PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-09-2006, 08:07 AM #1
tompster

Diadem shooting slowly

I would like someone to help me. When I shoot with eyes off (dryfire) it shoots nice and as quick as I pull the trigger. When I turn the eyes on no matter how fast I shoot it shoots much slower. What could be the problem? I tried to play with settings, even reseted it to defaults>same thing. I pull the trigger faster then it shoots. Eyes are clean!

Tnx
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2006, 10:47 AM #2
98fool

has been a member for 10 years
the same thing happened to me. I do not really remember what I did but you should just reset your board it tells you how to do it in the instructions
Feedbackhttps://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post26590804
Old 06-10-2006, 07:57 AM #3
Fryloc

What is your ROF set to?
Old 06-15-2006, 04:08 PM #4
desertT1
The Burninator

also might jus be the battery not havin enough juice to run the eyes and the noid...any problem i've ever had with mine could be fixed with a new battery.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:46 AM #5
tompster

I checked with new battery and reseted Diadem to defaults, same thing. I played with BPS from 14-25 balls per second> no change. I even tried with different loader> same thing. I don't know what else to try?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:34 PM #6
desertT1
The Burninator

try throwing it into ramping just to see what happens, not doubting you being able to shoot fast, but i'm just curious what it would do out of semi auto
Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 AM #7
tompster

I tried with full auto and played with BPS from 10-25. No difference! I even tried with different brands and colors of paintballs.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:52 AM #8
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

does your bolt have the bummper installed to help with bip???
Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 AM #9
tompster

I have stock bolt.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:13 PM #10
desertT1
The Burninator

what battery are you using. i tried a brand new duracel once and it wouldn't even start up properly. the red light blinked 10 times saying dead battery. oddly enough, an ac delco battery worked just fine.

try puting on a bumper. when i used scortch from WM i had to cycle the bolt every now and then because the ball was too small to be seen by the eye unless the marker was facing down. since putting the bumper on, i can shoot anything but brass eagle wild streak because it's clear.

i can justify the crappy stuff because it was a last minute trip and the shops were closed. i try to stick to bonus balls and use evil on occasion.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:35 AM #11
tompster

I am using duracel mostly. I tried with some other brands, but same thing happens. Could it be that eyes have some sort of "delay".

I don't really understand the thing with bumper you mentioned.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:24 PM #12
Axe56
(e)rAwR!

Axe56 posts videos on PbNation
desert is talking about the ball placement bumper mod that splattttttt made... (found here: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891558 ) this mod makes the paint stay forwards so it dosen't roll back behind the eyes when it sits in the chamber.

have you tried new eyes? have you accidently gotten your board wet at anytime? do the eyes wires appear pinched at all? (hows their connection to the plug that fits the board)
Old 06-20-2006, 06:02 PM #13
tompster

No I inspected everything looks OK. I didn't try with new eyes, because I would like to check everything before ordering new, since I'm from Croatia (Europe) and shipping could be expensive.

Would bumper mod possibly help?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM #14
miniBALLER

*Removed for stupidity*

Last edited by amhildreth : 06-22-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:15 PM #15
hopelessandsic

Ingen > mini. /thread
Old 06-21-2006, 10:10 PM #16
miniBALLER

*Removed*

Last edited by amhildreth : 06-22-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:53 PM #17
desertT1
The Burninator

the bumper mod could most definitely help. what paint are you using? i use mostly small paint and there used to be the chance of the ball in the breach being pushed into the bolt. the next ball is being pressed on by the loader(and the stack on paint on the tube). since the first ball is behind the eyes, the gun won't shoot and with it being held in place it might not move at all even if you aim the gun down. The bumber mod pushes the bolt forewards so that is the first ball is going to be pinned down it will be pinned down so that the eyes see it and will let the marker fire.

before doing anything try having air in the marker and pull the pin up on the bolt and push it all the way towards the front so that it will be where the eyes can see it. hold it there and try shooting like that. that way you don't have to worry about the loader feeding slowly or about the paint either. try holding the bolt foreward with a rubber band if you have to. if it's not held forewards, the air will push the bolt back and the gun won't fire.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:49 PM #18
Some Dude

Some Dude is an NCPA player
Some Dude plays in the APPA D5 division
Some Dude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm going to assume your using a Halo/reloader, try changing the batteries, makes a difference.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:36 AM #19
tompster

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1
before doing anything try having air in the marker and pull the pin up on the bolt and push it all the way towards the front so that it will be where the eyes can see it. hold it there and try shooting like that. that way you don't have to worry about the loader feeding slowly or about the paint either. try holding the bolt foreward with a rubber band if you have to. if it's not held forewards, the air will push the bolt back and the gun won't fire.
I am going to try that for sure. Thanks for that! I'll let you know
Old 06-28-2006, 07:37 AM #20
tompster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Dude
I'm going to assume your using a Halo/reloader, try changing the batteries, makes a difference.
I have new batteries. Thanks. I even tried with different loaders> same thing
Old 09-12-2006, 07:59 AM #21
tompster

It has been some time now, since last info on my Diadem. Still nothing. It still shoots very slowly. I tried to push the bolt forward with eyes on and it shoots really good (thanks for that advice). I tried with bumper/washer mod, played with my bolt position, but same thing happens. I gues I'll try something else. Since I have few Sentinels I'll use Sentinels body and make 2 new holes for the eyes. I'll try to make their position slightly higher towards the center of the tube. I know that I am risking that eyes see the ball too soon (before ball sits right), but I don't really know what else to do. I played with BIP from only under 1mm forward to the fully forward position with ocassional stops (bolt got in the way of next ball). No change so I guess it has to be that eyes are badly positioned.