has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by akruse21 View Post
So why did you reply the way you did.....like I said, too easy

Stay safe.
because you said "says the AF cop" implying that I was the fobbit.

even if i was working LE or FL i would volunteer for any GDA patrol or army mission. i would litterally sell my kidney to go out. but a lot of people like sitting around doing nothing. or even better... they would rather sit on the FL than go OTW cause they're pansies and dont want to use their training.

i wasnt trying to be hostile or all hooah and ****... im just defending myself cause im not a goddamn fobbit

EDIT: thanks ive been good so far. ill be home in about a month. thanks for the good wishes
VETERAN MILITIA
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 05:18 PM #275
[HP]Tweek1957
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
have fun being a fobbit
Meant being a cop as in they're gettin ****ed over more than I am with this exercise bull****. I'd rather be working 12s in the IMF than workin 12s in the ECP, dealing this those nosy inspectors all day.

And did you not read the part about me deploying the week after all that? I volunteered for that because I'm in a nondeployable AFSC.
Tweek, you are my hero
Appels77- thanks to games like GT4 and Forza i really knew how to handle a car. I mean it was not hard at all, i was not even scared when first doing it.
thallium-
i to ask and be off topic at the same time....but i've always wondered who the hell is shens?

Last edited by [HP]Tweek1957 : 04-02-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:44 AM #276
Marine786

Ive only been on 1 deployment and got blown up. That is enough for me, IMO.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 AM #277
f2f4

f2f4 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HP]Tweek1957 View Post
Quit your *****in. At least you're not working 12s [...] with no weekend
Yes I am.

Exercise exercise exercise.

Used to it so whateva.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:21 AM #278
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine786 View Post
Ive only been on 1 deployment and got blown up. That is enough for me, IMO.
totally

yea it was late and i was typing out my ***. i just really want to come home. have fun deploying though. it can be some of the best times in your life or it can be some of the worst. it all depends on what you're doing and your attitude.

going to gym to get buff seriously nothing else better to do...
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 AM #279
infotography (Banned)

infotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4 View Post
Yes I am.

Exercise exercise exercise.

Used to it so whateva.
Yeah we start ours Monday... first one since our ORI a year ago.. just another day in MOPP 4...
Old 04-03-2009, 10:41 AM #280
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

hey to the photo guys... i have some questions for you.

Im buying a pretty nice camera when I get home and I wanted to know what I should really get. I was thinking about the Nikon D300 DSLR but I really dont know if thats the best thing for what im trying to do.

With that said this is what im really looking for in a camera. I want to be able to shoot action. Moving fast, slow, anything really. I need the cam to have sport shot where I can just hold down the button and snap quick photos. I still would like it to be able to shoot quality "studio" type photos. I want to do scenery as well as close up artsy stuff.

I know this all sounds newbish but im learning and I want to know the best platform to use. Around my price range, the Nikon D300 DSLR seems to be a good way to go, but I hear Canon makes some good stuff as well.

seriously... im way confused
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM #281
oreo
Undercover Brother

oreo is a Supporting Member
oreo is a Paintball photographer
All DSLRs pretty much have continuous shoot mode... How many frames it takes a sec, and how many it will actually take continuously depends on the camera.

one camera can do all that stuff its just the different lenses, lighting and techniques you will have to use. D300 is a good buy... I like D3 and the D700 more.

But i shoot with a D300 that was issued to me. its a good camera.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 AM #282
infotography (Banned)

My biggest suggestion would be to buy used.. Cameras are generally treated really well. You will easily save $300+ buying used.. and that means you can even buy a better camera.

a D300 new costs about $1700 for the body only. I would HIGHLY suggest a Nikon D2X or D2Xs.. You can get a body and a ton of accessories for that price. It was the industry standard 2 years ago. The D300.. has never and will never be an industry standard..

Check ebay for one. you will find good deals and rip offs. just shoot me a PM if you have any concerns.

Now for Canon you can pick up a 5D or a Canon 1D MK II or Mk II N. Both comparable to Nikons. Now this is where Full frame comes in. Its long to explain but most dSLR's have a 1.6 crop factor, meaning that 20mm on crop camera looks like a 35mm on a full frame.

It is really something you have to physically see to understand. You dont have a full frame option with Nikon until you get into the D3.. which is $5k..

I would personally stick to Canon with your budget. My suggested gear would be:
5D or 1DMkII depending on cash you have to spend.
a 70-200 f/4
and maybe a 50mm 1.8..

should run you the same price all together as your D300 and a lens..

I would say at least check it out.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 AM #283
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
All DSLRs pretty much have continuous shoot mode... How many frames it takes a sec, and how many it will actually take continuously depends on the camera.

one camera can do all that stuff its just the different lenses, lighting and techniques you will have to use. D300 is a good buy... I like D3 and the D700 more.

But i shoot with a D300 that was issued to me. its a good camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infotography View Post
My biggest suggestion would be to buy used.. Cameras are generally treated really well. You will easily save $300+ buying used.. and that means you can even buy a better camera.

a D300 new costs about $1700 for the body only. I would HIGHLY suggest a Nikon D2X or D2Xs.. You can get a body and a ton of accessories for that price. It was the industry standard 2 years ago. The D300.. has never and will never be an industry standard..

Check ebay for one. you will find good deals and rip offs. just shoot me a PM if you have any concerns.

Now for Canon you can pick up a 5D or a Canon 1D MK II or Mk II N. Both comparable to Nikons. Now this is where Full frame comes in. Its long to explain but most dSLR's have a 1.6 crop factor, meaning that 20mm on crop camera looks like a 35mm on a full frame.

It is really something you have to physically see to understand. You dont have a full frame option with Nikon until you get into the D3.. which is $5k..

I would personally stick to Canon with your budget. My suggested gear would be:
5D or 1DMkII depending on cash you have to spend.
a 70-200 f/4
and maybe a 50mm 1.8..

should run you the same price all together as your D300 and a lens..

I would say at least check it out.

Thanks guys!

Is there a particular place that I can pick up some used stuff? there is a place back home that sells cameras and whatnot but I dont even know if they are still open. I will check out ebay and see what they have to offer.

whats a 70-200 f/4 ??? im sure that has to do with the lense. still learning lol. Im actually thinking that when it comes time to get my CJR i might go photo... but it will be hard to hang up my beret and badge

im looking at the 5D and it seems like that is around my price range. it is comparable to the D300 as well but thats new. i will shop used and take your word on it and depending on the better deal, I will just give that camera a try.
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 11:16 AM #284
oreo
Undercover Brother

I do agree you wont see pro photographer out there useing D300 its something perfect for him. Hes not going to be shooting for any magazine. and its a good starter camera. if you buy the kit it comes with a good lens, its got good features. and it auto sensor cleaner. witch is good for beginers who might not feel comfortable cleaning the sensor.

buy used , ehhh i wouldn't buy on ebay, i buy from a local camera shop. so you can get a warranty through them... you don't know how many shots that camera has taken and the mirror motor could **** the bed... now if its refurbished it would be better.

and the D700 is 2 grand cheaper and has the full frame sensor

70-200 means its a telephoto lens. from 70mm to 200mm F4 is the lowest F-stop of the lens (How much light is let through, the lower the number the more light is let through the lens)

Last edited by oreo : 04-03-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:28 AM #285
infotography (Banned)

I buy all of my photo stuff for my office from BHPhotovideo.com

most photographers I know too buy from there too.. lowest prices, good people and great customer service.

But yeah.. He doesnt need a D2Xs.. but if he can get one for the same price as a D300.. why not? I shot D2X's for a a year before I went back to IPC and had to shoot the D300.. it was nice, but it felt like I was using a camera for a 16 year old girl. lol

All Im saying is if 2 things cost the same and one is clearly better, why not get that one? I would buy a used Porsche over a brand new chevy malibu anyday. Hey the Porsche may have 100,000 miles, but I will be happier in my porsche

A lot of the deals on ebay are a bit shady but for the most part anyone who is selling a D2X on eBay tends to take care of their $5000 camera.. you will get it and it will work just fine. Refurbed is always a good thing.. but they will charge more. warranties are kind of pointless.. you pay $300 for one and you still have to pay money if something breaks...

I have bought new cameras and used cameras, essentially they perform the same. I wont buy new cameras (for personal use) anymore.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 AM #286
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

cool good to know

and ill take the advice, also, to buy local (or from a shop instead of online). i guess its something else i dont need to rush into im really bad at doing **** like that hahaha.

are there any good websites I could visit to learn some stuff?
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM #287
infotography (Banned)

pbreview.com
Honestly go to the ST: Photo forum and check the FAQ.. people rarely read it but theres tons of good stuff in there.

And I am terrible about that kinda thing too.. Me and my wife just talked about trying to save money and I have plans on buying a mountain bike today... lol
Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 AM #288
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

yea i did a good job saving up money from this deployment but when i get back im buying a lot of stuff:

$23,000 dollar car
$1,250 dollar paintball gun + stuff I need
whatever camera I want
Tons of new clothes
and whatever i want when im back home in cali

seriously... im bad with money sometimes. i have no credit cards though i really dont have much credit either lol.
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 AM #289
infotography (Banned)

Quote:
yea i did a good job saving up money from this deployment but when i get back im buying a lot of stuff:

$23,000 dollar car
whatever camera I want
Tons of new clothes

seriously... im bad with money sometimes. i have no credit cards though i really dont have much credit either lol.
Yeah I dont understand how some people are in so much debt. All my friends are like "Im so poor!"

What car you gonna get?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 PM #290
[HP]Tweek1957
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:

$23,000 dollar car
whatever camera I want
Tons of new clothes

You forgot the motorcycle? Isn't it against the law in the CONUS to not buy a bike when you get back from a deployment?
Tweek, you are my hero
Appels77- thanks to games like GT4 and Forza i really knew how to handle a car. I mean it was not hard at all, i was not even scared when first doing it.
thallium-
i to ask and be off topic at the same time....but i've always wondered who the hell is shens?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 PM #291
infotography (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HP]Tweek1957 View Post
You forgot the motorcycle? Isn't it against the law in the CONUS to not buy a bike when you get back from a deployment?
Seriously though.. Everyone has a damn bike.. there are so many places that is just isnt practical. I could think of a better way to spend $10,000.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:24 PM #292
infotography (Banned)

Speaking of deployments.. My office litterally just notified me that I will be deploying in June to Afghanistan.. as a Photographer! Stoked!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:45 PM #293
oreo
Undercover Brother

Thats cool I glad i got a deployment right before i PCS and to do my job..

I was too the point that i was giving up on getting one.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:23 PM #294
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Yeah I dont understand how some people are in so much debt. All my friends are like "Im so poor!"

What car you gonna get?
Im getting an 06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi all stock, gold BBS rims (optional on the STi), only has 14,5XX miles on it, all for 23K you cant find **** like that very often.

Quote:
Speaking of deployments.. My office litterally just notified me that I will be deploying in June to Afghanistan.. as a Photographer! Stoked!
what part? are you going to northern toward Bagram or southern where im at (Kandahar)?

KAF is ok... its a total cake walk. nothing really worth shooting really. unless you go OTW... there is so much cool **** man its incredible.
VETERAN MILITIA
Closed Thread