PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-20-2014, 12:07 AM #1
DKris2020

Air Tank for Tippmann Project Salvo

Hello,

I am going to be picking up a Project Salvo soon and I want an air tank that won't get in the way of using my stock (fully extended; I also WANT to use the stock). With that said I am looking at the Guerrilla 3000psi tanks and I want to know which size should work best for me?

Thanks.
DKris2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2014, 10:47 AM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

has been a member for 10 years
paintzapper owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Shocker RSX
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
If you want to keep the tank on the marker itself you will want to probably stick with a 48ci 3000psi tank.

Otherwise you can run a remote line from the ASA on your marker to a pack that can hold your tank. This is what I and most others do, less bulk and very few restrictions to tank size.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:44 AM #3
ixipaulixi

ixipaulixi is BST Trusted
The project salvo is not an air efficient marker, so I would go for at least a 68/4500 with a remote line or you will be refilling your tank very frequently.

I run a Salvo with a Cyclone and R/T and can go a handful of games before refilling my 68/4500.
ixipaulixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:57 PM #4
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

If you can afford it, switching to a carbon fiber 4500psi tank is going to be a great buy. Weighs less and holds more air. I beieve the 68ci is about the size of a 48/3000.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:16 PM #5
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I'm not sure how much time you've spent handling a Project Salvo with a mask on, but it's impossible to aim through the sights properly with the including shoulder stock. Your cheek simply won't be able to get close enough to the top rail of the gun.

This goes for pretty much any paintball gun with a real-steel rifle-style stock on it, by the way.

Removing the rifle stock and shouldering the gun using the tank would make the gun much easier to handle and aim and a little lighter to boot.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote