Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 PM #1
nastynoob

Clone gt vs GEO 3 VS LUXE 1.5

I own a clone gt and it shoots phenomenal for me . I love the length and how it feels in the hands . But I am curious what would be better ? Ie always wanted a luxe but idk if it'll be the same thing . I play mostly front and middle . I want a gun that shoots smooth consistent and that it won't go down on me . I've never seen any big problems about either of those 3 at the field . But p.e guns are workhorses I understand that and that here in south florida there's way more p.e techs than Macdev . So I'm not sure on Wich one to get. If to stay with the clone gt or sell it and get a nice geo 3 or luxe 1.5.... If you guys could have any of the 3 Wich one and why.
nastynoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2014, 05:11 PM #2
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
If you like the feel of the clone, I recommend trying the luxe. It will have the similar stretched feel and shoot very similar. As far as durability goes, I haven't had any issues with mine in 2 years.

As far as ergonomics go, the geo is a tad smaller and not as stretched out. It will yield a tad better efficiency than the clone and luxe, however the shot quality isn't as good as the aforementioned. The durability on the geo is great, definitely a workhorse.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:57 PM #3
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynoob View Post
I own a clone gt and it shoots phenomenal for me . I love the length and how it feels in the hands . But I am curious what would be better ? Ie always wanted a luxe but idk if it'll be the same thing . I play mostly front and middle . I want a gun that shoots smooth consistent and that it won't go down on me . I've never seen any big problems about either of those 3 at the field . But p.e guns are workhorses I understand that and that here in south florida there's way more p.e techs than Macdev . So I'm not sure on Wich one to get. If to stay with the clone gt or sell it and get a nice geo 3 or luxe 1.5.... If you guys could have any of the 3 Wich one and why.
It sounds like you are already pretty happy with your Clone GT so why change? I myself am a big fan of the Luxe but don't care for the eye covers that use screws on the Luxe 1.5. In contrast on the Luxe 1.0/2.0 you can get access to the eyes without tools which is one of the cooler Luxe features in my opinion. As far as shot quality goes, a Luxe is pretty comparable to the Clone GT. I find the Luxe to be more comfortable in the hands and am also a huge fan of DLX's customer service (not that Macdev is a slouch in this department).

I just recently switched out from a Geo 3 and it is also a very good shooter. As has been mentioned it doesn't have quite as smooth or as quiet of a shot as the other two. It does have slightly better efficiency (not a ton) and is lower maintenance. I did not find it anywhere near as comfortable in the hands (shorter length and not as ergonomic) as the Luxe which is pretty much my only reason for selling it. If it feels good in the hands to you though it is a very solid shooter. As far as reliability goes, I never had any issues with the Geo 3 nor have I with my Luxe 2.0 but I also take meticulous care of my guns. If you are a big maintenance slouch though, a Geo 3 is probably more ideal.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:21 PM #4
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Comes down to personal opinion. As stated already, Luxe shoots very similarly to the GT, although the GT is more efficient. I personally also find the GT to be MUCH more comfortable in my hands.

Geo 3 is, in terms of performance, not on the same level as either the GT or the Luxe. Not as smooth shooting, not as quiet, and not as efficient as the GT (although similar to the Luxe). It's easier to do routine maintenance due to having fewer orings, but IMO you give up too much performance for that minor advantage. I also personally like the fact that the Luxe and GT are both macroless more than the Geo.

2014 Vapor FST

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:40 PM #5
nastynoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
It sounds like you are already pretty happy with your Clone GT so why change? I myself am a big fan of the Luxe but don't care for the eye covers that use screws on the Luxe 1.5. In contrast on the Luxe 1.0/2.0 you can get access to the eyes without tools which is one of the cooler Luxe features in my opinion. As far as shot quality goes, a Luxe is pretty comparable to the Clone GT. I find the Luxe to be more comfortable in the hands and am also a huge fan of DLX's customer service (not that Macdev is a slouch in this department).

I just recently switched out from a Geo 3 and it is also a very good shooter. As has been mentioned it doesn't have quite as smooth or as quiet of a shot as the other two. It does have slightly better efficiency (not a ton) and is lower maintenance. I did not find it anywhere near as comfortable in the hands (shorter length and not as ergonomic) as the Luxe which is pretty much my only reason for selling it. If it feels good in the hands to you though it is a very solid shooter. As far as reliability goes, I never had any issues with the Geo 3 nor have I with my Luxe 2.0 but I also take meticulous care of my guns. If you are a big maintenance slouch though, a Geo 3 is probably more ideal.
I don't mind the maintenance it doesn't bother me to clean it after every weekend of use . And I am happy with it but curiosity kicked in cause for some reason the geo 3 sounds sexy and the luxe is a luxe not much can be said there . I just wanted to have an idea if I was to sell or trade the gt which one I would take . Luxe idc about the talking board . It does looks pretty comfortable tho.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:54 PM #6
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
I think you may regret selling the Gt if you choose to do so.
The Luxe is more comfortable in the hands than the GTi, but that is the only advantage the luxe has over the GTi. I find the GTi to be smoother, quieter and more efficient.
A Geo3 is quite a step down in markers if you ask me and I would not do it. They do point and aim very well for me though.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:58 PM #7
Divine Angel

Divine Angel has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Divine Angel has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Take it from someone who has owned one of each. Personally i own a luxe and it is my favorite but thats just me. Here is is short and sweet.

Reliability:
Geo3
Macdev
Luxe

Efficiancy:
Macdev
Geo3
Luxe

Feel in hands:
Luxe
Macdev
Geo3

Customization:
Luxe
Macdev
Geo3

Accuracy:
All about the same
Old 07-19-2014, 07:10 PM #8
nastynoob

I use to think the geo3 was a monster lol apperently it's a caveman compared to the clone gt and the Luxes lol
Old 07-19-2014, 07:14 PM #9
nastynoob

So now it's between the luxe and gt. And I don't know anyone with a luxe to try it out :'(
Old 07-19-2014, 11:13 PM #10
vegatron

I have both the GTi and the Luxe 2.0, I love them both. I like the GTi's shot better but I like the Luxe's ergonomics way better. If I could only have one, honestly I would choose the Luxe only because of the extras, rechargeable battery, freak insert compatibility, comfort, cool voice customization, but that's just me. If you decide to stay with the clone, you are not making a bad decision, these guns are both so amazing that owning either one is a victory in itself.
vegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:16 PM #11
Divine Angel

Divine Angel has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Divine Angel has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegatron View Post
I have both the GTi and the Luxe 2.0, I love them both. I like the GTi's shot better but I like the Luxe's ergonomics way better. If I could only have one, honestly I would choose the Luxe only because of the extras, rechargeable battery, freak insert compatibility, comfort, cool voice customization, but that's just me. If you decide to stay with the clone, you are not making a bad decision, these guns are both so amazing that owning either one is a victory in itself.
Seriously could not have said it any better than this
Old 07-19-2014, 11:48 PM #12
nastynoob

I'm just going to keep playing with the gt and later on ill switch to a luxe. I am comfortable with it and haven't had any issues with it other than the famous screen breaking issue Wich ima just buy the gti kit and call it a day for now . And spend more time at the field than the forums lol
Old 07-19-2014, 11:49 PM #13
nastynoob

Thank you to all for you opinions and for being actually helpful .
Old 07-20-2014, 12:39 AM #14
taulce1
JunCTion Photography

Annual Supporting Member
taulce1 is BST Legit
I think you're making a wise choice by going the GTi route and sticking with it. It's a great gun. If you really want to make the most of your GT/GTi, purchase the fitted oring kit from Aggressive Sports. You'll see a drop in pressure along with a smoother shot almost right away. After about 10 cases, nothing can touch it. Nothing.
taulce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:08 AM #15
nastynoob

The fitted oring kit makes that much of a difference ? I always thought orings were there to stop it from leaking lol not performance . Ima check them out thanks for the tip
Old 07-20-2014, 09:14 AM #16
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynoob View Post
I'm just going to keep playing with the gt and later on ill switch to a luxe. I am comfortable with it and haven't had any issues with it other than the famous screen breaking issue Wich ima just buy the gti kit and call it a day for now . And spend more time at the field than the forums lol
As much as I love the Luxe I think that is a great call. There isn't enough of a difference to justify the hassle of swapping out for something new if you already have something you like that has been working well.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:24 AM #17
C@mM!

I'm one of those guys who is a major proponent of the Clone. I love the more tucked in feel that other makers seem to be eschewing as of late. Its essentially the most efficient of the spools, points well, and has a great board.

I think mostly, find a luxe to shoot before you send your GTi anywhere.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:14 PM #18
nastynoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@mM! View Post
I'm one of those guys who is a major proponent of the Clone. I love the more tucked in feel that other makers seem to be eschewing as of late. Its essentially the most efficient of the spools, points well, and has a great board.

I think mostly, find a luxe to shoot before you send your GTi anywhere.

First guy I see with a luxe at the field I'm running up to him and asking him if I can shoot it .