PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:27 AM #64
Ghost_of_xmas_future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballer27 v2.0 View Post
are you ****ing stupid? most to all coaches either played Pro's or college level of their sport. IDK what school you teach at or if you even do, but an art teacher should be good and should know things about art, as a history teacher should be eduacated in history. rating a movie isnt rating art. Again, most to all art critics are artist's themselves. So dont compare yourself to a well known and respected movie critic worldwide. when basically all you said was that he should blend his stuff and dont use filters. the way you presesnted it was completely unnessecary. Did you see how he told other people, all he said was "avoid using filters" he didnt say that they suck or anything like that.

Well lets just use the NBA as an example...
Current head coaches who never played in the NBA include Tony Barone (Memphis), Bernie Bickerstaff (Charlotte), Mike Brown (Cleveland), Lawrence Frank (New Jersey), Brian Hill (Orlando), Bob Hill (Seattle), Eric Musselman (Sacramento), Gregg Popovich (San Antonio), Flip Saunders (Detroit), Terry Stotts (Milwaukee) and Jeff Van Gundy (Houston).

I never compared myself to Roger Ebert.I said would you ask him if he could direct simply because he gave a bad review.

Name me 10 art critics that are also working artists? Back up this statement with some facts.

I said more then blend your stuff and use less filters. I mentioned bad composition, bad choice in fonts, lack of understanding of the basic principles of design...and so on.

I never said filters suck. I said that the reliance on filters is a sign of a novice. That it shows a lack of design knowledge.

I didnt say he sucked. I said he needs a lot of work, that he lacks an understanding of design. That if he is going to say "Don't post in here if you suck", he should also look at his own work, and its faults.
However if you look back at post #18 you yourself said "sucks" about someones post. Are you going to show us some of your art to back up this statement?

I am not nor ever claimed to be an art teacher, I said that a high school art teacher would be able to pick out his problems.

Perhaps next time you post a rant, maybe read the post you are talking about.

No need for the swearing. No need to get all worked up. I am trying to point out some problem areas in his work, so he may learn and improve.

Last edited by Ghost_of_xmas_future : 11-24-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2007, 12:41 AM #65
pntballer27 v2.0
Eric Siziz

has been a member for 10 years
pntballer27 v2.0 plays in the PSP
pntballer27 v2.0 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_of_xmas_future View Post
Well lets just use the NBA as an example...
Current head coaches who never played in the NBA include Tony Barone (Memphis), Bernie Bickerstaff (Charlotte), Mike Brown (Cleveland), Lawrence Frank (New Jersey), Brian Hill (Orlando), Bob Hill (Seattle), Eric Musselman (Sacramento), Gregg Popovich (San Antonio), Flip Saunders (Detroit), Terry Stotts (Milwaukee) and Jeff Van Gundy (Houston).

I never compared myself to Roger Ebert.I said would you ask him if he could direct simply because he gave a bad review.

Name me 10 art critics that are also working artists? Back up this statement with some facts.

I said more then blend your stuff and use less filters. I mentioned bad composition, bad choice in fonts, lack of understanding of the basic principles of design...and so on.

I never said filters suck. I said that the reliance on filters is a sign of a novice. That it shows a lack of design knowledge.

I didnt say he sucked. I said he needs a lot of work, that he lacks an understanding of design. That if he is going to say "Don't post in here if you suck", he should also look at his own work, and its faults.
However if you look back at post #18 you yourself said "sucks" about someones post. Are you going to show us some of your art to back up this statement?

I am not nor ever claimed to be an art teacher, I said that a high school art teacher would be able to pick out his problems.

Perhaps next time you post a rant, maybe read the post you are talking about.

No need for the swearing. No need to get all worked up. I am trying to point out some problem areas in his work, so he may learn and improve.
Did I say NBA? No, i said college or NBA, if not that, then they grew up in a family of coahes, like the mora's in football, as well as the coach of the 49ers (i forgot his name) In case you didnt see, me and post 18 are on the same team and have know each other for the past 2 years. I mis understood and thought that you were an art teacher when you said one can notice his skills. and the only art critic i know was my art teacher, who happens to be a great artist.

Last edited by pntballer27 v2.0 : 11-24-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:49 AM #66
Ghost_of_xmas_future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballer27 v2.0 View Post
in case you didnt see, me and post 18 are on the same team and have know each other for the past 2 years. I mis understood and thought that you were an art teacher when you said one can notice his skills. and the only art critic i know was my art teacher, who happens to be a great artist.
You may be on the same team,but you still said "sucks", now in the light that you two are friends its easier to get away with this.

I am honestly not trying to be harsh on the guy. Yes I implied he "sucks", but he doesn't. He does need some work, and some understanding of design.

I was taken back a little by the rather bold statement he first made about not posting if you suck. Thats a inflammatory way to start things off. Perhaps I am guilty of trying to deal him a little of his own medicine. That said, I would like him to get better,he has some foundation of being able to be good.

If your an artist, you need to grow tough skin to take critique on your work. Its a lot of what happens in art school, people get ripped to shreds showing their work off in an effort to learn.

And you did NOT say " college or NBA" you said "most to all coaches either played Pro's or college level of their sport"
I pointed out a number of coaches that never played in that one sport as an example.
Now you are amending that to "if not that, then they grew up in a family of coahes"

You said "most to all art critics are artist's themselves" but then admitted "the only art critic i know was my art teacher" knowing your art teacher is far off from "most to all"

First it's "most to all coaches played",then switched to, "then grew up in a family of coaches"
First its "most to all art critics ",then switched to,"the only art critic i know was my art teacher"

You cant back up your argument, so you change it?????????

Last edited by Ghost_of_xmas_future : 11-24-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:22 AM #67
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

Just stfu, god damn....
and someone PS my pic PLEASE!

Bad Boyz ToyzThe BadlandzShocktech Usa
Planet EclipseThis.Is.LifeLive.Fluid

Sexy, LNIB Droid.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:42 AM #68
ibunkernoobs
destroy.

Last edited by ibunkernoobs : 11-24-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:44 AM #69
ibunkernoobs
destroy.

Quote:
Not trying t0 be harsh, but honest.
He stated at the very beginning about not posting stuff if you suck.
I was trying to give him honest,very honest, yet constructive criticism of his work. If he opens a thread with a bold statement like "Don't post in here if you suck", he should be willing to accept some real critique on his own work.

Maybe it doesn't "suck", but it is obviously done by an novice. If I learned anything in art school it was that you need to be open to honest feedback, even sometimes brutal feedback if you want to learn and get better.
Sorry buddy, i play paintball not shove computer mouses in my ***. any day you wanna go on the field i'll show you a little constructive criticism
Old 11-24-2007, 04:26 AM #70
Ghost_of_xmas_future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkernoobs View Post
Sorry buddy, i play paintball not shove computer mouses in my ***. any day you wanna go on the field i'll show you a little constructive criticism
Your comments just show your age and lack of maturity. If you cant handle some honest feedback...don't post your Photoshop work.

It's ok, no hard feelings, your only 18 and don't know better.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:49 AM #71
chitownballa19
Braaap

just curious, how old are you?
Old 11-24-2007, 09:30 AM #72
pntballer27 v2.0
Eric Siziz

Quote:
You may be on the same team,but you still said "sucks", now in the light that you two are friends its easier to get away with this.

I am honestly not trying to be harsh on the guy. Yes I implied he "sucks", but he doesn't. He does need some work, and some understanding of design.

I was taken back a little by the rather bold statement he first made about not posting if you suck. Thats a inflammatory way to start things off. Perhaps I am guilty of trying to deal him a little of his own medicine. That said, I would like him to get better,he has some foundation of being able to be good.

If your an artist, you need to grow tough skin to take critique on your work. Its a lot of what happens in art school, people get ripped to shreds showing their work off in an effort to learn.

And you did NOT say " college or NBA" you said "most to all coaches either played Pro's or college level of their sport"
I pointed out a number of coaches that never played in that one sport as an example.
Now you are amending that to "if not that, then they grew up in a family of coahes"

You said "most to all art critics are artist's themselves" but then admitted "the only art critic i know was my art teacher" knowing your art teacher is far off from "most to all"

First it's "most to all coaches played",then switched to, "then grew up in a family of coaches"
First its "most to all art critics ",then switched to,"the only art critic i know was my art teacher"

You cant back up your argument, so you change it?????????
when did i change my argument, i said that for the very small percentage of coaches that didnt play college or the professional leve, that someone in there close family coached, so they had 1st hand experiecne of it
Old 11-24-2007, 09:35 AM #73
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

lets keep this on topic, and keep the arguing out or a mod will close this.

Sexy, LNIB Droid.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:42 AM #74
midwestballer$219$

I can tie my own shoes.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 AM #75
xmwxpaintballkid
=0

xmwxpaintballkid plays in the PSP
xmwxpaintballkid plays in the APPA D4 division
I thought this was a photoshop thread. Eric just stop talking to the guy so the thread can get back on topic.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:05 AM #76
Phantom104 (Banned)

Phantom104 plays in the PSP
Phantom104 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Phantom104 supports Team VICIOUS
Phantom104 is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestballer$219$ View Post
I can tie my own shoes.
dude that so sick! i just gt that down also. how do you do yours? i do the one loop thing then around the loop. the 2 loop thing is gay.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:10 AM #77
xmwxpaintballkid
=0

loop swoop and pull?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:19 AM #78
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestballer$219$ View Post
I can tie my own shoes.
I can wipe my own ***

I really cant.
Soooo... ummm, photoshop... yeah

Sexy, LNIB Droid.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:34 PM #79
ibunkernoobs
destroy.

just got the new Photoshop CS4
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 PM #80
xmwxpaintballkid
=0

aaahahahahhaha erics a noob.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:01 PM #81
shockaffectpb

shockaffectpb plays in the PSP
shockaffectpb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shockaffectpb supports Team VICIOUS
shockaffectpb supports our troops
shockaffectpb is reppin' sidebar 4 life
shockaffectpb supports Pev's Paintball
he thinks he playin d3
Old 11-24-2007, 02:35 PM #82
Luke6017
It's a trap!

Luke6017 plays in the PSP
Luke6017 supports Team VICIOUS
Luke6017 is an NCPA player
Old 11-24-2007, 02:37 PM #83
pntballer27 v2.0
Eric Siziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockaffectpb View Post
he thinks he playin d3
I dont think i am, i know i am.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:17 PM #84
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
Well, that was fun.

If we ever have another one of these threads, I suggest leaving out the name calling and complaining. Not everyone is good with PS, not all of the pictures are good. Either do better or move on.

Having said that, this thread seems to have gone terminally off-topic.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Closed Thread