PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 AM #1
aod_snyper
Hawkeye Luv

has been a member for 10 years
I'm back... and I brought an AMG to build!

Hello everybody!

It's been far too long away from the forums I used to prowl!

I'm jumping in here to pick your brains about upgrades for my new (used) AMG; the prettiest e-marker Kingman ever made! I'm currently out of air, otherwise I'd be able to answer of few of these myself, with help from parts of my "Classic".

First off is the board. I think the Virtue Spyder board is a compatible drop-in replacement, with the addition of a drilled hole in the frame to accommodate the button? And is there still a place to buy a 50g switch that's already soldered and ready to drop in?

Maddman Rocket Valve. This should work in the AMG, correct? I don't see any reason for it not too.

Striker. Are there any aftermarket strikers out there any more? I remember hearing Dark Horizon stopped making their titaniums shortly after I bought one for my "Classic".

Of course I'll be looking for a bolt too. I have found a Bandit bolt that should work, but is ACP around any longer? Other suggestions for alternatives are welcome. I guess I could use my AKA for a bit...

I would also like to get my hands on one of ACP's v/a's. I PM'd soccerdude1008 about it, just haven't heard back.

I'll get some pic's sometime soon, but she's (AMG) is in the bath at the moment...

I look forward to hearing from some of you "old guys" like me (you know who you are), and new alike!

Thank you,
Justin

Last edited by aod_snyper : 12-27-2012 at 12:39 PM.
aod_snyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 PM #2
savage24x

savage24x has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
savage24x has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
savage24x has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
savage24x supports Ninja Paintball
ACD is gone. Sorry, that's what I've been looking around for constantly ever since I actually got INTO paintball, rather than saying "hey guys I have a paintball gun, let's run around and shoot each other with it! You guys should get some too, they're at walmart!"
savage24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 AM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
ferret15 supports Ninja Paintball
Good luck bro, its feels the last year has been a fallout on classic spyder support. You will be fighting tooth and nail to find alot of these parts.

"Originally posted by E99_Curt: Shouldn't you be busy making a marker?
"
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM #4
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 supports Ninja Paintball
www.e-paintball.com
www.paintballgateway.com

They have a lot of old school spyder parts still. I'm glad to see some of these classics are coming out again. I still have my pilot and hope I can find a red esprit soon.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 AM #5
aod_snyper
Hawkeye Luv

UPDATE:

To answer a few of my own questions:

I purchased another Scenario Dreams drop-in trigger switch, but it is not how I remember and I can't tell if it is actually the 25g pull they claim it to be. It doesn't feel as light as the old one I had, and this one has the metal plate before the switch button (which my old one did not.) Either way, it feels lighter than stock.

I haven't decided on a valve yet. I'm waiting until I get everything else on my list and then I'll drop my Rocket valve in from the Classic and test performance. But, advice on a valve is still welcome.

I just received my ACP striker. I was going to look for another Dark Horizon Titanium, but then remembered my fatty for my Classic has/had wear issues where the sear catches, so I opted for this.

Bolt will be coming soon, as well as a board, just have to find the time to get it ordered.

I was also able to finally find an inline Max-Flo to power this beauty, so I hope everything checks out when I finally get it filled.

I have owned the gun for over three months and still have yet to fire it... Pics will come when finally complete, which will also more than likely be the first time I take it for a test run.

Justin

Last edited by aod_snyper : 03-28-2013 at 05:56 AM.
aod_snyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:38 AM #6
cougar20th
Custom Spyder Collector

Real nice to see some of the older people coming back.

Nice to see another AMG coming back. And I agree that the amg was by far the nicest looking spyder made.

Dark Horizons been gone for along time. Some of their strikers did have wear issues.

ACP I honestly am not a fan of their hybrid steel/delrin strikers. I had one. The sear catch surface was so roughly cut that it wouldnt let the sear slide.

If you really want to lighten a striker I say start with a stock one, Just stay away from the hammer face & where the sear rides & catchs. The strikers are at minimum case hardened so grinding on one will destroy that in the areas you grind. Grind away only in the middle so it has some touching at the front & back then smooth everything out.

Switches I really couldnt tell you. But you should start looking into what types of switches some of the other guns use. I bet you will find alot of them are compatable with what you have.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM #7
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 supports Ninja Paintball
Kinda makes me want to purchase an AMG now lol.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:58 AM #8
THEMINION
Gimmie The Loot

I got one

I have an AMG id be willing to sale. PM

Wide Body Militia
Battlefield All-star
Urban Quest
Minion D5
THEMINION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:17 AM #9
rickybobby13
PUMP IS LIFE

been looking for a VA for mine for quite some time also. side note you can toss a vs valve and hammer in it if im not mistaken i forget lol
rickybobby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:46 PM #10
FryinRyan*069
Inglorious Sports, LLC

FryinRyan*069 is playing at Living Legends X
FryinRyan*069 supports DLX Technology
FryinRyan*069 supports Shocker RSX
FryinRyan*069 supports Ninja Paintball
Do you still have the AMG?

"Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen."

Inglorious Sports, LLC "Like" us on FB - www.facebook.com/ingloriouspaintball
FryinRyan*069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:09 PM #11
aod_snyper
Hawkeye Luv

Almost finished. I still haven't located a v/a, but I'm okay with that monster of a fore-grip for the time being.

I finally ordered a Virtue board for it.

I still haven't put a single round through it, but will in about two months.

The goods:

-AMG Classic
-DYE UL
-Trinity Trigger (trimmed and magnet modded)
-Scenario Dreams 25g Trigger Switch
-Rap 4 Feedneck
-One-Piece Rear Velocity Adjuster
-Shocktech Drop 0
-Maddman Rocket Valve
-ACP Delrin/SS Striker

On the way:
-Virtue Redefined Board

Still to come:
-Bolt?