yes, i can hear it click
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 PM #45
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

has been a member for 10 years
The problem, as you state it, is a little unclear:

1. Without air, turn the gun on, push the bolt all the way forward and pull the trigger. Do you hear the solenoid clicking? If not you probably have a bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness. If you don't want to mess with it, send it in to AlienPB for a replacement. Also make sure that the switch itself is engaging. If not, you'll need to adjust the trigger.

2. If you hear the solenoid click, but the gun doesn't shoot when you air it up (and bypass the eyes) then the dwell may have been accidentaly set too low. Go into program mode and check the dwell. It should be between 8-10ms.
Mind'sEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:27 PM #46
Chase12
Chase "Space" Fowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind'sEye View Post
The problem, as you state it, is a little unclear:

1. Without air, turn the gun on, push the bolt all the way forward and pull the trigger. Do you hear the solenoid clicking? If not you probably have a bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness. If you don't want to mess with it, send it in to AlienPB for a replacement. Also make sure that the switch itself is engaging. If not, you'll need to adjust the trigger.

2. If you hear the solenoid click, but the gun doesn't shoot when you air it up (and bypass the eyes) then the dwell may have been accidentaly set too low. Go into program mode and check the dwell. It should be between 8-10ms.
dwells fine and i can't hear the solenoid
Tampa Bay Damage Fan Club #16
Chase12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:36 PM #47
pdogg6
Controlled Revenge

If you question is if you have to be the original purchaser to send it in then no. Will it cost you money? Yes. If you are the original purchaser then your gun should be under warranty from Christmas. Cost depends on whats wrong with your marker.

If it started working and stop again then it sounds like you have a pinched wire somewhere in your frame or a bad microswitch. Up to you if you want to fix it yourself. We are here to help.

-p

Alien Interceptors
Alienpb

PBNation feedback
pdogg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:41 PM #48
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Can you hear the faint clicking of the micro-switch when you pull the trigger? You should be able to feel it engage too. If the switch is engaging then it's an electrical problem. If the LED lights when you turn the board on then it's probably a micro-switch or solenoid connection. If the LED doesn't light up at all then it's probably the battery connector. I recently replaced the entire wiring in my 05 Interceptor but it's a bit off a PITA to route the eyes wires in the front block without pinching them.
Mind'sEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:57 AM #49
EmpireAmbassador
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

alright, I am almost ready to give up. I got an alien in a trade, and it was working fine. Out of the blue, it doesnt cycle. i'm not stupid, I have had countless markers, and I tried every possible thing to get it to work. The tech at the field where I work insists it is the upper solenoid wires that are faulty. It's an 05 ceptor and it has seen plenty of use before me (Carl Markowski's old ceptor btw) So, basically, I am no alien tech, and dont feel like messing with the noid, so I am stuck. Since I have sent several emails into the custmore supprot at alien, and they just can't seem to give me and RMA number, even after 3 requests. So if there is someone with good feedback who has the parts and knows what they are doing, I would be glad to pay for help. If it really is just solenoid wires it shouldnt be a huge deal to fix, but it has been sitting and hasnt been used for a while, so I could have more problems now then it did.

OLD PBN Feedback-
+10
Have 1k+ ebay Feedback
EmpireAmbassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:01 AM #50
pdogg6
Controlled Revenge

Sup man...I remember talking to you for a while thru email. I hate that you haven't been able to get any help on it. But I remember it was a unexplanable/"Out of the blue" problem too. I think we concluded it being your noid. Because it would try to cycle, but only made a half cycle sound. I concluded that either your solenoid is weak or your piston inside the noid was stuck. Where do you live?

Alien Interceptors
Alienpb

PBNation feedback

Last edited by pdogg6 : 03-30-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 PM #51
EmpireAmbassador
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Washington state. When the tech at my field looked at it, he could get it to cycle, by pressing the red button on the noid, when he had it all aired up, but dissasembled. Since it has been unused for a couple of months it probably has more issues than what I know of right now though. Trigger is sticking, and all that good stuff.

OLD PBN Feedback-
+10
Have 1k+ ebay Feedback
EmpireAmbassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:23 PM #52
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireAmbassador View Post
Since I have sent several emails into the custmore supprot at alien, and they just can't seem to give me and RMA number, even after 3 requests.
You may have the wrong email on you RMA request as I have sent you 3 RMA numbers and 2 emails because of your statment on your 3rd RMA request that you haven't gotten them. email me a jack@alienpb.com and give me an email address that you know works. Get the gun to us and we'll hook you up - don't want any of Carl's downline unhappy
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:01 PM #53
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
Jack, he may also have spam filters that are eating your emails.

My E-Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
rluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:11 PM #54
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluna View Post
Jack, he may also have spam filters that are eating your emails.
Now who the heck in this subforum doesn't have Jack in their email contact list? Hm? HMM?! For shame...
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM #55
dyechild03

so my interceptor is just cycling, its not really shooting with any power, and on the gauge it says 100 psi (i dont know if that is a sufficient amount of pressure). This is my first alien so im not too familiar with what could be wrong. And i already tried cranking up my hpr but it didn't work.
dyechild03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 AM #56
pdogg6
Controlled Revenge

Hmm...Have you ran it over a chrono yet? Is it new or used? Could be your gun needs to be lubed. Could be your dwell and board settings. Have you tried to reset your board? 95-100psi on the LPR is normal for a new Interceptor. Your HPR should be around 275-300psi.

Alien Interceptors
Alienpb

PBNation feedback
Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 PM #57
pjacques

have you changed the battery
pjacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:41 AM #58
dyechild03

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacques View Post
have you changed the battery
yes i have

the dwell is stock and the gauge reads 100. I dont know what could be wrong with it. And i tried multiple different regs on it and nothing worked.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:35 AM #59
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Up the dwell to about 15 and see if that makes it cycle better. If so and it shoots consistantly lower the dwell until it doesn't chrono well and you can get some more time out of what may be a failing solenoid. If it shoots at a high dwell but isn't consistant then it's probably it's already gone. I think you can up the dwell to 25 but at some point most solenoids will shoot at least once in awhile.

Also check the bolt to see that it slides easily - maybe take out the bolt - but it's really the ram you are checking to make sure is sliding well. The Humphries are a bit prone to failure is they get contaminated - wherther with Teflon tape, Oil from a compressor, hey I found sand in some. Little valve cycling very fast = some problems unless cared for real well. Paintball doesn't equate to excellent care.

If the ram doesn't slide easily it may be that someone used petroleum based oil in it and the O-Rings are bad. Replace the two 010 O-Rings but it's hard to get the hammer off without damaging the piston rod. You can stretch the ORing over the Piston shaft but... best to have a coule extra. Locktite the hammer and ram cap back on.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:58 PM #60
dyechild03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
Up the dwell to about 15 and see if that makes it cycle better. If so and it shoots consistantly lower the dwell until it doesn't chrono well and you can get some more time out of what may be a failing solenoid. If it shoots at a high dwell but isn't consistant then it's probably it's already gone. I think you can up the dwell to 25 but at some point most solenoids will shoot at least once in awhile.

Also check the bolt to see that it slides easily - maybe take out the bolt - but it's really the ram you are checking to make sure is sliding well. The Humphries are a bit prone to failure is they get contaminated - wherther with Teflon tape, Oil from a compressor, hey I found sand in some. Little valve cycling very fast = some problems unless cared for real well. Paintball doesn't equate to excellent care.

If the ram doesn't slide easily it may be that someone used petroleum based oil in it and the O-Rings are bad. Replace the two 010 O-Rings but it's hard to get the hammer off without damaging the piston rod. You can stretch the ORing over the Piston shaft but... best to have a coule extra. Locktite the hammer and ram cap back on.
I didn't up the dwell because i ran out of air but the bolt/ram are sliding smoothly. Once i get air im gonna see if that dwell was the problem. If the noid is bad, how much money would that cost me?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:21 PM #61
abr5
llama llama duck...

Old 06-30-2007, 01:13 PM #62
dyechild03

One last and final question. The 4 screws on the back of the gun wont stay in tight. Can i locktite them in?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:25 PM #63
abr5
llama llama duck...

yes