Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 08:02 PM #1
N4de kiLLer

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
N4de kiLLer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
N4de kiLLer plays in the APPA D4 division
DP Fusion or Interceptor

Ok for a while now I have been wanting a mid range gun that really is rare and doesnt have a big name yet. The interceptor and the fusion are both up there in performance, but I do not know what to choose. Can someone list some pros and cons of these markers. I already know that the fusion and the interceptor are pretty small and lightm, but what makes it better then the other?
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2006, 10:17 PM #2
dyeboy

I'd say interceptor it has an lpr, which the fusion doesn't 85 frame which is comfy as hell, sweep technolgy, lighter, faster.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:19 PM #3
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
fusions have lpr's, legends don't. fusions look sick, i'd shoot one. not over an alien, but i'd still shoot one.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 PM #4
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Something about the name "dangerous power" turns me off. I wouldn't mind shooting one though. The biggest deciding factor will probably be the trigger frame, by which the Alien wins comfortably, but its a personal decision.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 PM #5
ikey

dude? are you kidding? alien. yeah i would not judge a guns performance by lpr....from what i hear legends are amazing. a legend i might have to shoot over an alien. but a fusion? no way. IMO teh legend is the only FASOR worth money.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:24 PM #6
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

legends didn't impress me at all when i shot them. the fusion, however, did. It was a gun all it's own. There was nothing similar to any other gun about it. It was a cool gun, not gonna lie. But i'd still shoot a ceptor over it.

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-15-2006, 10:27 PM #7
ikey

you mean legends did not impress for 750 bucks? because i seriously doubt that a fusion shot better than a legend. even if tehy shot similar (i disnt say better cause i refuse to believe that) i would still buy a legend just because i know it is made quality (Warped owned company) and with great stock parts (sweet trigger setup, great eyes and baord, and the noid must be something really special cause to my knowlege its the only one ive heard of that can handle inputs of up to 450 psi).
Old 10-15-2006, 11:33 PM #8
jrhummel

dont be so biased just because of the price. OMG OMG the legend has to be better its $750 and the fusions only $350. Go shoot them, then talk.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:28 AM #9
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

for 350, the fusion as killer. Fast, efficent, different, and the frame is super comfortable.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:20 AM #10
PB_Matty

I've heard from a good 4-5 unbiased people that the Fusion is every bit as good as the Legend with the exception of the current board

The legend has a few things over the fusion and vice-versa, but when unbiased people pretty much consider them equal without even bringing the price into the consideration....well, go figure
Old 10-16-2006, 09:39 AM #11
younggunna6898
AKA

i just hate the fact that the fusion is pring return...like a bushy and a spider. Springs also wear out
Old 10-16-2006, 12:27 PM #12
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
There is a long-running thread in the Miscellaneous Markers forum about this marker:
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1444320

My E-Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
Old 10-16-2006, 02:18 PM #13
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggunna6898
i just hate the fact that the fusion is pring return...like a bushy and a spider. Springs also wear out
It takes much longer for a spring to noticeably wear out than orings common to all markers, so this argument is almost useless imo.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:51 PM #14
PB_Matty

Quote:
the spring is in exactly the opposite place, pushes the bolt back not forward...please check facts before making statements.

And people who use common sense can realize that there is nothing inherently "better" about air returing a ram to cocked position vs. a spring. You can however argue that spring has certain benefits.

Thanks for being a thinker Exit Wounds: you always seem to be on top of things in any debate i've seen you in
Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 PM #15
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Thanks Matty, I may have to sig that.

Also, just to nit-pick, a bushy is fully pneumatic, whereas the bko is the FASOR (not a spyder-clone), like the Fusion and Infinity.

Last edited by Exit Wounds : 10-16-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:16 PM #16
Game101

the fusion is yet one more gun we will not get in the uk

someone said it runs similer to a diablo wrath ? if so they are nice little guns to play with
Old 10-16-2006, 04:16 PM #17
ikey

its like the difference between a timmy and ego. some still prefer timmies. however most would agree that eclipse is way more high quality and most perfer the fell/performance etc of an ego. practicall teh same gun (design), but now a lot more ppl/teams shoot agos than they do timmies. timmy=fusion ego=legend
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM #18
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Quote:
too bad bushmasters aren't spring return...

Old 10-16-2006, 06:48 PM #19
PB_Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey
timmy=fusion ego=legend
I can sorta see that, but of the two designs the Fusion is actually the more well thought out of the two...the lpr allows for better tweaking, the cycle is shorter, internals lighter (people are saying the fusion kicks less), and the ram can be serviced with taking the grip frame off

Yeah the bko was the Fasor, bushies use a very light spring forward design with lp air pusing the ram/bolt back...it's actually not such a bad design either, if somebody would update it into a smaller package
Old 10-16-2006, 06:51 PM #20
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_Matty
I can sorta see that, but of the two designs the Fusion is actually the more well thought out of the two...the lpr allows for better tweaking, the cycle is shorter, internals lighter (people are saying the fusion kicks less), and the ram can be serviced with taking the grip frame off

Yeah the bko was the Fasor, bushies use a very light spring forward design with lp air pusing the ram/bolt back...it's actually not such a bad design either, if somebody would update it into a smaller package
it was good, but they are heavy. and mine wasn't spring returned. took the spring out of my ram to lower pressure. then i added a devolumeizer for even lower pressure. but thats all boring here, no need to keep it up.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:11 PM #21
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey
its like the difference between a timmy and ego. some still prefer timmies. however most would agree that eclipse is way more high quality and most perfer the fell/performance etc of an ego. practicall teh same gun (design), but now a lot more ppl/teams shoot agos than they do timmies. timmy=fusion ego=legend
as someone who shot/played with both, and decided to go timmy, this is what i have to say:

eclipse is way more high quality? thats news to me, and i own a timmy as do many people i play with, and a lot of others i play with shoot ego's. having much experience with both guns, i have to say i do not believe this is true.

as for preformance, timmy's, overall, have less kick. egos feel better, and some models are lighter.

the success of the ego is due mainly to the fact that eclipse did a wonderful job with advertising and sponsoring influencial teams (i.e. xsv), not the fact they made a better gun. that fact makes this part hold true to your statement: more people/teams do shoot egos/legends.

no offense, but i dont like your analogy at all.

back on topic: considering you can get a used 05 ceptor for around the price of a new fusion, i would have to say go with the interceptor out of the two. ceptors have better components (WAS board, cp reg, 85 frame, invasion barrel) and fusions cannot quite reach the level of an 05 ceptor right now due to a lack of upgrades.

KillWithGrace
Closed Thread