PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2007, 03:03 PM #1
heftylefty88

has been a member for 10 years
Nikon lens help/opinions plz

ok so here is my situation. ive been shooting for a couple years now. started off with a D50 and 2 kit lenses, but then upgraded to a D200 last year when it came out. ive decided that im not using my camera body to its full potential and just havent been happy with the outcome of my pics lately. ive been wanting to upgrade to a new lens and have narrowed it down to 2. ive looked back at my pics and the majority of then are shot between 18mm-40mm. i got offered a decent deal on the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8(non macro version) for $300. i know this is a great lens for the price, but everyone complains about how bad the CA is with that particular lens. ive decided to save up and get either the Nikkor 17-35 f/2.8 or the 17-55 f/2.8. both are considered nikon's pro level lenses and the reviews ive read about both say pretty much the exact same. i was wondering if any of you guys have had experience with either lenses and if you could give me some insight on which way to go. i seriously cant decide with to get. thanks in advance.

Flickr

mydubspace
heftylefty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 PM #2
elTwitcho

What do you shoot and have you tried prime lenses. I go out with a bag full of primes and won't even touch any slow *** 2.8 lenses these days
Because of small cock
elTwitcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:16 PM #3
heftylefty88

i mainly shoot landscape and city. also alot of cars with i go on cruises. i have a 50 1.8 that i use every now and then, love it for the price. the only price im really considering right now is the nikkor 14mm 2.8. ill look into primes though. ive been so use to zoom lenses that i havent really considered primes.

Flickr

mydubspace
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 PM #4
killr_b323
Dude, wheres my title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
What do you shoot and have you tried prime lenses. I go out with a bag full of primes and won't even touch any slow *** 2.8 lenses these days
QFT, I use a 50mm 1.8 for 90% of my pictures. 8% would be split between the 70-200 2.8 and 85mm 1.8, and 2% would be something else, usually my dads 18mm-55 kit, meh.
killr_b323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM #5
heftylefty88

hmm now that I think of it, maybe it would be more wise to get a prime wide angle any a 35mm prime. Then I can save up for the 70-200 vr that I've been drooling over.

Flickr

mydubspace