PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM #316
CobraXX
Klasic

Some days I'll only do the preactivation followed by a pump. Other days I wont preactivate and do two exercises DC style followed by a pump. It's not lemur specifically, but taking the concepts and adding them where I feel they will be best utilized. I've found for shoulders preactivating with bb push press doesn't make a difference at all so I don't do that and just jump into heavy DB presses. Chest, it depends on how I feel. Legs I only preactivate depending on the exercise I choose first.

Should I have just said I'm doing Lemur 1.5 with less volume and no NBC days? Then I could just say I'm doing a push/pull/legs split. But i'm only using some techniques from Lemur/DC to supplement the workouts i'm doing now and it's working better for me.
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 PM #317
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I wasn't like trying to take credit, i was just saying hey, that ends up being pretty darn close
Old 10-05-2012, 05:04 PM #318
hsilman
Disgustipated

C2

Weighted Chins +45x3 Pre
BWx12,5,4,4

DB Row 70x25 <- focusing on using less body english on these
Lat Pull 5x12

EZ curl +70x3 Pre
+55x12,5
+50x5,3
cable curl 4x12

ab wheel - a bunch
10 dips in between a couple of exercises

a bit crowded so took a little while, but overall it went very well.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM #319
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

10/5- deadlift #11

Deadlift- 2x2@500
Low rack pulls w/short monster mini and short strong bands- 365x2
GHR- 5x10 +10, 3x5+25

Notes: Not the best deadlift day ever. I didn't lock out 100% on the second rep of the first set because my grip was ****. Just a mental thing, as I definitely had it. I went with straps on the second set and had no problems. My hands just need a rest; they've been taking a beating. Rack pulls were with ~250lb of tension at the top.

Video to come.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM #320
Weng

Blackangus I think your bench thing is working I been doing it for 3 weeks or so now, and I just did 245x5 and then 265x2. I was like WHAT???

Before I struggled to do 225x6
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 PM #321
YoungGunner55

whats the details on the bench thing?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM #322
Weng

Pause when you go down then explode up instead of just going down as fast as you can barely touch then go up as fast as you can. He does it in his videos.

I did it with 225x6
185x10
135x10
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 PM #323
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

First off, it's not mine. Second, yes, pausing is ****ing awesome. The thing about pausing and doing clean, non-cheating reps: you ****ing own that weight. I don't give a **** how much you can deadlift for reps when you're doing touch-and-go, barely touching the ground and using a shortened ROM. I want to see you own that weight and make it your *****. This is true no matter what lift your doing.

Except shrugs. ****ing cheat like it's your last high school exam, and destroy your traps.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 PM #324
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Chest w/ misc. tri's and abs

Windmills
BB Bench- 225x2, 195x6, 185x7, 165x8, 135x10
DB Incline- 50x10, 60x8, 70x6
Cable Crossover- 3x14
Tri pushdown- 3x10
Ab pulldown-3x15
Windshield wipers- 3 sets, 1 fast, 2 slow.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 PM #325
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
First off, it's not mine. Second, yes, pausing is ****ing awesome. The thing about pausing and doing clean, non-cheating reps: you ****ing own that weight. I don't give a **** how much you can deadlift for reps when you're doing touch-and-go, barely touching the ground and using a shortened ROM. I want to see you own that weight and make it your *****. This is true no matter what lift your doing.

Except shrugs. ****ing cheat like it's your last high school exam, and destroy your traps.
You just showed me with you posting your videos, so thats why I refer to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM #326
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I gotcha. For some reason, pausing the bench in training has been becoming more popular around me as of late; two of our team members have now transitioned to it, and I'm hoping more people continue to convert.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 PM #327
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Finally got my video done. Be warned: this video contains ****ty pulling.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:38 PM #328
Weng

Quote:
I gotcha. For some reason, pausing the bench in training has been becoming more popular around me as of late; two of our team members have now transitioned to it, and I'm hoping more people continue to convert.
Ya, its not like I do it for all of my bench sets, but I put it in there.

Weighing only in the 160 range and benching 280 is pretty good I think. Hoping to get to 315.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 PM #329
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Quote:
I feel it may not matter as long as your negative is controlled on bench.

Heard a few people say it doesn't have much carry over into their competition bench though it's a pause then a press. In other words they train touch and go almost entirely.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 PM #330
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Judging plays a huge role in its effectiveness as a training method. Some federations require almost no pause, while others are very strict. Unfortunately, some of the judging is inconsistent in my federation; some judges give the press command very quickly, others make you wait what feels like an hour.

Personally, I think that making the lifter fully pause the lift is ****ing ridiculous and unnecessary. The point of the press command is not to make the lifter physically pause; it is meant to prevent any cheating by way of bouncing. No other lift makes you hold the weight like that. You don't have to pause in the hole on the squat, are given the squat command essentially as soon as you are set, and the rack and down commands for the squat and deadlift, respectively, are given as soon as the lift is completed. Breaking up the eccentric/concentric portions of the lift in an exaggerated manner is asinine, in my view.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:47 PM #331
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Agreed.

On a related note, in regards to speed work.

Regarding tempo, Pryor et al. (2011) found that fast eccentrics with no rest in the bottom position resulted in the greatest power output gains when compared to slow eccentrics and pauses in the bottom position (something Thibs has been saying for years, which has finally been validated). We recommend using loads of around 50% of 1RM if trying to demonstrate maximum power (remember power equals force x velocity), but when trying to develop maximum power, use a variety of loads ranging from 30-100% of 1RM. For maximum power production, we also recommend incorporating bench throws, which have an optimal power load of 55% of 1RM bench press (Baker et al. 2001) and display higher levels of peak force compared to the bench press (Clark et al. 2008).

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 PM #332
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Chest w/ misc. tri's and abs

Windmills
BB Bench- 225x2, 195x6, 185x7, 165x8, 135x10
DB Incline- 50x10, 60x8, 70x6
Cable Crossover- 3x14
Tri pushdown- 3x10
Ab pulldown-3x15
Windshield wipers- 3 sets, 1 fast, 2 slow.
y u only do one dedicated tricep exercise? and y u no go heavy?!?
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 PM #333
FHS JewFro
black AND white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikilwig View Post
Agreed.

On a related note, in regards to speed work.

Regarding tempo, Pryor et al. (2011) found that fast eccentrics with no rest in the bottom position resulted in the greatest power output gains when compared to slow eccentrics and pauses in the bottom position (something Thibs has been saying for years, which has finally been validated). We recommend using loads of around 50% of 1RM if trying to demonstrate maximum power (remember power equals force x velocity), but when trying to develop maximum power, use a variety of loads ranging from 30-100% of 1RM. For maximum power production, we also recommend incorporating bench throws, which have an optimal power load of 55% of 1RM bench press (Baker et al. 2001) and display higher levels of peak force compared to the bench press (Clark et al. 2008).
sounds basically what lurk has been saying about dynamic pre activation
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 10-06-2012, 12:15 PM #334
tanner202

just drank a **** ton of coffee. Need to go squat but scared of the coffee ****s

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 PM #335
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner202 View Post
just drank a **** ton of coffee. Need to go squat but scared of the coffee ****s
Proper dump timing is the key to a good workout
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM #336
tanner202

Troof, I already took care of the problem

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Closed Thread