Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM #106
Projectile

I absolutely agree. This is by far one of the best fields in the mid-west. I can't wait to play there again.
Projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 01:04 PM #107
TheOldGuy

Thanks Narf for the excellent Generalship. We all enjoyed playing under your command. The field is awesome and the atmosphere is greatly appreciated.

It is a sad day for paintball when a field the Quality of Sherwood can't draw more players for such a well produced game.
It is a more sad day for us, as our home field, Battlefront Paintball in Hubbard, OH, is hosting our last scenario event "The Chrono War" on October 13. At the end of October the field is completely shutting down!
We really enjoyed the trips to Sherwood, but without the two day games, the 5-6 hour drive, for open play, is not economically feasible with most of our team.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:08 PM #108
Deathwow

Deathwow is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwow supports Sherwood Forest
I wanted to again thank Joe and Kathy for running the field, my opponent Narf and all the players that came out to play this weekend. It was a great game and awesome to see old friends and make some new ones.
Deathwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:11 PM #109
Spartakis

has been a member for 10 years
Spartakis plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Spartakis plays in the APPA D1 division
Well I had a good time this weekend. Was nice to play at sherwood again. Meet some cool people, talked to some old friends, and also had a blast playing for hell and sneaking around. The npcs were alot better this time, the missions were fun also. Narf was glad to help you out also.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM #110
WildcardPhantom

Had a great time at this event. Major kudos to Joe, Kathy, and everyone else that made this game possible!

I thought that the refs did a fantastic job. It was very rare to run into a situation on the field where they weren't a quick shout out away.

I did feel that there was one thing that could be improved upon for the next game: Informing new players of all the rules

I believe that many people assume that everyone just knows how different rules come into play in scenario games (medics, demos, engineers, 'spooky stuff,' insertion windows, ...etc), even if they weren't all in play in this particular event. I saw several situations where people were calling for a medic until one arrived (sometimes 4-5 minutes after the initial hit). While in some instances this could have been in attempt to bend the rules, I did speak with some players that were new to the field/format that didn't know how to properly get healed by a medic. Fewer players remember or have a copy of the GRSP, so refreshers could be very helpful, especially to newer players. Perhaps a couple 10-15minute rules briefings could be held at various times, and attendance to one of them be mandatory to enter the field. This could be indicated by a punch on each person's ID card.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM #111
ne_harisho2

ne_harisho2 supports Sherwood Forest
ne_harisho2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The waiver every player signs says that they have read and understood all of the game rules. Our player briefing took nearly an hour as is and mostly covered the specific game rules. It simply is to time consuming to go through the whole rulebook or to go through that with every player showing up after player briefing.

This is now beside the point due to the future of scenario games at Sherwood being uncertain at best.
ne_harisho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM #112
1mg_virus

1mg_virus owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
1mg_virus supports DLX Technology
I have a feeling it will be back at some point or maybe its just me being hope full
1mg_virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM #113
WildcardPhantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne_harisho2 View Post
The waiver every player signs says that they have read and understood all of the game rules. Our player briefing took nearly an hour as is and mostly covered the specific game rules. It simply is to time consuming to go through the whole rulebook or to go through that with every player showing up after player briefing.
Good point, but the player briefing was all over the place in what it covered: introducing commanders, having A-train do his intro for his TV show, thank you's all around...

If 'rules' weren't discussed in the player briefing, but instead were covered in smaller, focused rules briefings, material could be covered much quicker and people will have better retention. This is especially true of new players. I've noticed that veterans of scenario play tend to forget the learning curve, and simply assume that everyone is up to the same level of comprehension of the specific rules for a game.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:18 PM #114
HUNK

I agree with Phantom. Even though the rules are posted on a wall, online, or where ever doesn't mean anyone read it. And someone signing something saying they read and understand the rules means nothing. Point in case, every terms of service for anything online ever.

Going over simple field rules such as rate of fire allowances, bunker/surrender rules, barrel tagging do not take more then 10 minutes and can save alot of people and refs grief when a situation happens. Every field has different rules on things, and if there is one person who is new then the rules should be brought up. It sucks but safety first, fun second.
HUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:09 PM #115
lefty77

lefty77 supports Sherwood Forest
That is my fault on the rules i should of went of over them in more depth with is usually done. In say that j am sorry and forgot first time doing anything like that and it is noted if done again to go over the important rules that need to be addressed at all times. Again sorry about that. Hopefully overall everyone enjoyed the weekend the field and game.
lefty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:13 PM #116
rbruntzjr

rbruntzjr supports Sherwood Forest
I think you all have valid points. If there is ever an opportunity in the future, these are all good things to consider. We are always open to ideas to make future events even better.
rbruntzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM #117
rbruntzjr

rbruntzjr supports Sherwood Forest
I do hope everyone had a good time this past weekend. I want to thank Joe and Kathy for everything they did. I also want to thank Joe, Roger, Terry, Brendan and all of Rage In Paint for all the roles that they played to put on this game. We would not have been able to do it without everything they did.

Thanks,

Snipe-Rage In Paint
rbruntzjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:17 PM #118
MeÐiCX
Boneyard Paintball

MeÐiCX owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MeÐiCX owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
We had a blast. Thanks for putting on the game!
MeÐiCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM #119
ne_harisho2

I'm glad everyone had fun and enjoyed the game as we put a lot of effort into it. If the rule explanation issue is the biggest we had, then I am extremely happy.

Next time I do a scenario, I'll implement a test over the rules and if you don't pass, you don't play.

Buttercup
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 AM #120
1mg_virus

I have a issue not sure how it can be fixxed but here it goes. The last like 3 times I been to sherwood. The games have been pretty much uneven and one sides pretty much gets run over. I was on the winning end of it this time but still. I think the field should split the teams up and not let the players pick there side. ever one knows alot about each team and how to split them up. just my 2 cents
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM #121
MeÐiCX
Boneyard Paintball

MeÐiCX owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MeÐiCX owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mg_virus View Post
I think the field should split the teams up and not let the players pick there side. ever one knows alot about each team and how to split them up.
While we're at it why even keep score? Let's just have a big kum ba yah party...

^ sarcasm...

Once commanders are picked for these scenarios it is up to them and their support to recruit teams. It's the second step in the planning/preparing process. No one's fault but the commander that didn't step up his recruiting if their side lacked!

For this particular event, teams WERE switched to help even out the numbers.
MeÐiCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM #122
1mg_virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeÐiCX View Post
While we're at it why even keep score? Let's just have a big kum ba yah party...

^ sarcasm...

Once commanders are picked for these scenarios it is up to them and their support to recruit teams. It's the second step in the planning/preparing process. No one's fault but the commander that didn't step up his recruiting if their side lacked!

For this particular event, teams WERE switched to help even out the numbers.
well it didnt help did it.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM #123
hairball

hairball supports Ninja Paintball
Would have liked to make this game, have not been to Sherwood in about 5 years.
I was told on Friday afternoon at work, that I didn't have to work Saturday. so i thought great I can play one day at Sherwood. Got home from work called Sherwood an asked about one day pricing( had a family get together on Sunday) I was told no one day discount, i would have to pay the full $75.00 to play weather I played both days or only one.
So I stayed home, if they had a single day admission, maybe they would draw more players.
hairball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM #124
ne_harisho2

Scorewise, the game was pretty even Saturday for day, but after that blue started running away. Fieldwise, the game felt back and forth from what I could see. Night play was a bit lopsided but I was told by Several reds that they really enjoyed night play. Our role players had several sets of nvg and were specifically hunting other nvgs until 10-11ish. Any time In Contempt is in force with night play, that side will likely dominate the night portion.

Buttercup

Last edited by ne_harisho2 : 10-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM #125
lefty77

lefty77 supports Sherwood Forest
Saturdays game it was neck and neck anyone game however night and sunday play turned for the worst for the red side. However the sides were evened out as much as possible.I have been on both sides of the but kicking and as a commander i tired myself to split up teams but not always work the way you want it to. Both sides used the role players in many ways Red more to help control some of the field and Blue in learning how to complete missions. Which Red should of done alittle more of. Both commanders did a great job this weekend. The players on both side did great too both using the role players and playing with high standards.
lefty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM #126
1mg_virus

The game was great for sure and I have also been on both sides of a beat down. Sat was pretty good fight but night play and sunday was not so close maybe some people left. I understand the night play becuase dutch sweeper and jermey wont stop running missions all night. Those guys are relentless I my self stop my night play early due to no reds on the field really wanted more of it tho. My new flashlight was pretty killer. I am just saying last like 4 games at sherwood been uneven. That could be part of the reason why some people dont come back. Me i dont care what side I am on becuase I play hard no matter what and I just want to shoot people any way. O well just my 2 cents