Old 03-30-2006, 09:51 PM #64
Klasic
TGOD

has been a member for 10 years
Klasic plays in the APPA D5 division
Hahaha

www.nickhammonddesign.com

Best deigns. Period.

Go to pages > Portfolio to see his work!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2006, 10:12 PM #65
pbalot591
BALLIN IN THE 772

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInfamous
sorry to sound newbish. but i dont understand the whole problem with the soft ears. like i hear oh they wont say nething. what is the big deal dynastys uses soft ears on their goggles. i am just lost i mean if they are putting them on their sevles then i could see it being a problem but if they are custom made for them then whats the problem
the only problem with the soft ears is that they did not come on that mask. he modified it which is technicaly against the rules.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:34 PM #66
crazypirat

not tryin to ruffle any feathers, but this show's the players, escpecially on the higher level, their respect for the tournament staff, and the venues... With several teams being banned from the psp, The Mariott corporation totally denying our buisness, btw thats ALOT of people, and Todd's shenanigans in a golf cart, funny yes..... but c'mon.... This does trickle its way down to the fact that stated in the rules they should not modify masks, and yet players do. As posted earlier the mask rule was posted under rule 5. something. What else is the 5th rule fo something??? Thou shall not kill? Not trying to drag religion into this, but making a point that a rule that high on the list should be enforced and out of respect for the promoters it should be something that the players should do. Sorry for going off on a tangent, but I had to get my rant out . Things do need to change, and Ollie is not the only bad guy in this, people have been modifying masks for awhile, why is it bothering people that Ollie is doing it now to a dye mask?
-and that pic where it looks like he shootin with his right hand, doesnt look like him... This guy has his visor, a glove on his right hand, no lanyard, and a blue halo.... diff guy methinks...
Old 03-30-2006, 11:32 PM #67
818_Baller
Stealth Media

818_Baller is a Supporting Member
Refs don't care what pro players wear...
Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 AM #68
ffry

ffry is a Supporting Member
ffry is a Paintball photographer
ffry owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
yea pro players generally can get away with almost anything they want equipment wise(modified goggles, ive seen alot of metal spikes in track shoes, untucked jerseys, etc)... not necessarily good but thats how it is.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 AM #69
ImFamous

refs dont care, events dont care, why do you people

If ollie wanted to camo paint his invision and use a soldering iron on it to add more vents that is HIS DECISION. it is not effecting the mask in a bad way and looks like its fine to me.

Stop clinging to every little things pros do, ur not them and prob never will be so stop picking them apart.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:31 AM #70
Dying Daze

pimp id buy the dye one
Old 03-31-2006, 08:04 AM #71
hoiktyger

wow

i've been rocking jt soft ears on my invision for over a year....cause i'm that cool. also, the mask in the pict is not cut, i believe someone noticed that earlier in the thread, lang is in the process of redesigning several of dye's equipment.
and, i can't help but comment on all you kids complaining about "the lack of respect the pros have"....i wore my soft ear'd invision at every national i played last season, and every local event. why? cause i have no respect? maybe...but mostly cause it's just ****ing cool!

ps, stop oooohhhhing and aaaaahhhhhing over every little thing the "pros" do, get out from behind your computer and play some ball, get better, start some trends yourselves...followers!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 PM #72
Gianni4ever
hi

i think modification shouldnt matter as ling as it doesnt leave ur eyes or ears vulnerable to paintballs
Old 04-01-2006, 12:10 PM #73
tRiCkEd
Shuriken Thrower

tRiCkEd is a Supporting Member
i used a cut proto mask all event...they didnt say sh1t

www.notorioustcp.com
Old 04-01-2006, 08:24 PM #74
badinfluencepball

i dont even know why people bring this up when it comes to anything sport wise that involves the title pro. pros get away with a lot more things because of politics that play a role in things just like any other professional sport out there.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:25 PM #75
badinfluencepball

yeah i thought the refs were really cool about all that stuff, the only thing they really enforced was the metal tips on the cleats and undershirts, and that was only on the angel field, they really cant say anything about cut ears now either because jt came out with their new pre cut ears. i thought hb was all in all a really good event, i cant wait untill tampa.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:27 PM #76
Signal20
Who Me?

Signal20 is a Supporting Member
Signal20 plays in the PSP
Signal20 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by badinfluencepball
i dont even know why people bring this up when it comes to anything sport wise that involves the title pro. pros get away with a lot more things because of politics that play a role in things just like any other professional sport out there.

The REASON why I brought this up is because I thought it was interesting.

Personally I think it is cool to see Ollie trying things out. I dont like the 05 Proto FS google system because the plastic around the ear muffels too much of the sound for my taste. I think it is great to see Ollie as a lead man for Dye/Proto, because he is a well know player and a good one at that. I believe he knows what type of equipment it takes to make the player feel a little more comfortable on the field.

That is why I brought this up!

OLD PBN Feedback 12/0/0
Old 04-01-2006, 10:15 PM #77
badinfluencepball

i wasn't trying to be a dick about anything im just saying pros always get away with more stuff than the lower divisions will, just because of the fact that these guys are paid to play, its their job, and the last thing on the nppl's mind is ollies flex ears on his invision. I'm sure as long as he attracts the crowds he does and the massive amounts of gear markers ect that is sold beacause of him that he will be able to do pretty much w/e he wants, just my two cents.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:29 AM #78
LAW | The Nuts

haha i dont like it at all....
Old 04-02-2006, 07:11 PM #79
cmad

lol..looks like someones missing JT already.....
Old 04-02-2006, 10:22 PM #80
snwbrdr913
stole my virginity

snwbrdr913 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmad
lol..looks like someones missing JT already.....
no.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:44 PM #81
slikwilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhtwo
i think not. its true. refs arent really worried about the safety issues ,especially with somthing so small when it comes to pro players. like he said they arent gunna sue and there wont be any legal matter if one of them gets hurt. so really and trully theres no worries
i second like they're gonna sue and lose the sport i mean that would be stupid
Old 09-03-2006, 04:48 PM #82
jeffaah
HeadHunter

jeffaah is a Supporting Member
jeffaah owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jeffaah has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by slikwilly
i second like they're gonna sue and lose the sport i mean that would be stupid

thanks for bringing a 5 month old thread back from the dead

BOSTON ARMADA
Old 12-17-2006, 09:47 PM #83
ace921000
HK is not the way!

the pic doesnt come up
Old 12-17-2006, 10:05 PM #84
Briankirk
Out if the game.

Briankirk is a Supporting Member
Briankirk plays in the USPL
Briankirk plays in the APPA D4 division
so many people play with moded masks...if u play events u know this. Its a dumb rule that is sometimes inforced and sometimes its not.