Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-24-2014, 08:26 AM #1
Aartwood

"Aartwood" Alternative Paintball Channel

As some of you may have seen, my youtube channel features the likes of filming with a go pro on my back, giving the 3rd person viewpoint, playing with it on the end of a pole, giving a very unique and exciting viewpoint, and the traditional helmet cam. I'm constantly experimenting with new angles, new gadgets and new ways of customising pretty much everything, so have a look, enjoy, and subscribe, but most importantly, please leave comments, I don't know where i'm going right or wrong if I don't get feedback. Thanks so much. And here is an example of my work

http://www.youtube.com/Aartwood

Aartwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2014, 03:35 PM #2
Spartan 03
The Heretics

has been a member for 10 years
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
Picture in Picture is no. I spent too much time trying to see both and ended up missing much of either. Pick one and stick with it.

The music was too slow. Even the bottom vid, which had better music than the others, was still...uninspired. That is music you'd hear in a commercial for some ****ty new paintball product. I know music is hard to get sometimes, but pick it up, give us some power!

The graphics on the videos were excellent!

I liked most of the angles you used in all of the videos.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:54 AM #3
Aartwood

Hooray! Spartan thank you ever so much for the feedback, strangers are far more honest when it comes to criticism and this is just what I needed.
My issue with music is that more often than not, music you see in big paintball videos is used without permission and any revenue generated goes eels where to cover the copyright. Music is a total pain in the behind to get right, but taking your comment on board more speedy music can be used I future videos for sure.
The 2 camera angles, would you prefer to see both, but cutting between the two so the best angle is always shown? So when I'm shooting it zooms to first person, but on the run or behind bunkered down can show the third person so you can see the paint hitting? Or just one of the other per video?
Thanks again though, I very much appreciated your feedback.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:54 AM #4
Aartwood

Thank you so much for the increased view count since this post went live chaps, much appreciated.
I also have a patron page now too, if you ever fancied helping fund my quest to make unique paintball videos

www.patreon.com/aartwood