PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-23-2004, 06:46 PM #85
importdirect
Gun Whore

has been a member for 10 years
Where can I get more pods for the q loader at a decent price?
My Marker Collection previous and current:2010 Macdev Cyborg RX, 2010 Macdev Clone, 2007 Eclipse Ego, 2008 Origin Ego, 2008 Xfactor Ego, Eclipse Sl-94, Bob Long Vice, 2006 Ego,Marq 7, Bob Long Rapper, 2008 Autococker SR, 2008 ION, Tippman 98, Spyder compact 2 in 1, (2) Samurai, 2007 Quest, Rebel, 2007 Real Tree Legend, CCM-SS25 Pump and Autococker pump.

MYVIDZ
importdirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2004, 08:44 PM #86
emnm79

Quote:
Originally posted by F=ma
OK, well I've got just about all of it down pat except for one thing:

Getting the inner cap off the drive tube.

OK supposedly disassembly of the q-pods is supposed to be tool free, but unless yuo have a 1/32nd" slotted screwdriver coming out of your pinky, good luck trying to get the inner cap off the drive tube. Those 3 notches are in there good, and there's no simple way to twist or slide them off.

The best I've come up with is stick a tiny slotted screwdriver up under there, put a finger through one of the holes in the inner cap, hook it to get a grip on the cap, and pull, then take the screwdriver out and do it to one more side, but then be careful where that screw driver goes. Once the cap comes off (with a good bit of force) the screwdriver will go flying across the room.

I'm down to about 3 mins 15 seconds to completely disassembling and reassembling a Q-pod. (This is with using a screwdriver to take off the inner cap from the drive tube).
squeeze the tube just below the cap, they pop right out if you pull on the cap with a finger while squeezing

also, q-pods fit in empire packs

Last edited by emnm79 : 04-23-2004 at 08:57 PM.
emnm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:33 PM #87
AgentU

I just got my new qloader, and I read everything set it up and such.

It works, but when I stuck it on my friends gun, it was like there was no spring tension.

like, I had to shake the pod viciously to get it to move.

any ideaS?
AgentU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:11 PM #88
JackoDaddy5
Old West

JackoDaddy5 is a Supporting Member
maybe it was wound too tightly, so the oversized ball was jammed at the bottom of the q-pod....also, if the tubing is too short, the balls wont have enough room to move, it needs to be long enough for the balls to roll nicely or it will get caught up
JackoDaddy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:29 PM #89
Loki666Speed

q loader trouble

i got a q loader alittle bit ago one of pods works fine tried it and it ripps but the second one i have i doesnt load all the wat i try the balls fall past the restriction ball im not sure why im thinkin maybe its insanly small paint or somethin odd then it wont turn any more if i try to keep turning it just breaks the ball does anyone know how to fix this or has any one else have trouble
Loki666Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:27 PM #90
july_favre

july_favre is a founding member
I just got a used system and sometimes the spring wont undwind unless I smack it or give it a jolt like its stuck for some reason. Does anyone know what might cause this.

powered by recball skills

Light up the eyes, boys, light up the
eyes!
july_favre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:28 PM #91
AgentU

That's exactly what happened to mine.
AgentU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:04 PM #92
JackoDaddy5
Old West

loki, make sure your detent is in place correctly, but im having trouble understanding the rest of your question, if you explain it more, ill be happy to answer

july, if you are winding it up too much, the oversized ball might be getting caught in the bottom of the pod, so dont wind it as hard and when you feel a bit of pressure, stop winding, so the ball doesnt get stuck, and make sure your tubing is long enough, too short will cause the balls to stick

agent, try the same thing as july
Old 04-27-2004, 08:10 PM #93
Loki666Speed

alright fidddeled with detents and works fine now thx both q pods working and rippin
Loki666Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:30 PM #94
Gaps720

if it is set up right will i be chopping with a b2k3 set on 20 bps with no pds? it should feed 20 consistently right... i don't wanna have to send in my gun for pds cuz i can't shoot as fast as i want.
Gaps720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:53 PM #95
codeninja

Gaps
A: Where is it breaking ( if its up in the tube its just lousy paint, if its in the q-loader you might be leaving gaps )
B: How many prewinds are you using?( you might need more than they come with )

I havn't rocked 20 with my gun ( slow fingers ), but I have gotten 15-16 without problems.
codeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 01:53 AM #96
JackoDaddy5
Old West

Gaps, i wont promise you that you wont ever chop balls setting it at 20......it will feed fine for the first 105 balls or so, but after all the balls are out of the pod youll have to watch it because it wont be force fed anymore, and the balls will be gravity fed and might not make it into the breech in time, this is cured by reloading before you need to, its really not a big deal
Old 04-28-2004, 12:04 PM #97
bscriver

q loader Pre wind stop counting star weighing

just a quick tip on the q loader pods, I have found that the tensions very greatly on each pod, The solution for accurately pre tensioning is not to count winds, but get a cheap hanging fish scale, and measure the weight of the pull on a fully tensioned pod that works correctly for your paint/ gun setup. I made a little jig out of a pice of pipe on a 2x4 to hold the pod, screw an upright 2 x4 into the end, put an eye on the up right to hold the scale between the pod and the upright board. The only thing is I havent figured out the correct weight, but this system will be much more accurate then counting # of winds on any given pod.

Brad
Old 04-28-2004, 04:39 PM #98
JackoDaddy5
Old West

the tension on the pod will vary, but it shouldnt be enough to break paint at any given point. If you have 15 prewinds, and 5 pods, you may be shooting one at 60bps, one at 70bps, one at 55 bps....know what i mean? your not gonna outshoot any number over 8 prewinds on any given pod.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:58 AM #99
Swantonbomboy

Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
98c+attack pack q-loader ?'s

Hi I have two questions.
1. Would it be possible to sand down the front grip on a 98 custom so that I could put a q-loader on horizontally under the barrel? If not how else could I attach it?
2. Will Q-pods fit in a DYE attack pack?

Last edited by Swantonbomboy : 04-30-2004 at 08:07 AM.
Swantonbomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:49 PM #100
flight_2006

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaps720
if it is set up right will i be chopping with a b2k3 set on 20 bps with no pds? it should feed 20 consistently right... i don't wanna have to send in my gun for pds cuz i can't shoot as fast as i want.

Ok. heres how mine is. I have a Defaint and the chaos set on 18 or 20. ne ways I dont chop until there is no balls in the pod and just like 15 or less in my tube. That is because there is no pressure on the balls to be fed into the gun so its like gravity feed. Easy fix for this would be to buy a blind bolt or pds(I think a blind bolt will do the job fine) or just watch your paint. I am gonna get the blind bolt as soon as I have some extra cash.

Chris
Team Dynamic
flight_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:57 PM #101
flight_2006

Oh yeah. Forgot something. The pods wont fit into 32 degrees 4 down packs. I mean if you push and push u can get them in there but i can tell u now that u can pull it out with one hand in a game. I had to stand on the pouch and use some body weight to get it out. lol it was in there good. Also some peeps out there need to read there owners manual. They have a problem with there Q-loader and they dont know what it is so they sell it. I read mine and never had a problem. this guy at our local proshop bought the q-loader pro pack with 5 pods. he couldnt get the thing to stop breaking paint I ever looked at it on his gun but he said that he had it down to 8 prewinds and it still broke balls right as they were exiting the pod. I told him to check his prewinds and make sure the paint is not really brittle and to make sure that the hose was set up correctly. ne ways he comes to the field and asks ame if I want to buy it for 75 bucks?? I was like well I laready got one but my friend will. he bought it and I helped him set it up and it works fine. they guy was useing this black hose that was slightly smaller in diameter than the white hoses that AIC send with the q-loaders. I think that that was his problem. I just wanted to say that peeps NEED to read the manuals with this to fully understand it and know how it works. This is not the first case that I have heard of someone selling them because they didnt work. Read the Owners Manual!!! Its not that bad to read once in a while.

Chris
Team Dynamic
flight_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:15 AM #102
JackoDaddy5
Old West

good job flight, the manual is setup so a 7 year old handicapped female could understand it while drowning....i mean....its got progress check........thats like hooked on phonix.....
Old 05-02-2004, 03:07 PM #103
F=ma
Newton's Second Law

F=ma is a Supporting Member
Hey hey hey, has anyone looked at AIC's new site lately?

The pictures are pretty hilarious, it shows huuuuge azz hoppers, and Q-loaders in a bunch of different situations that are pretty funny.

Anyways, they now have a new mounting bracket for taking it off the front reg, and I think placing it back with the tank:

Good stuff! Anyone bought one yet? I'm for sure gonna get one. Just not yet.
F=ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:09 PM #104
paintballman_13

Link?
paintballman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:10 PM #105
paintballman_13

Never mind
paintballman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote