PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM #43
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
I've heard of that as well, in the post I read close friends were intentionally split up by the school.

This kind of lunacy honestly scares me.
Honestly, I'm considering sending my children to private school to avoid it. At least they say "boys & girls" instead of "friends" in private school.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM #44
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I read something today that really made me want to hit the whiskey. It is about a school whose policy is to discourage their students from forming "best friends" because having a "best friend" encourages exclusivity. Blaker can't really hold a candle to that.
How are they discouraging them? I would be fine with encouraging students to branch out through group oriented activities, but I can't imagine continual separation for the sake of preventing exclusivity.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:02 PM #45
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
That is along the same lines as schools preventing PB&J because of racial sensitivity.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM #46
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
How are they discouraging them? I would be fine with encouraging students to branch out through group oriented activities, but I can't imagine continual separation for the sake of preventing exclusivity.
The article did not describe the methods, it only championed the madness. I'm digging around now.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM #47
Iamamartianchurch

I didn't find anything about the specific school I read about.

I did find an interesting bit about a New York summer camp that employs "friendship coaches" in the same article, I must have it glanced over. Anyway, If two children are seen as being too close, the camp splits them apart by placing them on different teams, even at different tables.

Wow
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 AM #48
scienceguy

Quote:
I didn't find anything about the specific school I read about.

I did find an interesting bit about a New York summer camp that employs "friendship coaches" in the same article, I must have it glanced over. Anyway, If two children are seen as being too close, the camp splits them apart by placing them on different teams, even at different tables.

Wow
That's pretty crazy. That kind of policy is usually reactionary. I wonder what happened that made them say "best friends are bad, we need to stop that. Everyone should just be team members."

As a parent all I can say is that we spend more time than we should protecting our kids from the latest research.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 PM #49
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Clearly you didn't understand the middle line comment. The title of the purple line which displays the middle was called "Fair and Balanced" (Fox's slogan). Whoever made the graphic is showing his bias.

CNN and abc are middle. Maybe a little left. Msnbc is pretty far left. Fox is really far right.
Swing and a miss. MSNBC is ridiculously more left than Fox is right. You're part of the "Fox is bad, everyone else is ok" gang around here, so your opinion really holds no water on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNeo36 View Post
CNN as slanted as Fox? That's a good joke. Tell me another one.
I know a good joke. You stating that you are a model poster on this forum, having a) been banned and b) displaying the awesome ability to fail on correctly using "your" and "you're" correctly twice in a single thread.

Want to hear a good joke? Stand in front of a mirror and talk aloud to yourself about anything.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM #50
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
I know when I'm trying to make something scientific, adding some colors and a graphic goes a long way to legitimizing my claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
It's strange how this thread has gone from misrepresentation of facts to bias. Bias =/= false or misinterpreted facts. But, somehow, that's an argument being made by anyone trying to defend the joke that is Fox News. Most people don't slander it because it leans right, they slander it because it has been caught so many times presenting false facts and misrepresenting actual facts. Any time this is brought up, the only reaction I've seen is "But the media leans left!" as if it means anything at all, even if it were true.

What strikes me as even more amusing, is that the liberal gang of goons around here are all still on their let's bash Fox" high horse, and very deliberately not laying any mention to the left media here. I know, you'll resort the the defense of "We didn't say they were any better" but it still stands that you are clearly attacking the one right network for....being right wing. MSNBC is honorable I suppose.

""But the media leans left!" as if it means anything at all"

Uh, it does. You don't see it as a problem, because you yourself are far left. You are cool with slanted media coverage as long as it favors what you personally value in life.

The actual joke is you stating "Yeah, I'm bias" along with that knuckle dragging primate pal of yours TSA as you and a select few others giggle and tickle each other while exchanging posts from side by side laptops.

Sleepless in Seattle I guess.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 PM #51
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

All I can do is laugh at Tuff at this point.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:56 PM #52
marcozombie

Lol. "goons." ...lol
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 AM #53
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
All I can do is laugh at Tuff at this point.
That's all you do anyhow. It's not like you actually debate anything around here. I like the one liner style of posting you've developed. You might want to check if that's OK with Licence2Kill, I think he has that trademarked. Though you know what a period is and how to use the shift key, so maybe you're not completely ripping his gimmick off.

Also - stay ignorant & stay on the west coast.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM #54
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
That's all you do anyhow. It's not like you actually debate anything around here. I like the one liner style of posting you've developed. You might want to check if that's OK with Licence2Kill, I think he has that trademarked. Though you know what a period is and how to use the shift key, so maybe you're not completely ripping his gimmick off.

Also - stay ignorant & stay on the west coast.
Me and Martain had like a 3 page discussion like a couple days ago so not sure where you are getting this "one liner" idea.

And I live in Kentucky not the west coast (hence Rand Paul, idiot). I was born in Dallas and spent a large portion of my life in rural Wisconsin. I have never lived west of Texas. Nice try, though.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 AM #55
F1VENOM

Doesn't debate the topic, tosses out ad homs. Tuff you're better than that.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM #56
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Me and Martain had like a 3 page discussion like a couple days ago so not sure where you are getting this "one liner" idea.

And I live in Kentucky not the west coast (hence Rand Paul, idiot). I was born in Dallas and spent a large portion of my life in rural Wisconsin. I have never lived west of Texas. Nice try, though.
By the way. I owe you a response. I need a break from that convo.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 AM #57
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Doesn't debate the topic, tosses out ad homs. Tuff you're better than that.
Is he though? I haven't seen it.

Quote:
By the way. I owe you a response. I need a break from that convo.
Ya, you're fine man. Lets go ahead and move it to pms anyways. I wanted to leave it public so others could join but if its going to be just a back and forth we might as well just not. Unless someone wants to read my deranged ideological stumbling then by all means.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM #58
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:

Ya, you're fine man. Lets go ahead and move it to pms anyways. I wanted to leave it public so others could join but if its going to be just a back and forth we might as well just not. Unless someone wants to read my deranged ideological stumbling then by all means.
Good idea, I will do that.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM #59
F1VENOM

Quote:
He did so well in the climate change thread, maybe I gave him too much credit.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 AM #60
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
I have yet to see it, but clearly I am biased because most of his attacks go against me for some reason.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM #61
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:

What strikes me as even more amusing, is that the liberal gang of goons around here are all still on their let's bash Fox" high horse, and very deliberately not laying any mention to the left media here. I know, you'll resort the the defense of "We didn't say they were any better" but it still stands that you are clearly attacking the one right network for....being right wing. MSNBC is honorable I suppose.

""But the media leans left!" as if it means anything at all"

Uh, it does. You don't see it as a problem, because you yourself are far left. You are cool with slanted media coverage as long as it favors what you personally value in life.

The actual joke is you stating "Yeah, I'm bias" along with that knuckle dragging primate pal of yours TSA as you and a select few others giggle and tickle each other while exchanging posts from side by side laptops.

Sleepless in Seattle I guess.
So, where does the substance in your post start?

You're doing nearly the same thing Blake did; stating that bias is the reason for critique, when in actuality, it's simply the level of falsities presented by networks.

And what's with the West Coast and/or Seattle jabs? What does that even mean? It seems you're prejudice for no reason at all; you're just looking for anything to grasp to continue your flame/troll attack. How about posting something with substance?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM #62
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
I was debating someone worth debating with Umami. He posts more than drivel and has shown (me at least) to think outside the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
So, where does the substance in your post start?

You're doing nearly the same thing Blake did; stating that bias is the reason for critique, when in actuality, it's simply the level of falsities presented by networks.

And what's with the West Coast and/or Seattle jabs? What does that even mean? It seems you're prejudice for no reason at all; you're just looking for anything to grasp to continue your flame/troll attack. How about posting something with substance?
Where was the substance in your pal's first replies to me in the thread when I wasn't even addressing him? There you go again - critiquing those you identify as "right" and ignoring those you identify as "left".

"What's with the Seattle jabs.....looking to flame/troll"

See previous comments with your pal here. The double standards are strong here. I'm not expecting you to scold him on the board, just pointing it out.

And I'm not doing the exact same thing Blake did. I simply posted a picture which received a worthless set of replies from identified liberals. I still stand by it too. You could move the Fox one slightly more to the right if you wanted, but it's not nearly as far to the right as the MSNBC one is to the left. Say what you will about Fox, but when one branch of the media is so heavily scrutinized, it's easy to find "flaws" in them.

Here's an example. Liberals actually flamed Fox for getting the Healthcare mandate ruling wrong, because they messed up and CNN apparently received more flak for messing up. The kicker was, Fox corrected the error far more quickly, whereas CNN actually updated their entire webpage to reflect that it was struck down. This isn't a right/left issue, but merely Fox fixing a wrong faster. So are they more efficient than CNN? Candy Crowley surely isn't. I guess everyone on Fox sucks because of Sean Hannity. MSNBC is swell and Chris Matthews is legit.

Right?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 PM #63
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Where was the substance in your pal's first replies to me in the thread when I wasn't even addressing him? There you go again - critiquing those you identify as "right" and ignoring those you identify as "left".
I responded with a link from a very reputible academic organization refuting your baseless point... How is that not substance?

Quote:
lol. you have to be kidding.

pew center: http://www.journalism.org/sites/jour...aignReport.pdf

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 12-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote