Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 PM #1
GoonTheStud

Anyone know about zoning restrictions/ private clubs for opening a field?

Hi. I'm trying to get a field off the ground in Washington State and would like to do so legitimately... There are other fields in the area that are not zoned correctly and have been in business for years. "Flying under the radar." I have heard that they occasionally get pressure from the county and pull the "private club" card. So, does anyone know what constitutes a private club or any other loopholes to start a field? I have spoke to the county and have been instructed I need commercial land, apply for rezoning, need paved parking etc...
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Golf courses are private clubs that are often found in residential areas? Any information would be greatly appreciated in regards to private clubs, zoning, conditional land use permits....
Thanks!
GoonTheStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM #2
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Because regulations vary widely, you best bet is to pay a local zoning attorney for a couple hours of his time and see what he suggests.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM #3
TeacherCreature

You could go to zoning board and or town meeting and ASK them !
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 AM #4
rcontrera

has been a member for 10 years
For Washington State, it really depends on where you are. If you are located in King County, it will be a long hard fought battle of paperwork, presentations and inspections to get open. It is one of the most business hating counties in the state. However, if you come under the city limits, they you may have a better chance.

Check your location and go to the appropriate agency (city or county planning). They should have a zoning map and if you are in a residential area, you will need to get a variance. That is hard work, tons of paper and going to planning meetings.

Oh ... and anyone that tells you that you need paved parking, just ask them to show you the requirements so you can make sure you are following all the rules. You may just find that he/she was just blowing smoke.
FREE COMPRESSOR SHIPPING for cash orders (cash, money order, wire transfer, check). Shipping is for Continental USA only.
rcontrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:22 AM #5
Hellf1ghter22

Yes, call the county planning department.
Hellf1ghter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM #6
TeacherCreature

agreed on the parking for us it was just gravel
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 AM #7
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the MiLP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the APPA D5 division
It is different for every city and county. Check with your counties planning and zoning department. They have people there whose job it is to let you know what you can and cannot do, what you need and what you need not do.

Literally all they required from me was the necessary ADEM permit to do the excavating work, a different permit was required to put gravel on my turn-in and revive an old driveway, but the only thing they were super specific on was that it was necessary to have a wheelchair ramp.

-Will

(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote