That Gets In My Way...
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2006, 01:48 PM #44
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

What if I only go there when I'm drunk and its like 3 in the morning. since its dark, no one can see me

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Old 05-02-2006, 02:27 PM #45
greenmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptiwave
If we dont stand and fight with our $$, the Only restaraunts will be mexican.
crunch wrap supreme ftw
Old 05-02-2006, 02:31 PM #46
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers78n9
What if I only go there when I'm drunk and its like 3 in the morning. since its dark, no one can see me
do what you will. But I will be hiding in the bushes to club you and take your steak burrito.
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 PM #47
Furious Ge0rge

One day is nothing, imagine if it were a week or two.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 PM #48
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge
I hope it never ends to be honest. Let legal immigrants/citizens step in and fill those jobs. Let homeless people and welfare folks work on farms like they did in the 40s and 50s.
If places are afraid to open for business, then they deserve to go out of business. A new one will fill the void.
OK bleeding hearts - tell me how mean I am and how we need to just look the other way when people break the law.
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 PM #49
pbfreak247#2

Quote:

lol if they did that i'd gladly fill in, just to show we don't need them.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:00 PM #50
ContractKiller4Hire

Doubt they would do this for a more then a few weeks, they need their pay check. If they did I would gladly be able to fill in for them.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:52 PM #51
CPTLA999

Anyone who said no was sitting in their home all day.

All this did was piss me off, I hope they all get ****ing deported. I'm sure they have successfully angered politicians across the country. I think every illegal that has ever committed a crime should be deported immediately, and the rest should be allowed to stay. Secure the borders, don't let any more of them in.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:12 PM #52
$PJ$

Had no effect on me. But then I live in PA and we do not have too many illegals/mexicans in the area.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:36 PM #53
porambo

It has allready backfired. It backfired before it began.
Now comes the mainstream backlash.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM #54
25bps (Banned)

25bps is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Everywhere else in the world people are taught more then one language, why do we have this patriotic stick up our ***** about language?
May I remind you that in many European countries in response to masses of poor non-integrated Arab and African Muslims, you are now required to speak the native language when applying for citizenship.

Second, nowhere else in the world are millions of illegals and their children given an education in any language besides the countries native language. Go to Japan and see how far you get demanding an education in Spanish.

Lastly, as I've said before it only takes one conversation with a teacher in LA Unified to realize that you, personally, are the exception rather than the rule. And again, as said before, you can not live in this country safely without speaking English. How do you read road signs? How do you follow orders from police or emergency services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Also, what does being messed with by the extremely corrupt Mexican government have to do with the Mexican people?
They are the only ones who will ever be able to change that government. Coming here and sending money home will only ensure that it remains corrupt.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:35 PM #55
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by porambo
It has allready backfired. It backfired before it began.
Now comes the mainstream backlash.
What are you talking about?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:12 PM #56
ClawHammer
Kraft durch Freude

ClawHammer is a Supporting Member
After reading most of these post I should have added a "life is better" option.

Nearly 90% of you wern't really effected, almost 5% were just inconvienced, and a tad over 6% had major probems. The way the media hyped this you'd almost think we would be in the darkages from it. Walkout FTL....
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 PM #57
ibmexican

Im not conservative and really straight down the line politically but are XOne and Furious George the most annoying people ever?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 PM #58
25bps (Banned)

25bps is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmexican
Im not conservative and really straight down the line politically but are XOne and Furious George the most annoying people ever?
I think XOne is just off to a rough start in ST: P. I don't mind him half as much as some of this sub-forum's newer posters.

I don't mind FG until he starts with his "Capitalism is unfair and we need to socialize everything" rants. Then I remember why is the most hated poster in ST: P. However, as of late, we've had alot of our more modern liberal poster's leave ( I see CPTLA is back) and I really would like George to stick around.

Last edited by 25bps : 05-02-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:12 PM #59
M1sTaWIggLes
ɥsǝɹɟ

Quote:
how are they going to survive 2 weeks without doing anything?
1) They would be replaced withing 3 days (from their job) of absence
2) There is NO WAY they can survive without 2 weeks of pay, how are they going to pay for rent and necessary living supplies?
3) This lack of workers would cause MORE immigrants to flood the borders, hoping to take all of these protesters' jobs. That would create an even bigger problem, because then the immigrants who originally went on strike would be without a job, and they will have a very hard time finding one considering they will never get a legit job, and most of the common jobs people without papers work will be gone.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:04 AM #60
MeRfCaKe

MeRfCaKe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I live in southern california and saw no businesses closed or any protesters at all. Oh well. I did however see a few cars with Mexican flags waving in their windows which pissed me off, if you're so damn proud of being mexican, ****ing live there or appreciate the opportunity you have here and be proud to be American, they obviously came here for a reason.
Custom Cockers
Old 05-03-2006, 01:20 AM #61
MeRfCaKe

MeRfCaKe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmexican
First off Id like to say I am Mexican and my dad is from Mexico. He came into this country legally with Luci Banes Johnson helping him. He also went to college, graduated, and then worked for IBM computers till he died. These protests and what these people want is a slap in the face to all the people to work their ***** off to be citizens. Esentially, all these people are doing is using America. They dont like it, they just want money. Someone sent me this in an Email.
See? LEGAL immigrants making a living like this doesn't bother me at all. Props to your dad for doing that, and sorry for your loss.
Custom Cockers
Old 05-03-2006, 01:21 AM #62
doublenot7

Quote:

That's cruel! Don't tease!!! Let's make it a year, decade? Go ahead teach us a lesson... Then watch the US wake up and realise how much we save on social programs for these illegals.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:23 AM #63
Fr3aKzoiD

the mexicans are tying to slowly have 99999999999 billion mexican babies and take over America BABY BY BABY, IT'S EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES!!@ RUN FROM THE ILLEGAL MEXICAN BABYS!!!1!11

AND BTW IF I EVER SEE GEORGE W. BUSH ON TV HOLDING AN ILLEGAL MEXICAN BABY IN HIS HANDS SMILING I AM PERSONALLY GOING TO PUNCH THE CLOSEST PERSON TO ME RIGHT IN THE NECK

Last edited by Fr3aKzoiD : 05-03-2006 at 01:27 AM.