Old 07-25-2012, 01:18 PM #64
DPeña10

DPeña10 plays in the PSP
DPeña10 plays in the MiLP
DPeña10 plays in the APPA D2 division
DPeña10 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Grenade View Post
I feel the need to mention that I am unable to decipher this thread title.
Thank you.

And as to all the comments. Im sorry, but if you don't agree with the reffing then dont play. Its not like Johnny or Sr., go up to the reffs once in a while and say "Oh today doesnt matter, do what you want". They try as hard as they can to put on a great event. Why in the world would they tolerate bad behavior because in the end it hurts their own business.
You act as if, they have some sort of main influence on calls etc. However lets face it, once in a while, there are bad calls, however it goes both ways. And honestly, if you're blaming the outcome of the game on reffing then its your own fault for not playing better.

Its best 2/3, which means that just from one call does not cause the other team to win twice. Maybe if your team actually shot the other team more, and got shot less, then there wouldnt be an issue. If you were good enough to get a first shot on the person, do it again.

Freaking out and throwing temper tantrums as I saw in the finals for d4 is hilarious and uncalled for. Stop being little babies about the situation, and actually get good enough to where you can just beat a team twice and not have the reffing make the outcome of the game.

Calls go both ways, how many times do these threads pop up.... after every event, and why? Because someones team wasnt good enough to simply win.

ITS OVER WITH. Do you want some kind of first place trophy to make you feel better about the situation, because im sure Johnny will make one for you.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM #65
Uncle Mike

has been a member for 10 years
Okay, slow day at work up here in New England, but I love surfing for Ref threads. Sounds to me like you have a great field owner down there as his post was the only one that had logic. Glad to hear your economy is getting better down there, sense it seems that whining kids are attending your events on their parents income again. I love paintball even when I'm bored it always provides interesting reading for a laugh.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 PM #66
Mark790.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPeña10 View Post
hilarious and uncalled for
Mark790.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM #67
DPeña10

DPeña10 plays in the PSP
DPeña10 plays in the MiLP
DPeña10 plays in the APPA D2 division
DPeña10 supports Empire
Mark you enjoyed it, be honest.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:11 PM #68
11shooter

11shooter plays in the PSP
11shooter plays in the APPA D4 division
11shooter supports Empire
i cant believe this has gone 4 pages long.
to john and the cfp staff just keep doing what you doing.you have the best series we ULTRA have ever played.
11shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 AM #69
TheTrooper

I can live with the refs at CFP. Having played several sports in my life I realize that you're not going to get perfect reffing in any sport, you just hope the good and bad calls even out at the end of the day. Most of the refs are trying to do a good job and are not out to screw anyone. Although, when you are constantly *****ing and yelling at the refs after every point you lose, it would be hard for them not to lose a little bit of their objectivity. As a player you play a couple of points and then go sit down for half an hour. The refs are out there every single point in the 100 degree heat. And it all goes back to integrity, as Blutick so eloquently put it, it there wasn't so much cheating there wouldn't be the need for any refs at all.

I would like to see the safety concerns addressed. There are A LOT of players going in the pits between points with live guns and no barrel sock. And there are too many players walking around outside the nets with no sock or a squeegee stuck in their barrel(and no, a squeegee does not count as having your barrel covered). Last Saturday at Event 5 there was a guy who got shot in face by some dumb *** kid who was walking around with no sock on his gun. Fortunately the ball hit the guy in the cheek and not in the eye.

And to the staff at CFP, overall it is a great series to play and the events are run very good.

Last edited by TheTrooper : 07-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
TheTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM #70
amofop

amofop plays in the PSP
amofop plays in the APPA D5 division
amofop supports DLX Technology
Good event. Ive had some bad and good calls... Thats expected. Great event overall. thought this would be /thread when john posted om page 1. But since we are om pg 4 I thought I would add my 2 cents. Quit crying and play pb.

WTB BACKUP SET UP
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post79063791
amofop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:28 PM #71
2k4
ADXN

2k4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2k4 plays in the APPA D4 division
been playing for a while.i love the cfp events.reffing is as good or better than psp events imo.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 AM #72
c_dogg4

c_dogg4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4
been playing for a while.i love the cfp events.reffing is as good or better than psp events imo.
This made me Lol...
c_dogg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 PM #73
tyler12
Tyler Dean

tyler12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tyler12 supports Team VICIOUS
tyler12 posts videos on PbNation
If this was a national event I can see complaints coming out...its cfps, granted a very successful and tough series, but not that expensive. Most of the cfps/static guys are out there every weekend grinding hard for events, reffing helps pay for national events...pretty sure they take it seriously. Be thankful you have a legit series with tons of competition and awesome fields to play on, and give the Refs some ****ing respect.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:27 PM #74
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 is an NCPA National Champion
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler12 View Post
If this was a national event I can see complaints coming out...its cfps, granted a very successful and tough series, but not that expensive. Most of the cfps/static guys are out there every weekend grinding hard for events, reffing helps pay for national events...pretty sure they take it seriously. Be thankful you have a legit series with tons of competition and awesome fields to play on, and give the Refs some ****ing respect.
Just as a heads up, the CFPS is reffed much better than the PSP series. At least from my experiences.
And the CFP/Static guys are not being compensated in money for reffing. It's a responsibility that comes with playing for the CFP organization.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:23 AM #75
justpaintballin
BARSTOOL

They had D6 3 man teams reffing on sunday. So my question is to cfp why they didnt have enuff refs its not the refs fault cfp cant get **** together ever!!!!!
justpaintballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM #76
lynnwood

lynnwood plays in the PSP
lynnwood plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpaintballin View Post
They had D6 3 man teams reffing on sunday. So my question is to cfp why they didnt have enuff refs its not the refs fault cfp cant get **** together ever!!!!!
want do you mean cfp doesn't have its stuff together ever? Ive been very happy with these events. im not sure if D6 guys were used or not, but i am sure no matter the skill level you can see if someone is shot.
1st Place round 1 CFPS D4 X-ball 2011
1st place round 6 cfps d4x palm beach
1st place round 5 cfps d4x palm beach
1st place round 4 cfps d4x Palm beach
1st place round 2 cfps d4x Palm beach
lynnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:31 AM #77
kaye17
KittySw4g

kaye17 plays in the PSP
kaye17 plays in the MiLP
kaye17 is an NCPA player
kaye17 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_dogg4 View Post
This comment is all I want. Consistency. If one guy gets shot and stays in, call a penalty. If another guy after him happens, he should get the same penalty. It seems like being friends and all that has gotten to be the problem. If I don't like a team, I can pull penalties for any reason without any rhyme or reason. But when my boys are playing, they won't get any penalties thrown on them. That sort of thing is wrong and needs to be stopped. The refs who do what I just stated, need to face consequences.

This. This is finally said and I thank you. Biased reffing is a serious issue. Must be stopped.
D3 Revolution #17
Tiki's Paintball Brandon, FL
MACDEV GT SWAG
Teal Pink
<3 Tampa Bay Damage <3
Front D Player
MEOWWWWWWWWWWW
kaye17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:34 AM #78
amofop

amofop plays in the PSP
Quote:
Just because someone plays d6 doesnt mean you cant show him how to rotate and tech him his placement.

And how im hell does d6 player as ref=doesnt have their **** together?

Your math seems off. And ive had worse reffing at cup then at cfp.

WTB BACKUP SET UP
Old 08-05-2012, 03:05 PM #79
amofop

amofop plays in the PSP
Quote:
Just because someone plays d6 doesnt mean you cant show him how to rotate and tech him his placement.

WTB BACKUP SET UP
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM #80
DylanB16
Beaner

DylanB16 plays in the PSP
DylanB16 posts videos on PbNation
DylanB16 plays in the APPA D4 division
DylanB16 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by amofop View Post

Very well said Alex sir.
CFP Static #55 1st place Dallas Open/3rd place Mid Atlantic Open
Team Nihil #55 2012 CFPS D6 3-man series Champs
9mr Predators #55
Gearbag sale F/S
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post79090477
DylanB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:47 PM #81
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 is an NCPA National Champion
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaye17 View Post
This. This is finally said and I thank you. Biased reffing is a serious issue. Must be stopped.
Care to message me? Now I didn't ref the last event so I can't be sure about that one, however I have reffed nearly every event beforehand and have yet to see such a thing.

I'm just curious is all. Seems every time someone complains about a "questionable" call on field they get it explained to them and walk away happy. Yet after the matter people feel the need to post on PbN about matters which could have been discussed in a much better fashion at the event in more detail if they so please.

I'm in no way voicing anything from the organization or the Smiths. Just wanting to know for myself.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM #82
AlexBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice empire77

Care to message me? Now I didn't ref the last event so I can't be sure about that one, however I have reffed nearly every event beforehand and have yet to see such a thing.

I'm just curious is all. Seems every time someone complains about a "questionable" call on field they get it explained to them and walk away happy. Yet after the matter people feel the need to post on PbN about matters which could have been discussed in a much better fashion at the event in more detail if they so please.

I'm in no way voicing anything from the organization or the Smiths. Just wanting to know for myself.
I have a question actually. I got a few penalties pulled on me thos weekend 2 were majors and a minor. The minor was the only one I actually understand why I got it.

I got 1 major from a bounce off my shoulder n someone told me it was cause I didn't call for a paintcheck but instead I just shot the snake guy out n wrapped n shot the guy who bounce me...but they let him stay in and pulled me for a major? I didn't realize I had to callfor a paint check even if I could see where I got shot and see tht it bounced. So I was a little upset with tht one.

An the other major was cause a ref said I was trying to wipe off a hit on my bunker. I had a little sliver of paint on the top edge of my mask, probably from a broken ball flying over my head and spraying on me or sumthin. But I never felt a shot hit me in complete honesty. And my head was a good half foot away from my bunker so unless I have bad depth perception I couldn't have been wipin it off on the bunker. But thts why he said he gave me the penalty.

Now my minor, tht was my stupidity and not feeling like getting shot, I got hit in the face but didn't feel like backing up n getting destroyed by the lane again(first game of the day wasn't exactly feelin it yet haha) and I stayed in fr an extra few seconds waitin for the lane to stop, I didn't shoot, but ya haha I definitely shoulda just taken the bonus balls lol :p

Anyways, overall I believe the reffing was good this year, there was some stuff said in this thread tht I agree with and some that I don't. But either way, when it cones down to it we all go to the next event...so either paintball is to addicting to care about the reffing too much, or the reffing is good enough to keep us all coming back...or both lol
AlexBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 PM #83
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
I felt like the reffing was great for event 6 but I STILL wasn't Chrono'd once during the entire event.

I used three different guns all season and I never chrono'd a single one of them before playing, but nobody would ever know that because nobody ever checked. I understand you guys have a lot to deal with, but in 2009 (I didn't play in '10/'11) I was chrono'd before each prelim match. Why did you stop?

Other than that minor complaint, best season of paintball I've ever had. Thanks to the whole CFPS staff for everything, it was a year that you can be sure I'll never forget.

WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM #84
thegiff420

thegiff420 plays in the MiLP
thegiff420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
thegiff420 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thegiff420 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I felt like the reffing was great for event 6 but I STILL wasn't Chrono'd once during the entire event.

I used three different guns all season and I never chrono'd a single one of them before playing, but nobody would ever know that because nobody ever checked. I understand you guys have a lot to deal with, but in 2009 (I didn't play in '10/'11) I was chrono'd before each prelim match. Why did you stop?

Other than that minor complaint, best season of paintball I've ever had. Thanks to the whole CFPS staff for everything, it was a year that you can be sure I'll never forget.
The ref in front of the pit on feild two left side was not very good. He was talking to the pit half the time instead of watching the game. I seen him miss a few calls that changed games.. he also never told ne one to cover their barrel and once again let live guns into the pit. That needs to be changed before someone gets seriously hurt. Evryone one else on feild two kick *** if though I think they could of used a little more help so they weren't running ragged out there. Also would like to see teams being told to get out of the pits. Teams seemed to be living in there this wkend. Only teams that should be in there should be team playing and team on deck.

CFP AND FSP best fields in FL
thegiff420 is offline   Reply With Quote